zander

Ratan Tata in a Ferrari California in Mumbai!

Eagle eyed reader Bhavishya Chandra Kamineni spotted Ratan Tata on Mumbai streets in his latest acquisition... a Ferrari California! Along with him is Indian Hotels chief Krishna Kumar. Mr. Tata certainly has got good taste and class and his collection of exotic cars is proof of the passion he has for the auto business.

20090513_082251_Ferrari-Califor.jpg

20090513_082347_img-1.jpg

20090513_082431_Ferrari-Califor.jpg

20090513_082515_Ferrari-Califor.jpg
autocarindia2009-05-13 08:25:28

Amazing! This must be the first California in the country. Ratan Tata is truly a car guy. Wish we had more people like him running car companies.

@afterburner

Haha good one! But seriously Mr Tata should show the public his car collection. Believe he has a Quatrroporte as well and an SL. Positioning Tata as a car freak will have a positive rub-off on Tata Motors. Am sure a Jag XKR will be waiting in the wings.

Sure a Ferrari California doesn't come with RHD, does it? @Anijog: the photo's are blurred and one can't make out for sure if the man's wearing his seat belt's or not. One's got to hand it to him for doing 'top down' motoring in Mumbai. What if some one on the BEST bus had motion sickness and puked out of the window...aaarrggghhh or spat out that 'cud' called paan or gutkha?

@325i: Does that 'halo'ed collection have an Indica/go/Vista/Safari/Xenon/Sumo Grande? I think not that's why he keeps it under cover...I think.
Durango Dude2009-05-13 12:06:10

@Durango Dude

Tata cars not exactly 'halo' but from what I hear Ratan personally test drives all of them and checks to see if there is enough room. He is a tall man so to keep him comfortable cars have to be very spacious. Now you know why Tata cars have best in class room! He is a very shy man and generally doesn't flaunt his toys but enjoys them on his own. To each his own I guess

Well I have seen him a couple of time with californa .I think two days back when I was on a walk in Nariman point I saw the california which I think is Ratan's didn't see the driver though coz these day you can see so many supercar in South Mumbai like a yellow boxter the guy uses it to commute daily to his office I guess he is well suited up man .there is also a F430 and a yellow lambo too but I like the porsche turbo running on the queens necklace. Its awesome sound make the ferrari blow out .(I prefer porsche to ferrari)

Absolutely brilliant. And a Major Scoop by ACI Forums!! Congratulations on the Scoop Zander!!

The car looks stunning.....but somehow just doesnt look like a Ferrari..Looks Almost Corvettish.

Many had commented of ferrari trying to make fast buck out of the new small baby and many said that would it even be a ferrari but reat assured I like its looks. Performance of 0-100kmph under 4 secs is great also that with folding roof.

Well although he is not flamboyant but simple, but his itnerest for automobile has taken Tata motors achieving great heights...

Hats off to him...And the car looks great but i like ferrari F430 more..

Mr. Ratan Tata is one cool dude and is cooler for driving topless in Mumbai! Good car but not as good as the 599 GTB. Thanks Zander and Bhavishya for the scoop.

ya certainly he is very stylish man, i have read about him in news and his interest about cars and other auto...Meanwhile that red car is looking cool isn't it.