CYRUS43

WANTED:SECOND HAND SCALE MODELS

hey guys...if any of you have some scale models which are lying around unused or wanted..please sell or "DONATE[smiley1.gif]" them to me...

hey cyrus great to see another fanatic smiley10.giffor these master pieces....thought i was the only one(considered a wasteful expense at home)...i have a small collx of 21 cars and would like to have the whole lot ( read-all running models in the world)..so hows ur collx

i Have a scaled down model of a classic Merc -Benz SSK White colour' date=' she's Beautiful [/quote']

hey dude how abt me....may be i start a classic collx getting inspired from you.......smiley1.gif..so u can make or unmake a classic car collector....smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

hmmm... old cars collector.... their this who lives around my house i think he has some 15-20 cars clooection..... they are real good and well mentained and real oldsmiley2.gif.... i think his cars are always on sale.. but he might expect some very high price........

aah scale model collectors. my favourite.

got 4 Ferraris, 2 mercs, corvette, dodge, BMW, hummer, drag racers, 2 jags and many more cars & bikes. sorry budy but non of them are for sale ;-)

the collection is getting bigger now and had to dedicate one room of my apartment solely for these models. its becoming kinda trophy room now.

ohhhhh..... was thinking of life size cars till now...lol...... hmmm... there is this mall can't remember is it mumbai or delhi..... but they sell new scale models and real costly too..... heard some are as costly as the car itself(don't think that is possible though.... probably if it's like 1:20 ratio the cost may also be 1:20 max)

heres the price range i have observed so far.

1. 1:24 ratio range from 550 Rs through 1000Rs classic vintage models cost more. Mostly make from Burago are good Maisto models don't offer much details like working steering.

2. 1:18 ratio range from 1500 rs onwards. Classic models cost around 3000Rs and limited editions are very expensive. but will get very detailed models with working steering and suspension.

3. bikes cost 250Rs through 500Rs

4. There are some companys that sale 1:6 ratio scale models and these are prety expensive. e.g 1:5 scale Ferrari 248 F1 is listed at 3000 euros on official website!!!!

that should give you a good idea

at the same time very difficullt to get them ...atleast in chennai...i go to b`lore to buy them and its like 1-2 models every month....not cheap u see and moreover as u said The VTEC guy ..they aint cheap...and ur family think its a wasteful expense...difficult to manage them...

In Mumbai I guess you need to lookout for really good toy shops or for some hobby shops. Places like Center one will have such shops.

I genrally get them from good toy shops in Pune. Also look out for models avalable through web from ACI and overdrive websites. They too have good collection at times. Price I think my earlier post says it all.

*bump*

Sorry to get this thread up again..BUT, please please guys, if someone has any old scale models in bombay that they wold like to give away, please contact me ASAP.

Cheers

cy.

Any collectors in Chennai willing to sell any of their models? Im just a starter and have a 1:18 Gallardo, Hummer H2 (1:24), RC models of 1:18 F2008 F1 Ferrari and Ferrari Enzo FXX and 4-5 other 1:42 ones. WOuld like to collect more.

Dude..u can get some at Landmark.but very limited choices...as said in the thread..best place is bangalore at MODELARTand they aint cheap....iam too a small collecter with jus 22 models collected in last 3-4 years....and parents...well difficult to manage their explaination of WASTEFUL EXPENCEsmiley19.gif