Sign in to follow this  
rugs_tachy

Battery for Royal Enfield Thunderbird

Hi, i own a 2007 Royal Enfield Thunderbird, the battery is totally died out..infact the thing in this is that if the battery dies down, then we just cannot start the vehicle. I was going through the options of various battery manufacturers, i have heard of amaron batteries to be good. Can anyone suggest anything better. For amaron the model no is (AP-ATX5L) for Royal Enfield Thunderbird. I currently have Exide. Although i know Exide to be good, but now i am looking for a battery which has a longer life duration (beyond 2 years). I check my battery every once a month.

What is the warranty cover? I think Exide cover the battery for the full life i.e. 3 years from mfgr defects.

If you have additional accessories that is taking up your battery or else the wiring is shorting on the body some where and is draining the batt juice, check that.

I think most of the battery dealers now provide service batteries until your battery is confirmed for replacement.

most of the battery vendors give std warranty 1 yr and extended 2 to 3 yr.

if you are not using your vehicle for long time then battery will go die after some time, so best way is to use user vehicle at least 2 time in a week and run it for 10-20 KM's. you can go for any battery but i recommend DRY battery.

The battery was provided by the company when the vehicle was bought. It has a warranty of 1 year or 10,000 Kms which ever occurs earlier. The warranty is clearly expired. I have been using the vehicle regularly and as indicated earlier (check the battery) once a month.

@hdhakaita: What do u mean by a dry battery?

@anijog: The wiring is proper (have also checked it out) and i do not have any additional accessories fitted on to the vehicle.

Hi guyz, i replaced my battery with Exide Backer smiley4.gif. Infact i searched a lot and found out that only Exide has the 14 AH battery. It costed me Rs 1200/- with a 1 year warranty. The model code of this battery is 12MF14AH-3A. This battery can be used for all Royal Enfield Models which have electric start facility.rugs_tachy2009-05-27 09:56:06

Bumped into this topic, that I had posted long back. Infact to update, the batteries for Royal Enfield have two varieties:

1) Exide Backer (Violet Color) - 12MF14L-A2 costs about Rs 1000 - 1200/- This does not have an overflow pipe.

2) Exide Bikerz (White & Red) - 12EB14L-A2 costs about Rs 2600/- This has a overflow pipe.

Both the batteries are 14AH but when i asked the dealer about the difference, he told me that the second one has a heavier plating, therefore better battery life and can withstand the cranking. The first one has a warranty of 6 months while the second has a Warranty of 15 Months.

PS: These batteries are suitable for all Royal Enfield Motorcycles which have an Electric Starter Only...

Happy Riding!

When I purchased the Amaron at Rs. 750 for my Suzuki Samurai it costed me for Rs. 750 with warranty of 5 years out of which 2 years were declared as guarantee. I still think it was the best deal I have done. The Battery is also maintainence free, no need for routine check up and found costlier by just RS. 100-200 than others, and the bigger one was of Rs. 1400.