5u3zEr0

Which used POWERFUL Car?

First of all he does not want a diesel then he wants a good handler so no SUV's .Also Pete boxes are only for diesel engines and not petrol.

well you can go for CIVIC 1.8S and be happy because VRS is a dead model and service in not good spares can be a problem.

@Subzero: Cedia is too "docile" looking' date=' and doesn't alway's get a second look unlike the Octavia vRS which has both the show and go. Haggle for a more and get it for around 5.5 lakh you hardly see any Cedia's, in Chennai where it's produced. I see more Elantra's than Cedia's. I prefer the look's of the Lancer to the Cedia. Get a well maintained Lancer for around 1.5 lakh and spruce it up to your heart's content. I feel the Cedia is not worth it.[/quote']

This is the best option! get a well maintained Lancer for 1.5 - 2lakh and put in the best performance enhancements. The Lancer is a good looker and at that budget, you could burn the roads. Dont think of selling it later since you would cry like there is no tomorrow.

My friend once had a Lancer and spent a fortune on it. He got the body, interiors, the engine, the wheels all made up from DC and costed him 11Lakhs.But it was worth it!!

Skoda RS everybodies dream - BUT what about Skoda Service.

Also, with a Merc it will probbaly last forever. However, repairs/service costs a bomb.

In Chennai you must be having good non-dealership avenues. If you plan to use one of them then you should be Ok.

Yes a very good point indeed. I totally forgot about A.S.S of Skoda.!!!!You can buy a used City Vtec(original version). It got a hell of a performance and after turbo charged modification you can make the Skoda vRS run for cover..

Subzero, you already have an Octy, so i think the another car in your stable should be different although RS is very different from normal octy but still the cars are same with different engines...

I would prefer Accord 2.4 or V6 if you can get one..

Octy RS is anyday better than cedia and as you mentioned that you give your all cars to private garage so A.s.s should not bother you...If you are ok with another octy than go for RS and try to find out Red or yellow RS, nothing beats that..

If you read the article on Used MB's in AC then I think the Diesel E class anywhere between 2000 & 2004 will fit in nicely in your requirement, solid built, though for mileage you will have to really search for a good piece.

What is more you can go for additional mods like chipping on it.

@ Rahul1810: SUV's are out of the question except for the CRV because it is a good handler but good one's will be out of my budget and it's size will be an issue.

@ DD & Sharash : The old Lancer looks too old for me. Plus all these lancers would have done quite a bit of running whereas I am looking for cars with less than 20,000 on the odo. It is not an option.

@ Sarabjeet: Yes, even I thought about the Fiesta 1.6 but it has only 100bhp. And I doubt if it is possible to bump up the power on that engine easily. And yes you are right about spare parts of the Cedia not being available easily, some one else also told me recently. But I don't find it too big an issue if everything else about the car is good.

@ rssh: The Civic seems to be out of my budget, I checked yesterday and the cheapest I could get a low mileage 2006 Civic would be around 8 lakhs.

@ swiftvxi: The old City vtec though a lovely car, is too old for me now. They were stopped being made in early 2003 which is six years back!

@ BS: like I mentioned earlier, the Accord V6 though a good option is too big and I may

have parking problems twice a week.

@ anijog: If I was looking for cars in the Merc segment, it would always be a BMW but their maintenance could be exorbitant. Also, I am only interested in a PETROL engine car.

In Chennai you must be having good non-dealership avenues. If you plan to use one of them then you should be Ok.

Yes sir, I plan to use them as I am already using a private garage for our Octavia and Palio.

No Anijog, the car is completely stock and is still under warranty and yes, the alloys are OE. All Cedia's come with OE alloys. Its a nice well kept car and I liked it except that it didn't feel powerful. My list in order of  priority:

1) Octavia vRS

2) Cedia

3) Fiesta / Civic

Hope to see a vRS this weekend.

Well a projector headlamp looks great and I just love the rear lamp on the sports varient red on transparent looks great . though the current sports version sports OZ wheels and neew grill but this looks great Subzero and if you are getting below 7 lakhs offer then its good.

Guys, the owner is quoting 6.5 lakhs with his audio/video system with 3 screens for which I have no use. Before I give my offer, I am waiting to see this Red vRS whose owner is out of town.

@Subzero: Forget the Skoda and go for the Cedia, at 6.5 lakhs its a steal, but do you smell fish? What's the 'catch' basically? Has owner hit the jackpot and has booked his 5 series? Why is he selling short?

@Subzero: Forget the Skoda and go for the Cedia' date=' at 6.5 lakhs its a steal, but do you smell fish? What's the 'catch' basically? Has owner hit the jackpot and has booked his 5 series? Why is he selling short?[/quote']

i dont feel the "catch". the cedias have an aweful resale.

my friend sold off his 2.5 years old cedia sports with 20k on the odo for just 5.8L in delhi. the resales are a tad more down south .

Hmm! take a good mechanic along with you if you are not still satisfied with lower resale .This is a steel even I would have bought this a this price and be happy enough coz the on road price is 10.55lakhs in Mumbai .You can always modify the engine later and I have seen some positive modification results with Cedia's .It has a 2.0lt engine and the power increase can be phenominal add a  turbo , remap , change headers and you go a blast.

@ DD : The car is perfectly fine and there is no catch, I hope :). Its

just done one service and is still under warranty. Another good

advantage is that and you must be knowing this since you live in the

same area, is that the Mitsubishi service centre is walking distance

from my house. I can also check the service history there. The young owner is going abroad to study further so he is selling it.

You are right rssh, it is a pretty good deal, I just want to wait till

I look at the vRS. Hope it does not get sold by then if I don't like

the RS!

Well I think manufactoring is done near by Chennai take a good look at the VRS a busted headlamp or rear view mirror costs above 20k so tell the owner to repair before you take it. Do post its picks ASAP I am excited for you hunger for power . Tell the Cedia dude that you are on for VRS but most  probably end up for Cedia.

You still feel that you should look as the RS with such a massive blow up on Skoda's face in India with ASS. You sure are brave. Tweaking the engine on your terms on the Cedia should be cool.

It think with such a clean machine at 6.5 is a very good deal indeed.

Octy RS has some different class altogether, Cedia looks nothing close to Octy Vrs, he himself is a Octy owner at present so if he would have bothered about the A.S.S then he wouldnt have considered Vrs as an option, he is aware but still he is looking forward to it, that means he is ok with Skoda brand..

Subzero already own's an old 2lit petrol Skoda, going for another petrol Skoda is not a good idea. Or one advice is dump both the Palio and Skoda go for the new Laura 1.8 TSI sure to be a screamer. Tis got 9/10 in the latest ACI comparo, the service issues nothwithstanding that new Laura is a stunner especially in the L&K trim. or go for the new Laura 2 lit TDI with 140 bhp.

Well we get 140bhp diesel in only L&K trim which is out of budget for most but the 105bhp tdi is good enough . Its the 160bhp TSi engine of VW family that great. Hope to see it in Passat soon.