Sign in to follow this  
CYRUS43

Wanted: Maruti 800 5 speed or Zen

Im looking out for a decent Maruti 800 5Speed or a Maruti Zen for Family Use. Zens will be preferred as then I can do a E-Zen Transplant.

Criteria:

Should be MH 01/02/03 and preferably a first owner.

HeHe.. Of Course I will fit in a Zen or 800. Also, I cant use my Fiats everyday. And this will be mainly for my mom. smiley36.gif

Also, I have wanted to make an E-Zen since quite a while now. And im sure my mom woudnt mind the extra power!!

Ohh no. I Do not Mod my cars just so I can Drag them. The mods are done purely for personal satisfaction. The Scorpio is used by Dad usually and he stays in Nasik, and the Fiats cant be used everyday. As a matter of fact, all my restored cars are in Closed parking places, one in Pune, two in Nasik, and one is getting a repaint as it got a little damaged recently. After it is completed, even that car will be kept in nasik and none of them will come out on the road from 1st June to around Late september as we do not expose them to the rain.

CYRUS432009-05-17 15:26:36

Cyrus: I will take the Zen any day. One other option to consider though very rare will be the Alto VX/VXi - with the 4/3 M800 engine and 16V it is again having enought juice. However, it is not as smooth as the Zen!

The Alto is out of the question. Its just not that well made. I remember driving a friends 9 month old Alto and it was extremely rattly and noisy. Also, IT comes with a 800cc engine. The 1.1 Alto is difficult to find.

It would be nice to get a Alto VXi (1.1 Litre) that was quite peppy. But yeah as sgiitk sir mentioned Zen is a far better car anyday. Infact i m loving my zen she is 01 model and covered only 50,500 Kms. She is a beauty

The Alto is out of the question. Its just not that well made. I remember driving a friends 9 month old Alto and it was extremely rattly and noisy. Also' date=' IT comes with a 800cc engine. The 1.1 Alto is difficult to find. [/quote']

CYRUS: Please look up the Alto VX series. VX was the 1.1. You missed out a bit from my post. I repeat it for your benefit Alto VX/VXi - with the 4/3 M800 engine. I commented on its raity as well. My son had one for three years, and we bought it with two clocked up. Obviously the lower powered Zen (my daughter inherited his old Carb Zen at the same time) was a real driver's car the lower power notwithstanding.

sgiitk2009-05-18 10:20:05

Well Zen is a good car from city and it peppy in covering small gaps but I would have gone for VXi alto 1.1lt one (same engine as current wagonR) but the same of alto will be less. Best of luck CYRUS try first choice they might be having one.

The Alto, though a good car, Is not a very good base car when it comes to mods. My Aim, basically is for this to be a project car for future mods. But, at the same time, it will also be a daily driver for mom.

The Alto' date=' though a good car, Is not a very good base car when it comes to mods. My Aim, basically is for this to be a project car for future mods. But, at the same time, it will also be a daily driver for mom. [/quote']

Do you mean to say futuristic mods? what do you mean by future mods?

No anijog. I mean to say mods I will do in the Future.

though i would love to have a "futuristic" mod like maybe a Gas Turbine engine, or a vertical lift Fan.... smiley2.gif
CYRUS432009-05-18 13:02:56

Heh?

Oi Cyrus how many cars do you want, you already have 10!!

Well there is an SS80 M800 near my house, but it's in 'KATTA' condition and I don't know whether the owner would sell it or now.

Looks like Cyrus, you wan't to hold an auto expo entirely of your cars!!

smiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

Yea well, I need a daily driver. The four Restored Fiats arent exactly Daily drivers, The other Fiats cant exactly be driven, and the Scorpio is usually in Nashik. also, the two bikes, of which one is the Third IND-Suzuki ever, is in my garage, to be preserved, and i cant stand the Pulsar, which again, is in Nashik.