poddarsaurabh

hyundai verna: nightmare of a car

nightmare of a car. I have a hyundai verna crdi bought in 2007 april.It has severe alignment and imbalance problems which are faced by all other verna owners i know. my car has had tire changed at 20,000km. Radiator changed at 25,000 km and oil cooler changed 3 times within 35,000 km. I have faced 4 breakdowns. I dont use it on highways now as it is too unreliable, i have spent over rs. lot of money on towing and oil and coolent replacements made due to repairs because of part failures. The dealer doesnt get the failed part for over a month. The car has spent over 4 months in the workshop in this period. I called company customer care over 20 times. Each time i was told some one would call me in 24 hrs but no one ever did. Emails sent to customer care of the company were never responded. This is the worst car and worst manufacturer i have come across.

I dont know how that happened with your Verna Crdi but Our family's Verna CRDi bought in 2007 didnt give us any problems till date and is an excellent car. Our car has travelled 40,000km. Look what i need to tell you is that for every manufacturer there are 20-30 critics and each and every manufacturer has some unsatisfied cutomers. But that doesnt mean that the cars sold by them are the worst then they would have packed up their businesses. A lot of car problems crops up due to ill- maintenance by owners who blame the particular brand of a car and its manufacturer. This is onething i can assure you because Our family owns 12 cars of the brands namely Maruti Suzuki, Ford, Chevrolet, Mahindra,Honda. and we havent faced any problems with any of the cars of the these brands.And most important thing is yes, i agree with you, Many dealers in India dont pay heed to customer's problems unlike In US or Europe. They should improve their customer care services and pay attention to the particular problem in order to gain trust of the customer in their product and service.You can forward your topic to AAA(ASK AUTOCAR ANYTHING) along with the emails.They will take up the matter with Hyundai India.

Well even there was a complaint of tyres wearing out fast at 20k km and alignment issue was there but not parts failure you contact ACI magzine so they they can bring out your defected to light to Hyundai and then may be hyundai will come out as to not get humilated by a magzine .Try this it will surely help contact forum moderators.

hi. i can understand that a car has a possibility of manufacturing defects. what i fail to comprehend is why the manufacturer wouldnt ship a part for a month to its service centre. i called the customer care numerous time. every time they promised someone would call from the comopany within 24hrs. i havent received a single call ever. email sent to their customer care wasnt replied to. the dealer refuses to give contact of a responsible person in the company.

in my car the engine oil mixes with coolant every few days. which boils the engine and twice i had smoke coming out of my car. every time the dealer makes me pay for the coolant and engine oil replacement as well as towing of the car. this is a repeating problem. i took extended warranty on my car just 2 days before expiry of standard warranty for rs. 16,000 just because i couldnt have afforded to run this car otherwise.

now, the engine head of the car needs replacement as well. just after 45000 kms. hyundai's apathy still shocks me.

hi.. the company is absolutly apathetic to my problems. faulty radiator, faulty oil cooler, faulty engine head. i am too scared to use this car. pls tell me how can i go about getting help from autocar india. right now it looks like, at the rate all the engine parts, are getting replaced, i will have  abrand new car at 60,000 kms

You send email to autocar india and also forward your copy to FRG(Manish), CYRUS our forum Moderators .In order to get their email id's Private Message your problem to them. They will surely get in touch with you.Thanks. We are eagerly waiting to hear what Hyundai India has to say regarding your defective Verna. All the Best.

Pathetic to read that Saurabh. A premium car priced at nearly Rs 9 L thats much talked of and recommended by many to many, should not pose such teething problems. I am sure you are taking up the matter at the appropriate forums for redressal.Also its not digestible that Hyundai is behaving thus.

Wishing you all the best!

Mixing of Engine Oil with Coolant is a sign of Head Gasket Blown. Same problem we had faced with our 2004 Indigo LS (which has covered 1,66,000+kms till date) in around 2005 end. I don't remember whether the HG was replaced under warranty (might be).

In our Indigo LS, the Engine Oil used to mix with Coolant. One could Clearly See the Oil Floating on Coolant in the Auxiliary Tank. But our car did not overheat nor smoke came.

Please get the HG replaced U/W as soon as possible.

Have you contacted below Helpline?

1800-11-4645 (Toll Free - Only from MTNL & BSNL numbers)

098-7356-4645 (For all GSM Connections / Landline other than MTNL & BSNL numbers)

cr@hmil.net

Oh! That's a lot of problems. Manufacturing defects. It is bad for Hyundai for not giving proper care. They could have socked the parts at least. Even for Esteem, we can get engine bearing in 15 days. Contach FuelRunGod(Manish), but i guess he isn't available at the moment. Try contacting Cyrus through PM.

Oh! That's a lot of problems. Manufacturing car defects. It is bad for

Hyundai for not giving proper care. They could have socked the parts at

least.

But it happens often enough and we have to use to ...

no manufacturing defects should be verified during warranty period where there are cases of the car replacement or parts replaced under that, after usually no companies hear your plea and charge you for everything, contact ACI for further assistance.

Well ! I agree with the grievances of our fellow member. Though i am posting this very late on this thread as its from 2009 but i thought it relevant to back his cause of worry. I too have a verna 2010 crdi model . I faced a problem with the temperature gauge as it was not working. I checked the coolant level in coolant tank and it was ok , near full mark . I drove it over 200 kms without difficulty ,went to hyundai dealership and got it serviced in month of jan 2013 . I brought this problem to their notice but it was not looked into nor brought on record as they said their electrician would check it who was absent that day. I drove another 200 kms at moderate speed and got back home. Just after 2 days i started a trip to Jaipur in Rajasthan from Faridkot royal city in Punjab . To add to my woes the engine ceased in middle of dessert on highway driving at 130 kmph. I felt a sudden loss of power and the temp monitor boiled. The engine rattled and jammed as the speed decreased . It was like a nightmare in the day.

Only luck/ gods help was it ceased near a toll plaza. Parked the car there . Called Hyundai and i was denied roadside assistance. Hired a innova and went to Jaipur for work. After 4 days on coming back as no hyundai dealership was ready to rescue nearby. I got a iron rod customized myself with bent hooks and all to fix it at innovas rear and verna front as brakes were not working and towed it 300 kms back to Punjab.

This all happened at 58,000 kms on odometer. And only thing left working on car was odometer. As the dealer realized by now that i was a stubborn customer and would make all hue and cry for warranty. The defect was found to be leaked radiator due to manufacturing defect. I dont remember exactly what i paid unless i check the bills and i am not sure whether they did all repair honestly but for sure the radiator and piston rings were changed with head gasket.

My fault was that i even repent today why i didn't check the radiator opening the cap and relied on coolant level in tank. I got this car serviced at authorized dealership only. Where as i personally check my accent crdi for minute fixes and get oil changes at local mechanic shop and it clocked 1,65,000 kms for now and things are working fine.

Overall experience with verna is not very good. Maybe this will help somebody that i posted.

Once I used Mobile 1 Delvac and then Shell Ultra fully synthetic diesel engine oil and a can of 4 liter was priced around Rs. 4000 so Rs. 1000/liter.

These 2 engine oil are the world’s best diesel engine oil with high drain interval.

Valuable comments all round. :)

But 1250? Maruti? This is overpriced :angry:

I'm using Mobil1 Devlac 1 for my i20. price is about 900 bucks IMO

I am pretty sure that MASS dont use fully sythetic engine oil for their car and charging Rs. 1250 per liter. This is day time loot IMO.

Jago grahak Jago :angry:

1250/litre is just too much Maruti ain't cheap anymore. Aftermarket you get mobile devlac 1 easliy for 900 (subject to availablility). This is a dream for service centres ;they buy synthetic oil drums in bulk for 700/litre and sell a 550 bucks/litre profit.

Thats about 1800 for about 3.5 litre in profit alone for 1 multijet engine.

@hitlerinlove I would advice you to not take extended warranty coz in paid service will cost in region of 8k alone.

Pathetic to read that Saurabh. A premium car priced at nearly Rs 9 L thats much talked of and recommended by many to many, should not pose such teething problems. I am sure you are taking up the matter at the appropriate forums for redressal.Also its not digestible that Hyundai is behaving thus.

Wishing you all the best!

You send email to autocar india and also forward your copy to FRG(Manish), CYRUS our forum Moderators .In order to get their email id's Private Message your problem to them. They will surely get in touch with you.Thanks. We are eagerly waiting to hear what Hyundai India has to say regarding your defective Verna. All the Best.

Well do what I have told you . You willl get justice due to technical defects in the car.

I dont know how that happened with your Verna Crdi but Our family's Verna CRDi bought in 2007 didnt give us any problems till date and is an excellent car. Our car has travelled 40,000km. Look what i need to tell you is that for every manufacturer there are 20-30 critics and each and every manufacturer has some unsatisfied cutomers. But that doesnt mean that the cars sold by them are the worst then they would have packed up their businesses. A lot of car problems crops up due to ill- maintenance by owners who blame the particular brand of a car and its manufacturer. This is onething i can assure you because Our family owns 12 cars of the brands namely Maruti Suzuki, Ford, Chevrolet, Mahindra,Honda. and we havent faced any problems with any of the cars of the these brands.And most important thing is yes, i agree with you, Many dealers in India dont pay heed to customer's problems unlike In US or Europe. They should improve their customer care services and pay attention to the particular problem in order to gain trust of the customer in their product and service.You can forward your topic to AAA(ASK AUTOCAR ANYTHING) along with the emails.They will take up the matter with Hyundai India.

nightmare of a car. I have a hyundai verna crdi bought in 2007 april.It has severe alignment and imbalance problems which are faced by all other verna owners i know. my car has had tire changed at 20,000km. Radiator changed at 25,000 km and oil cooler changed 3 times within 35,000 km. I have faced 4 breakdowns. I dont use it on highways now as it is too unreliable, i have spent over rs. lot of money on towing and oil and coolent replacements made due to repairs because of part failures. The dealer doesnt get the failed part for over a month. The car has spent over 4 months in the workshop in this period. I called company customer care over 20 times. Each time i was told some one would call me in 24 hrs but no one ever did. Emails sent to customer care of the company were never responded. This is the worst car and worst manufacturer i have come across.