Juggernaut

Diesel hot-hatch

Remember buying a car is not the end of the story. You need moeny to maintain it as well. By all accounts Skodas are expensive to maintain (if I dare say the costliest in their respective segments) even if one takes all the horror stories about bad or non existent service, and fake parts being installed by the dealerships with a huge pinch of salt.

sgiitk2009-06-09 05:07:15

Thank you all, for your kind & heart-felt comments.  Sorry, I was out of action for the past week due to the bank processes.   Here are some updates of all that happened the past one week.

I have finally booked the Getz CRDi GVS - white from Trident Hyundai, Bangalore.

The bank loan is through.

The dealer is giving, apart from the regular free-bies like mats, carpets etc. also offered to paint the door handles & rear view mirror to white (body coloured) as free.

I'm paying a discounted 4.5k for the front fog lamps as an addition.

Delivery is due anytime next week (the week of 15th ~ 19th).

I promise to post pics of my new car the moment I drive out & get the other modifications done.   I intend to fit a good music system & alloys & better rubber.  And then, I will post some pics.

Thanks once again to all that helped me decide on this fabulous hot-hatch.   I know it might be slightly dated, but hey, for this price-point, this power hatch is a deal.   Trident gave me a good deal,  the on the road price I paid was Rs 5,88,250/-    Add the 4.5 for the fog lamps & it is comes to Rs 5,93,250 all incl.

hello Juggernaut    Getz is good deal but CRDI engine is a minus point.....

why not you wait for Fiat Grand Punto ...... i think as per info Fiat is launching it in DSL engine also....... or if u can wait long then by year end there will be hyundai i20 DSL for you......... but dn't purchase Old swift DSL @ this stage.... competition is going tough & new models are on the cards........
smiley36.gif

nice buy juggernaut , 110 bhp under your belt u sure gonna rule the roads , it was my dream car , i am considering to sell my swift diesel to buy the getz diesel hope i make the bus too

@ lovemycar , yes the launches u are talking about will be good but wouldn't give the same amount of power as the 1.5 diesel CRDI would give . the getz reminds me of my zen with 1.5 diesel engine , though it was harsh but i always enjoyed the power
sarabjeet2009-06-13 14:33:50

@ sarabjeet.smiley20.gif.......   well Hyundai Getz is a Big Deal Car, &

@ Juggernaut  please Make a good level of Bargaining while paying for it......

when i bought i20 magna , i was told by salesman that if i opt Hyundai getz crdi they will provide me 50% on Insurance, Plus Foot Mats, Mudgaurds, Perfume, Car cover & One time Tank full @ no extra price.......smiley1.gif....

it is due to less interest of customers towards getz crdi...... but car is best as per concern areas like space , comfort , FE, & Features. 
smiley32.gifcongratulationssmiley32.gif for ur decision & treat in terms of Reviews & pics is due...smiley2.gif

Thanks all, once again for your comments.   Some quick updates:

Delivery is due for Thursday in the morning (due to auspicious times!)

Car will go straight to Ganesha temple & there after to the car accessory store for fitment of the music system & remote locking.   I have finalised the below configuration

Head-unit

Pioneer FH-P6050UB (11.5k)

Front Component speakers

Pioneer P1702C (6.5k)

Rear 6*9 speakers

Pioneer A953 (5.5k)

Amplifier

JBL644 / Pioneer (6k / 7.5k)

Cabling

Monster cabling (1.5k)

And then on to the alloy wheel expert (Super Tyre Tec) for fitment of

Alloy wheels

Lenso Samurai 15" - 5 piece (26k)

Tyres

Michelin Primacy LC 195/60/R15 (24k)

So, that's pretty much what I intend to add on to this gem of a car for this year at least!!

Of course, I will post some pictures once all this is done, by weekend that is.

@Juggernaut - congrats on the Getz choice - am sure you will have fun driving it. 

When going in for the tire/wheel upsize please first make sure the tire+wheel combo will fit in the wheel well without any problem - otherwise you will be totally frustrated with the spare tire. 

@Juggernaut: So you have really 'pimped' your ride. Excellent. I'd be more interested in the Michelin Primacy LC as ACI had done an article on it, and had given good review's regards road noise and reduced rolling resistance and hence increased FE. Don't forget the pic's as and when the 'pimping's done. Must be a great looker, have already pictured it in my mind's eye. BTW what color is the car?

Thanks all' date=' once again for your comments.   Some quick updates:

Delivery is due for Thursday in the morning (due to auspicious times!)

Car will go straight to Ganesha temple & there after to the car accessory store for fitment of the music system & remote locking.   I have finalised the below configuration

Head-unit Pioneer FH-P6050UB (11.5k)
Front Component speakers Pioneer P1702C (6.5k)
Rear 6*9 speakers Pioneer A953 (5.5k)
Amplifier JBL644 / Pioneer (6k / 7.5k)
Cabling Monster cabling (1.5k)

And then on to the alloy wheel expert (Super Tyre Tec) for fitment of

Alloy wheels Lenso Samurai 15" - 5 piece (26k)
Tyres Michelin Primacy LC 195/60/R15 (24k)

So, that's pretty much what I intend to add on to this gem of a car for this year at least!!

Of course, I will post some pictures once all this is done, by weekend that is.
[/quote']

congrats on your new buy mate, few things which i would want you to clarify is

1. why is this price difference as my city i enquired getz crdi comes to 547000/- flat on road price and not other deals on offer not even mats.

2. why are you choosing primary Lc instead of XM1 which i feel are better as compared to the ones u choose.

I think LC tyres are better they are modern tyres which takes more pain to make than an ordinary tyres and emit lesser noise and has better grip and durability than normal tyres see the review of them in may ACI

@ Vijay:

1. The price difference is always there.   Remember, we're from Bangalore - for some reason, the state government thinks everyone in Bangalore are relatives of Vijay Mallya.   We pay the highest prices for on-the-road car cost (due to crazy road tax) & the highest fuel costs (Rs 46.30 petrol & Rs 35 diesel) in India.

2. I was planning on going for the Michelin XM1 series initially; but then, after some research, decided to go for the Primacy LC tyres.   Apparently, these offer the highest noise cancellation (tyre noise) & the least rolling resistance (as it is made of 100% silica compound; unlike other tyres that have a different percentage compund).   It sure looks good on paper - will wait & see if it actually delivers.

Hello All

I have taken delivery of the Getz CRDi last week.   I have successfully carried out the modifications as specified in my earlier post.

My question is this:  How can I upload picture into this thread?   I do not see an option that says 'upload file' or something on those lines...   Pls advice.

Hi Juggernaut, congrats on the new buy! Please refer announcement section for details to upload pics.

I have one question for you,

I see that your music system is one of the best available right now in market, I did not understand as to why you have put in a expensive amp without adding a sub woofer (for the doof doof effectsmiley15.gif). I think JBL/Pioneer subwoof would work wonders, else i dont see the need for the Amp!

Hi Sharash

Basically, I'm not a big fan of the sub-woofer.   I agree it provides the thump, but, the fact is - the amp I've fit is 4x4 channel one.  2 channels for the components (up front) & 2 for the rear ovals (460W).   This combination of components & ovals (both connected via amp) provides pretty awesome thump.  More than enough for my hatch back.   Maybe, when I buy a bigger & better saloon in the future, I might think of a sub that I can keep in the boot.