Juggernaut

Diesel hot-hatch

superb car........... sometimes getz idea revolves into my mind..... the diff between i2o magna & getz crdi is just 20 K ...... i20 @ 4.80lacs & now Getz CRDI @ 4.99Lacs....

due to less driving i prefer i20 petrol...otherwise getz crdi was my first choice....... really nice car........ & it really looking hot in black & white combination.....

what more i can say is KILLER LOOK BROTHER.......

I THINK U R THE FIRST PERSON ON ACI WHO POSTED HIS PIC ALONG WITH CAR........ WELL DONE

MAY GOD BLESS U
CYRUS432009-06-28 07:56:23

Juggernaut congrats, albeit my fav color for the Getz is Solid Red <well polished>, would have looked hot. Car looks great and spanking new, and the alloys and music system compliment the car well. Wishing you, your family and the car miles of smiles.

Durango Dude:  Thanks a lot, for uploading the pictures for me.  Appreciate it.    Yeah, even I had shortlisted two colour - White & the Red.   But, family thought the red was blood red - so, you know why white.   Thanks for your wishes.

Lovemycar:  Thanks a lot for your wishes.  The i20 is a lovely car - currently my super favorite in the Indian hatch scene (even with the Fabia / Punto / et al).   Just love the design of the car from outside.   And the interiors, don't even get me started.   It truly rocks.  While picking up the Getz CRDi, I happened to get hold of the i20's key stub - Mahn, they're something from cars in the next segment (or maybe two segment up).  Love it.   I did know, the i20 CRDi was around the corner, but, the deal breaker was
1. Pricing, I was sure will cross the 8 lakh mark (my budget was already stretched aaall the way to 7 lakhs - incl. all the modifications)

2. It will not have the 1.5 CRDi engine

Karanraheja:   Thanks a lot.  Yes, the alloys are Lenso Samurai 15".   I had shorlisted the HRS H109 & this one, before I actually went in for these.   The only reason for me choose the Samurais was that, it was the lightest alloys (on this side of OZ, Momos etc).

Sparshq:  Thanks a lot dude.   They took me a good two weeks to shortlist -  I began the whole process even before I booked the car.  Glad you like them.

Dude seriously don't compare a indica to a linda and moreover no fools like autocar india would have given car of the year to lines if it was like indica but go for ritz since swift and get have been for ages and moreover pinto is the best selling hatch in Europe since 2005 so no commenting wrong on fiat say u don't like tata .....it's your wish think over for punto

Congrats juggernaut, car looks great and good looking alloys too, how much did the alloys cost?

The wooden finish on the central console is only for the diesel or it's there on the petrol variant too?, they look much better than the Getz interiors i have seen.

Supercool Getz juggernaut, the alloys and music system looks damn neat but that wooden console doesnt go well actually...BTW how much did the alloys and Head unit costed you??

@Tanmay, the wooden console and beige interiors comes with every variant of getz now but this wooden console isnt of good quality, it has matt finish. The wooden trim of accent looks brilliant as its glossy and gives a classy and elegant look..

Supercool Getz juggernaut' date=' the alloys and music system looks damn neat but that wooden console doesnt go well actually...BTW how much did the alloys and Head unit costed you?? [/quote']

Thanks Bluesapphire.   Yeah, the wooden console has been getting mixed response.   But, I would say, 70% liked it.

And as for the add-ons, here's the break-up of all that was done:

In Car Entertainment

Head-unit

Pioneer FH-P6050UB

Front Component speakers

Pioneer P1702C

Rear 6*9 speakers

Pioneer A953

Amplifier

JBL644

Cabling

Monster cabling

Plank

MDF

Socket & padding

-N/A-

Labour

-N/A-

Getz fog lamps

Philips Xtreme Halogen bulbs

Extra cushion carpets

Steering grip

Roots - Skoda horn

Autocop

Grand Total

Exterior

Alloy wheels

Lenso Samurai 15" - 5 piece

Tyres

Michelin Primacy LC 195/60/R15

Nuts & Air nozzle

Alloy nuts / Silver nozzles

Old wheels buy-back

Grand Total

I am plg to buy a diesel hatchback very soon. My city driving is approx 700 km a month and a trip of approx 1000 km in say three months (highway). My family is four (all adults and need lotsa boot space. My present car is Fiat Uno Diesel (AC). We are looking for an upgrade in space and features. We are Pune based. My wife drives a lot and we need something for easy driving and parking. Fuel efficiency and cost of spares is an important issue. We are presently looking at Ford Fusion Plus Diesel and Fiat Grande Punto Diesel Emotion Pack. Please advice with details. Purchase will be at Pune. Awaiting your early reply

I am plg to buy a diesel hatchback very soon. My city driving is approx 700 km a month and a trip of approx 1000 km in say three months (highway). My family is four (all adults and need lotsa boot space. My present car is Fiat Uno Diesel (AC). We are looking for an upgrade in space and features. We are Pune based. My wife drives a lot and we need something for easy driving and parking. Fuel efficiency and cost of spares is an important issue. We are presently looking at Ford Fusion Plus Diesel and Fiat Grande Punto Diesel Emotion Pack. Please advice with details. Purchase will be at Pune. Awaiting your early reply

The Fusion is good on space but I don't know if there are discount on this car, It is about 2 lacs more that the Punto.

Punto great car but 4 adults in the car will be a tight fit though luggage space is decent.

If you get a good deal on the Fusion you should look at the fusion since space seems to be important to you.

The Tcdi engine is also really good.

The fusion is a good car but it is now dated better to avoid it. If you want more interior space you can look at the i20 diesel also it has best safety features though the price is 90k more than top end punto but it is still a good buy.

Do not make a mistake by going for the Getz crdi. its engine is a bit sluggish at low speeds and the car looks outdated and the interiors are pretty poor. for a premium of 6.5 its better you go for the skoda fabia with solid build quality and a truly astonishing german interiors. don look too much onto the 6.5 maybe a bit more and you will be truly satisfied.

moreover no fools like autocar india would have given car of the year to lines if it was like indica

How did this statement escape from the Eagle Eyes of MODS?

From the tone of your posts, it seems you have something against the forum and the moderators. Mocking people is probably not the right way to get their attention and maybe that is why people don't respond to your posts. Just something to think about. 

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-07-25 16:22:03