CYRUS43

My Honda Dio

Hello Cyrus!

Congratulations on your new Dio. I am sure you will love a lot of this scooter, mostly, the quality feel, refined engine, and tidy handling manners. Yes, it's a bit underpowered, but that's offset by the brilliant fuel economy.

And while i SHOULD NOT SAY THAT, the activa was never ugly, just too conservative. But the new model looks much better.

Totally agreed with you! The Dio looks much better without the stickers. And the smoked lenses look cool. Even I feel that heavy mods should be done after the warranty expires.

Enjoy your Dio.

Regards,

Yogesh

What warranty?? As long as I dont do any major Engine and suspension mods, no void in warranty. Im sure they can void my waranty for removing those ugly stickers!!

congrats cyrus for your buy.

before buying dio, did you consider access, aviator, flyte?

why dio? access and flyte are more powerful with similar price tag.

just asking out of curiosity not to discourage you.

just felt with new motoscoots in market dio and activa are not worth considering.

would love to hear from you.

even access, aviator are also reliable. styling is people's personal choice.

but was that the ONLY factor for which he bought it? didn't he look at any other parameters like performance, efficiency, after sales and service, comfort?

or was it just to show off?

Flyte isnt that good and regarding Access, its not as sporty. No motoscooter in India is as sporty as Dio . Even i was considering Dio when i bought my Activa in 2002 but its all plastic body was a big let down and i was not convinced with that so went with metal bodied activa.

Reasons I dought the Dio:

Sporty Styling

Very light (thus good Power to weight ratio)

Very customisable

Looks lovely with a custom paintjob.

Alot of performance mods can be done,

Thought I like the blue colour in dio yellow looks flashy . Also isn't there going to be a problem in visibility issue of the smoked light .

How did you smoke them tell us ?

That is true the stock lamps are meant and designed for a purpose and they are actually warning lamps so smoking them is not really that cool.

See the intensity of the lamps has gone down..... so if it was suppposed to be visible at 25 feet it will now be no more visible at even 10 feet. So more the chances for some one banging you from the rear.... to each his own now if you like getting that................ smiley5.gif

here is a pic of DZire vdi near demolished lagbaugh flyover. The rear lights are hardly visible as they are smoke and aren't visible from 15m in rain. (owners never use their rear fog lamp they think its only cosmetic)

02072009105.jpg

@ cyrus
What happened to the sticker-free pics?

im currently in nasik. Driving down tomorrow with something I just bought!!

So shall post pictures tomorrow. Also, anijog, the lights are visible from a decent distance away. And as you said, to each his own. Also, this scooter is mainly used as a daily runabout, and a fat bloke riding it is warning enough for someone not to crash into the back!!

: )

Flyte isnt that good and regarding Access' date=' its not as sporty. No motoscooter in India is as sporty as Dio . Even i was considering Dio when i bought my Activa in 2002 but its all plastic body was a big let down and i was not convinced with that so went with metal bodied activa.[/quote']

I had disagree with you for stating access is not sporty.

0-60 kmph in 11.58s(source: bikeindia), top speed of 91kmph doesn't sound sporty to you?

please ride one and see how sporty it is. it is easily flick able in traffic, due to  good acceleration and is very very stable.

basically dio has a 100cc engine, so how is it gonna be any sportier than access? i owned dio, was great looker, agreed, but everything else sucked big time. i am not bring fuel efficiency into equation as i was quite a fast rider. have replaced dio with access and found it be a better upgrade or option. just take a test ride of both scooters back to back, you will know the difference.

Dio has plastic body all over its place, a minor accident and you had be paying minimum 50% of total cost under insurance. though it helps in performance gain. but not by much.

anyways, its your opinion and i respect it. no issues. just wanted to clear it out with you.

Congrats Cyrus, the Dio looks great and color is attractive. But with the monsoon well and truly on you I think you'll have to keep it under wraps for some time, before you get some better weather to put her thru' the paces.

Well, I hated the fact that the thing came in the rain. But i dont have a choice. And just the other day i just left the house at around ten and decided to take her out for a nice ride in the rain. I loved it..It was soo imprompto, and the feeling of getting drenched and cold in the rain was absolutely awesome. CYRUS432009-07-10 19:06:19

Thanks Buddy. Also, I am planning to get a new front faring, and replace the original one. Thereever you see yellow, will mostly be replaced with White. Lets see......

Well, currently, i want to do purely cosmetic mods. Maybe later I shall think of some basic Performance mods. I really want to upgrade the headlight system as of now. The headlight is just too boring and dim for my taste.

hi no offense i think you are completely changing the way the dio looks  i dont know how the fairing is going to be fixed i too have dio and have till now just smoked the light and the stickers have been customised  and thats it no other  works gone into it.......