abhigtr

jazz worth buying hatch or not

mine and my fathers dreams of buying a jazz is shattered in bits when the price we heard and saw was a whooping  7,15,000 rs just for the base version while the top end goes to 7,80,000 rs and are we indians ready to buy this hatch that does not even give a value for money compared to fabia or i20 in terms of features ....even at this price theres no alloys nor auto ac controls nor any other features we get wat irony ...... i hope my dad buys the grande punto  hope that car is just not priced like this one ....if it is then it goes down to ritz zxi.....please comment on this issue

yes..even i inquired about jazz..it is way pricey..

also,i have canceled the booking of i20 due to delay in delivery..i TD the ritz..i didn't like..it is not even near to i20..when compared overall..

Audacity kill's Honda? Jazz starts at 7,18,000(basic), 7,48,000(active) and 7,78,000(mode) ex-showroom Chennai. Is "Taked"agawa 'taking' us for a ride? This make's Skoda Fabia and i20 real VFM. Slogan for Honda Jazz ideally should be: "Buy one if you can". I'm real curious as to how much Honda is able to push each month. Ritz doesn't even figure in the discussion. Come on ACI time to press the refresh button on the Indian hatch's, but also wait for the Punto launch before you do it.

I dont think Jazz will have many takers. Only think going its way are space & interiors. If a buyer is decided to buy only a hatchback with 8 lacs budget and wants space. He might look at Jazz. Upcoming Fiat GP and VW Polo will be better options anyday.

Lets seriously hope this car flops, so that Honda can learn a lesson.

ABSOLUTELY NO...!!!!!

I would strongly recommend you to wait for 17th June when the Fiat Punto would be launched. The Punto 1.4 Fire would have similar power like Jazz and would be available at a much cheaper price.

Well, the Jazz ain't a VFM, but still it has set a benchmark in terms of practicality and space.

But if this price is for a 1.2L i-VTEC, imagine what the price will be for the 1.5L i-VTEC when it comes after a few months.

Seriously waiting for the Polo, it is a rocking car and probably will be the best hatchback ever, only if VW gets the pricing right.

I think in the future, the Jazz may see a rival in the VW                        

Golf when it comes in 2010 as it will be a premium hatchback and in a segment above the Polo.

Golf will retail around 10-13lakhs and is a really very big hatchback a jetta without boot and I think this pricing will be good for golf . If BMW launches 1 series and audi A1 they will be priced around 18lakhs but will be high on quality . Trust me Honda will never launch the 1.5 lt engine as the price of stripped jazz is too high with excise benefit so without it will shoot above city.

Some of the features the dealers so bravefully told me are it has 15'' wheels and really very wide tyres and it has magic seats and marvellous vtec engine . I started to laugh still I was holding myself for a burst . On TD the car battled smooth Fort Mumbai road with ease which any car can do be even in quick lane change it swayed . I liked the space inside but rear seats are too small than even my zen on length . In liked the Ac rotatory switch better than the city also the glovebox with manual and some paper work was full and top glove box is just a show and has a pen holder in it which might be use ful but nothing to boast about . I didn't like any colour of it except white . Amazingly the fog lamps ost 6k in Jazz same types the city has (city costs 26k ).

ya i went with my dad to test drive the car just to see whether its worth it or not and must say the dealer kept saying about the so called magic seats  which most of the cars can do a 60:40 and my goodness too many cup holders this itself  fills half the gaps in the car and the dealer says that the jazz will be a sure hit and asking my dad to book it now so that we can get the car quick.... hmm who ll  buy a car that is not even worth buying i practically look at features and this car doesnt have even 1 good feature the only thing it has is aon board music system with audio controls in sterring colou which most of the hatchbacks have today ....honda  said in papers that  they hope to sell above 2500 cars a month hmm keep dreaming honda...i hope they sell atleast 500 a month and im very much against  them as i was eager to buy jazz now my last choice is punto thats it ..and last thing for 7 54 000 (top end)  we dont get alloys what is honda doing for god sake my hands r down for this car

A big NO!!!!. you go for Lineasmiley17.gif..

ACI is not saying its highly ovepriced for 1.2 liter engine.. they are trying justify the price.. bad part Sudan2009-06-11 06:09:34

Just checked out the Honda jazz site.....

So here are my observations...

Style: Nothing great..features that are available in most of the hatchback available...and One his I couldn't stop laughing at was....3 stop door closing....(Come on...Fiat Palio from the first generation had this feature.) I liked the front two seats though...they look classy and comfortable..... rear seats claims will seat three...but with 60 40 strange looking split..I guess it can only seat 2..the third passanger will be uncomfortable...

Safety: only two front airbags ....I20 has 4 with 2 on sides....... rest features are similar to i20....

Performance..a good engine...that's all the car as.....

Pricing: Hmmmm.....Its Honda guys...it had to be over priced...... the car is practically imported ...with very less localization so don't expect Honda to subsidies the car for Indians.......

Jazz is for the "Uber" rich, I've stolen i20's pick up line to some extent!

I can already see rich businessmen wives/daughters driving around in Jazz!!

I guess the Jazz will sell good for first 3-6months just as the Fabia whose waiting period was somewhat 2 months and now the sales are dry . The dealer said they had confirmed booking on 12 Jazz many are of white and black colour.

Honda seems to be getting arrogant! They want 7.5 lakhs for a hatchback which is just bare bones and with a 1.2 ltr PETROL engine. Come on Honda, you get a Fiat Linea Emotion for 7.67 lakhs OTR in Madras.

features that are available in most of the hatchback available...

.. rest features are similar to i20....

Well you can say that most features available in a Premium hatchback are NOT there!!!!

It does not have ACC, Foglamps, something which even the Nano has, no alloys???

And they charge 8L for an engine and magic seats???

I don't think Jazz even has a fraction of the Features of the i20.

Honda may not get good numbers but will sell a few as long as people want to buy a niche product. It appears as if they have deliberately priced it with a 1.5 to 2.0 lakhs premium. I am not interested in going even for a test ride.    

Well in the autocar show I got a mixed response on Hatch and there may never be a clear winner .. Fabia is said to be best handling and ride comfort and best feel car but a puny petrol spoils it . I20 doesn't don't anything exceptional and is said to be dull again a puny engine in heavy car. Swift best car and still has appeal but poor plastics and old engine. Ritz absolute VFM and good interior finish and quality and best engine out of 4 . There was a small Jazz review but it said buy it for mini MPV appeal and not hatchback .

sorry guys no offence but most of you say that because it is a honda its priced so high ....is honda in power with bmw,merceds benz ,lexus,audi ,vw and porsche  to price their vehichle like this....this jazz  has features equal to a ritz and not much more only thing it has is a feeling like mpv

the quote they gave for ad in newspaper is"why so serious" i bet buying this car will make serious dent in peoples wallet and nothing more and it seems 77% of parts is localised then why the hell is this price to be seen ...hope hnda does something ..or else only rich people owning accords ,benz ,audis will buy this car for their sons and daughters and drivers

most of the cars like i20,ritz have long waiting periods ... this car will be given to us the same day we pay as  they want  to clean up the stock  and i bet in another 4 months honda dealers will give discounts and free reg and insurence for this car at this price people willl look up to a honda city which is just few laks more and give a much more vfm

HANDA made it a point to launch the car at this price & see if some of us gullible but rich Indians lap up this car like the City i-VTEC.

IF the car does manage to sell , then greedy HANDA will jack up the prices even more citing Japanese Yen & Indian rupee fluctuation.

The truth is Thailand is HANDA's new international base for R&D for Entire Asian market. It's not Japan, as HANDA-SIEL claims.

They're doing their Job well & duping us guys.

We also had Jazz in our wishlist - its no longer there! I think there's something wrong with Honda - there is the pricing issue with both city and jazz but also have a look at F1 - ever since Brawn 'bought' the team they're more consistent!

Waiting for VW Polo now.

OK since i am seeing that we all hate jazz so much i am going to put a view of seeing jazz from a slightly different angle.

This is not a competitor to i20 or fabia. What it does is that it provides a big boot in a compact car less than 4 meters. Its for People who are slightly of age say about 50 years or more and have a budget of around 7-8 lakhs. People of these age groups generally dont want to have a sedan because of their size which they feel is cumbersome when compared to the smaller hatchbacks in the country. But then what they get is a car which is not that spacious and has smaller boot which causes them problem while going on their weekend trips.

So here come jazz which has everything that a 7 lakh sedan like Linea, SX4, Fiesta has to offer. Please note it that these 50 year olds dont care about ACC or alloy wheels.

All they see in jazz is a car that is as easy to drive in the bumper to bumper city traffic, carries their luggage with as much ease, having premium feeling, coupled with good service backup and fuel efficient refined engine. The good resale value is just an icing on the top.

Remember you also get 4 years insurance instead of the regular 2 years insurance. That coupled with better fuel efficiency and better resale value of the jazz might just about negate the difference in prices.

Also we will find the real difference when hyundai launches the 1.4 engine. And about the polo i dont feel it will be priced less than jazz bcos polo is a pretty famous car so they will want to encash on the brand value of polo, fabia is a generation old and look at its price, and lastly the TSi motor will account for something.

Lastly ask yourself if features are everything. How many of you would like to buy an SX4 over Fiesta, given that SX4 has more features but fiesta is a better drivers car?

I feel Jazz is more of an alternative to city as it is to i20. It is for those who drive by themselves in the city, but go to those long highway trips, where the boot just doesnt seem to be enough.

What i guess is that it will sell though mildly( bcos of our big car mentallity). I expect around 20000 jazz to be on indian road by june next year.