vineet

Laura 2.0 or 1.9 or Jetta 1.9

Hi Everyone

I am intending to target a Diesel car in this price range. Sighting the fact that i have had a laura before (Elegance Model) & unlike many others; was very happy with it, i am planning to buy a Laura again.

That is where the confusion sets in:-

• should i buy a 2.0 L or should buy 1.9 - 2.0Lt is the fully loaded one & has all goodies but does it affect the otherwise good FE figures for Laura? Will it offer better drive due to high profile tyres or will it loose the class of otherwise a awesome vehicle?
  • If it is to be 1.9 Lt then should one not buy Jetta? - though the same cars but diff bodies, it has the VW brand to its favor

Plz suggest what you all enthu think about the same?

I will not go for Jetta at all. Its a barebone as compared to Laura and in no ways is a VFM. I am also confused between 1.9 or 2.0 but if i were to put my money seeing the Jetta and sitting inside it (my relative has it)i would put my money on Laura for sure. Its a good car with awesome features and is fantastic to drive.

Well L&K only has 2.0lt engine and I think the accessories are in excess to elegance varient . I would go for Jetta comfortline as it feels luxiorious and better build and I love its look.

I think you should leave out the Jetta in this and decide between the 1.9 or 2.0 Laura after taking a test drive. The Jetta looks smaller and from a lower class when compared to the Laura.

I got a chance to take a look at the new Laura at the showroom and was very impressed by the space and build quality. At this price point, I don't think FE should matter to you and I don't think there will be much of a difference between the 1.9 and 2.0. If you are not somebody who is power hungry then you should stick to the 1.9 otherwise my choice would be the 2.0 fully loaded car. Better still I would have bought the 1.8 TSI :)!

Well, Jetta can be ruled out although the Comfortline Variant is superb.

The power difference between the 1.9 and the 2.0 is 35 bhp for the Laura, go for the 2.0, it is a better bet.

Thanks all for the feedback

So according to all 2.0l is a better buy & should leave Jetta out of this.smiley1.gif

Though this is what i also thought, will like to check incase any of you think of any other option too?

The new Laura 2.0 diesel, preferably the L&K variant is the best bang for the buck car.   It has some features that even cars in the next segment does not have.

The new Laura looks great & I'm sure is a much better buy, than a Jetta any day.   VW is simply too over-priced.

And to me, personaly, it looks like a bigger form of the Indigo - seriously, just look at the way the boot & bonnet proportions out to the centre body.   The Indigo's boot & bonnet proportions fit similarly to the center body too.

Oooops!

Sparshq,

I was in no way comapring the Indigo to the Jetta!  All I said was the design element of the way the boot joins the body & the bonnet joins the body is very similar.  Don't we say the C-class mimics the bigger & better S??

I would appreciate if you read the posts clearly before commenting.

Sparsh,

I did'nt mean to offend you, just gave my clarifications (on why I thought so), that's all.    No hard feelings buddy!

At the end of the day, we are all here because of one reason - our love for cars.  ;-)

One curious observation;

On which ever site you check or even on the auto shows everyone is only talking about Laura 1.8TSI no one has bothered to cover/publish a test report for 2.0 L TDI.

The same is also a new/first time on Laura.

I agree the 1.8TSI is a value for money & a paradigm breaker but why such a royal snub for the 2.0 L ??

The 2.0 is essentially an 'UP' for the 1.9. On the other hand the TS is a major replaement for the RS. It is the first modern engine from the VW stable to appear in India.

I guess it is the first Laura in India with a Petrol, that too with TSI technology and that too with 160bhp. And like sgiitk sir puts it, its the Octavia vRS replacement for India.

2.0 TDI has almost as much power as the VW Passat and probably wiegh's a few 100 kgs less and with all that torque it must make a great buy, especially down South which is diesel country, where even "Uber Rich" think diesel's cool. I think it's not publisied as it'll sell anyway, whereas a petrol need's some pushing.