DnDs

After Purchase Queries

hello everyone, i am starting this new topic so that all of us who have bought our new cars can ask the questions regarding the same here. many members are first owner or they are new to the upgrade.so there are going to be alot of questions and queries related to the new cars.

i have an i10 and i want to install sunfilm on the glasses.

1) which brand is the best and its estimated cost?

2) what are the regulations regarding the transparency as per RTO rules?

regards

DnDs

Well you can go for any brands from garware, pentacol, Vkool ,renvol etc

The rule is 50% and 75% transperancy on side windows and front, rear windows respectively. It costs depending on the brand normal one for sides and rear window cost around 5-8k

thank you rssh.

i enquired about the kind of brands available in the market, and the shopkeeper told me that there are three gareware brands he has pricing650,1500 and 3500.

i'm opting for the 650 one and also he'll be providing me with the certificate so that i can take the car anywhere in india without any hasles.

cheers

regards

DnDs

Well ask him about the life time of the tints many may come out loose so its better to go in for a good one don't see money see value in tint thing my cars some tints have developed blurredness after 6 years .That time it costed 1800 (2001)

@rssh- well i didn't ask him about the life time of the tints, will do that the nest time.

@nicesachin- the difference in more expensive tints is that they reflect more sun-rays in terms of percentage.

for eg: the one i bought is 30% reflector the one costing 2500 was 40-50% reflector. So more the cost more will be the reflector percentage.

Also it highly depends on the way these sunfilms are put on. if the job done is good, then the film wont come out soon.

personal suggestion- go for certified tints as they give you peace of mind when you take your car to other states where there are different rules regarding transparency.

regards

DnDs

The main difference between the less expensive one's & the more expensive one's is this:

1. The amount of heat they bounce off of the car when the car is exposed to the Sun.   The more expensive the film, the more UV they block.   So, this essentially translate into:

a. Lesser effort on the A/c

b. Will protect the cabin plastic from over exposure.

For example, all Mercedes, BMWs & Audi's come factory fitted with VKool films.   These nearly block out 75-80% UV / heat waves.   Whereas, a Garware, depending on the cost, will block anywhere between 15-20% heat / UV rays.   VKool for an i10 will cost anywhere between 25 ~ 30k rupees.   My suggestion is to go for 3M's RE70 / RE35 Sun films.   They offer the best balance between blockage & price.

2. Of course, the quality of paper used varies vastly.  The more you pay, the better the quality of the film.    If you notice the Sumo's on the road, they will have half-torn films.   These are usually the 350 - 500 range sun films.

Nice explanation guys ,I never knew vkool was std from factory on these brands .

Sometimes the good heat resistant films cost very high which a hatchback owner cannot afford , thus nowadays their are films with 60% blockage and cost a respectable 8k and it is recommanded . The films are charged premium on the colour too so common colour black and dark blue are cheaper .

guys i am facing a problem with my car (i10);

when i put reverse gear there is some creeking sound. i went to the

dealer and he said press the clutch to the floor and you won't hear the

sound. he also loosened up the clutch, but the problem hasn't been

solved.

act couple of weeks back my father accidently missed  the 4th gear

and went to the reverse gear on the move, but on realising he corrected

himself.could this be the source of problem?

what should i do?

@sudeep- the sound is somewhat similar to what comes when the gear

shift is not smooth n u get a feeling like something is getting in the

way while making the shift, you need to put a liitle effort to push it

in the reverse gear.

PS-whole of this thing is experienced sometimes and not always.

guys i am facing a problem with my car (i10);

when i put reverse gear there is some creeking sound. i went to the dealer and he said press the clutch to the floor and you won't hear the sound. he also loosened up the clutch, but the problem hasn't been solved.

act couple of weeks back my father accidently missed  the 4th gear and went to the reverse gear on the move, but on realising he corrected himself.could this be the source of problem?

what should i do?

I quiet doubt this smiley3.gifhow can reverse gear engage when the car is moving forward it has a safety knob which won't let it engage untill the car is at rest

you are right rssh, the reverse gear didn't literally got engaged,

ofcourse there is was a sound when my dad accidently pressed the gear

knob into reverse gear grid, as i said on realising he corrected

himself.

i hope i am clear with my query here......any comments and suggestions plz?

the problem i think you start the car in neutral ( foot off clutch that is clutch not pressed down).

First press the clutch down completely and then only engage reverse.. Then there shoudnt be problem. The sound comes, when you do the clutch depressing and reverse gear selection together.press the clutch down completly and then select reverse... this sound WILLNOT come.

Also dont worry about your father selecting reverse..it cannot be selcted on the move.. because reverse gear is unsyncromesh and all forward gears are synchromeshed.. unsnchromeshed gears willnot engage unless stationary..

@RKNG-i did as you suggested me to do, but the sound stil comes out (sometimes though).

any idea what could have been wrong, is there a problem with my gear box?

@rssh, i'll paya visit to the dealer tmr, will definately tell him to check th egear knob.

and in case they ask me to change, will it be chargeable or it will be covered under waranty?

@sudeep- the sound is somewhat similar to what comes when the gear

shift is not smooth n u get a feeling like something is getting in the

way while making the shift' date=' you need to put a liitle effort to push it

in the reverse gear.

PS-whole of this thing is experienced sometimes and not always.

[/quote']

Dont worry, I too face this grinding noise if the Reverse Gear of our Old Indigo LS (Non-DiCOR) is not engaged properly. What we do is shift back to Neutral and again engage the Reverse Properly. Then the noise does not come. Similar to your case, we also face this grinding noise only sometimes and not always.

The reason for that noise is The Teeth of the Reverse Gear does not get Engaged Properly.

Follow the below procedure for smooth Reverse Gear Shifting.

1. Allow the car to stand still. (Avoid using brake to make the car standstill since the gear teeths will not engage smoothly with each other if the brake is pressed. If brake depressing cannot be avoided, atleast release the pressure on the brakes to allow the vehicle to move a little which in turn will allow Gear Teeths to Engage Smoothly.)

2. Depress the Clutch fully and wait for 5 Seconds (clutch fully depressed).

3. Slide the Gear Lever all the way to the Right and pull it in "South" Direction but Straight. Dont allow it to move sideways while pulling it in "South" Direction.

Click Here for more information why the grinding noise comes

Read the first point under --From this discussion, you can answer several questions on above link.sudeepd2009-07-13 09:38:04