sumit_ju

Buying new Sedan - Need advice

i am going to buy my very fast car soon. within 6 lac budget i found ford ikon 1.4 tdci as my sedan option. can anyone give me the suggetion which will be the best sedan within this budget? and is there any disadvantage of choosing ford ikon 1.4 tdci?

Fast car or first car ,

IKON is a very good for that budget , one major drawback is the resale value of the car .

u have the below choices ;

> tata indigo

> swift dzire

> logan

> linea base model

> Hyundai accent

> i20 can be considered

> Chevrolet aveo

Best person to answer that question regard's Ford Ikon TDCI is FRG, he's literally lived in and with the car for 2 month's and 20k kms. He say's that it's still has a lot of juice left and suspension has held up quiet well despite the beating it took in the cross country run. What a Test Drive it has turned out to be for the "Wild Bunch" who took it thru' the pace's, testing themselves first and the vehicle next, that too in peak summer.

I currently own a Santro and planning to upgrade to a sedan. I live in Bangalore and daily travel around 36 kms to office and back in peak city traffic. I need a car which is best suited for city (start and stop) traffic. Which is the best car to buy? Diesel or Petrol? My shortlisted cars are SX4, Dzire, Linea, Fiesta and Verna.

Hi Friends,

Currently I have Santo..I am planning to new sedan in the range of 7-8 lacs.in Bangalore ..I have shortlisted Linea petrol & SX4. Read some opinions on this forum earlier...But I need fresh opinion from the team on the suggestions & take quick decision to-day...

Which is the best in 'All in All '...?

S.S.

Hey dude, set aside your priorities.

If you want comfort, NOTHING beats linea.

If you are more of a driving enthusiast check out the SX4 and Fiesta.

Dude, do you want a diesel or petrol?

Do you want hatch or sedan?

If you want a FA$T hatch, go for Grande Punto.

For a fast sedan, Try The DZIRE.

@WINNER48

You are posting the mileage figures of AUTOCARINDIA. If you ask a Linea petrol owner like me, I have never experienced that bad mileage.

My Linea petrol gives 12 kmpl in the city and on highway, max. I have achieved is 16.2 kmpl.

Look at the photo:

dsc00129qli.jpg

I am very happy with my Linea. Not faced any problems what so ever. For more info about Linea, visit Welcome Linea thread.

@nim12esh

this is autocar india forums. i am supposed to write their figures.

BTW, how much do you drive in the city and how much on highway.

BTW(again) I think that your linea is strange. i dont expect such a huge car to give 12 kpl in city.

@ winner48

You definitely need to visit the WELCOME LINEA thread. There are other owners of Linea petrol like coolboy007 and cartoos. They get similar mileage figures.

Just because these are ACI forums, are we restricted o post the reviews of our cars. ACI does test for only about 150 kms or so. I have done 2300 kms on my car. I would trust my review rather than anybody else's.

Infact, I have observed by all the reviews about all C segment petrol sedans, that they give almost similar mileage fugures (except NHC). Linea petrol, SX4, Fiesta petrol and ANHC give similar mileage figures ranging from 10-12 kmpl in city and 14-16 kmpl on highway. It solely depends on driving.

nim12esh2009-06-18 08:23:53

Thanks... Winner on your nice eye-opener on the mileage issue on Linea petrol...

Now my balance is started tilted towards Linea...Next comes the big question..which everybody threatening me on Fiat...

1. Service cost & spares cost

2. Resale Value of Fiat cars in market

3. Service network for Fiat cars

Is there new versions of thought on the above, which definitely make decision..

S.S.

Look sumit i think you are confused about what you want to buy? firstly you need a very fast car.. the term fast is a relative term. To you very fast may be just 150 kmph but to me it would be above 240kph.So it differs according to mindset and perception of an individual.Secondly If you want a very fast car then start saving your money and dont limit yourself to a budget of just Rs 6 Lakhs. Because If you want to speed then you need to pay a price for that amount of speed.First of all you are saying that you want a very fast sedan then you are narrowing your budget to Ford ikon TDCi. Just drive a Ford ikon TDCi and Hyundai Verna CRDi.. You will understand what speed means in truest sense...Look i can tell you that Ford ikon TDCi is a good car no doubt because we own Both the Ford Ikon TDCi, Hyundai Verna CRDi and Swift Dzire DDis ZDi among other 12 cars. Look each car has its own characteristics and the a fast fun loving sedan is Swift DZire DDiS. Yes the Verna CRDi is much faster but it looses its composure especially in highways where strong winds seriously affects its stability.Whereas the Swift Dzire is firmly composed in highways.The Ikon Tdci is a good car to drive around in town but it looses out of steam in highway and is no where close to DZire. The 1389cc 68bhp engine being the culprit. Best is to increase your budget and go for Maruti Swift Dzire VDi. 

service costs used high as compared to other cars in this segment but the TATA-FIAT alliance has definately brought costs down. still there will be a very slight difference.

Resale value of fiat cars used to be very low. but with new world class products it will improve.

Service network is now not a problem because you can find tata dealers in every city and town and they will service your car with ease and pleasure.

overall LINEA is a safe choice.

@ winner48

Do you own Linea kya??? How do you know that service costs are high??

1st service = 3 months / 3000 kms = FREE (NO OIL CHANGE)

2nd service = 12 months / 15000 kms = FREE (CHARGES FOR FLUIDS) (OIL CHANGE IS THERE)

3rd service = 24 months / 30000 kms = FREE (CHARGES FOR FLUIDS) (OIL CHANGE IS THERE)

Now one doesn't need to visit the dealer every 3 months for servicing.

About spares, I am attaching a file.

LINEA HAS THE CHEAPEST SPARE PARTS IN THE C- SEGMENT.

EVEN LOWER THAN MARUTI SX4.

scanuk6.jpg

Also, the spares are easily available at the Fiat dealership.

The inner glasses of both outside rear view mirrors of my linea were stolen a few days back. I went to the dealership and they fixed the new glasses within 10 minutes. I had to pay only Rs 380 for both of them. The price of inner glasses of outside rear view mirror is even cheaper than an Indica.

ALSO, Which city are you from??

nim12esh2009-06-18 09:34:17