sumit_ju

Buying new Sedan - Need advice

When I took Linea petrol for a test drive I found that the pickup in 2nd gear to be very bad. Have others faced similar issues or could it be a problem with the demo car?

It could be a problem with all cars. you know the engine is tuned for better fuel efficiency. this makes it underpowered for a car of its size.

Moreover demo cars are best maintained(dealers want that first impression should be best, thats why they give car better power tuning). so that people buy car. if you find a problem in demo car, you will face twice problem in actual car because it will be less powerful than the demo car.

yeah the linea is definitely underpowered ... so u'l surely feel the lethargic pickup. infact its got the  poorest  power to weight ratio of 72.5 ps/ton amongst the contemporaries . the proposed 1.6 L should do the trick at the cost of FE though.

even i doubt the 1.4l linea returning 12kmpl in ac in city conditions. i hope you do tankful to tankful calculations and just do not go by the digital meter.

Well I don't agree on dealer tuning the car for more power they aren't enginers who can tune the Fi .I also don't agree on maintainance part every dealer is different and every demo car is different.

@ RSSH

if they give you a ramshacled broken car with missing bumpers to test drive. you would NEVER buy the car even if it is best ever.

ALL demo cars are top models.

did you ever notice it? smiley15.gif

@nimesh

please resize your pics before posting the. It becomes very difficult to read the posts otherwise.

@sumit

Since you are from ranchi, I wont recommend Ford. The dealership there is too bad as far as i have heard. Its better to stick with maruti and hyundai, also noting the fact that its your first car. Go for Dzire if you are OK with its looks or else accent. If you are ok with a hatchback go for i20.

@winner the consumers are not dumb heads everyone knows that demo car are top end varients and why would one even drive a no bumpered car . It not in company rules the dealer guy will be punished in this case. Lets stick to the topic.

If the ford dealership isn't great in Ranchi then go for the Dzire.

Well the point is that demo cars are made specially by factories. they cost much more than production cars & they are better than production cars in every way!

Well the point is that demo cars are made specially by factories. they cost much more than production cars & they are better than production cars in every way!

Who said that!! That is just your imagination. It is nothing like that.

Acc. to you, one sells a 1.3 l engine car but the test drive car is a 1.6 l engine one just to impress the person. How can you even think so?? So....childish..!!

Well to be really very frank when I test frove the linea at Wasan motor churchgate the diesel varient the aircon vent was broken . The guy didn't have the petrol for test drive but a new owner of dynamic varient heard me ask the dealer the question (he was taking delivery that day 16/5/09) he told me that I could try his new car for a couple of km (very sweet of him) I didnot rev the engine much and the quality felt the same .

Guys I think the thread opener had only one post so I think CYRUS you must close the thread as we don';t know what the person is looking for.

And it is not necessarily the top variant. When we went to the ford dealership for a look at fiesta, we test drove in Fiesta Zxi top model being the SXi. So top model is not compulsory

Hi Guys,

After shortlisting Linea (Emotion) & SX4 -ZXi , yester day I had TD of NHC - SMT ..Driving is real pleasure & awesome look...!!

Now one more added in my shortlist....

Is it worth to pay additional 1.5 L for NHC , if we compare the prices of the above Linea & SX4? Ofcourse , I see only two advantages -- Honda brand & re-sale value compared to the above two...correct..?

Any expert opinions? any fresh economics study available ,if we retain for next 5 years of all these cars - Linea, SX4 & NHC interms of re-sale value & milegae?

SS

@ sanmanian

If you don't mind paying 1.5 lakhs extra and also if you don't care about certain equipment like fog lamps, auto climate control , alloy wheels , cd palyer which are not there in ANHC and a bit poor interior quality compared to rivals, then you should go forward and purchase one. Mind you the mileage of ANHC is similar to others like SX4 , Linea petrol and Fiesta petrol.

Honda changes its cars every 5 years. So it will stick around for next 5 years.. I dont think its worth the extra 1.5 lakh. SX4 and Linea are great choices.

Linea is a SPACIOUS and SLOW car

SX4 is a FAST and (slightly) SMALLER car.

May you decide the best one.

smiley10.gif

@ sanmanian

Mind you the mileage of ANHC is similar to others like SX4 ' date=' Linea petrol and Fiesta petrol.
[/quote']

you must be kidding then ! sx4/fiesta/linea petrol all of them deliver close to 9.5 km/l ( ac conditions in delhi traffic) whereas the ANHC mangaes 10.5 km/l in the same conditions.

when it comes to petrol engines ... hondas and toyotas are the best. they know how to tap the max from the engine. even though its got the biggest engine (118 bhp) , its the most frugal amongst the lot because of the brilliant iVTEC . ofcourse being the lightest amongst the lot helps too !

yes it is ridicously overpriced with a lot of essential equipment missing. but then if u love driving and performance nothing comes close to ANHC. take a TD for yourself and decide. the linea is the most VFM amongst the lot but the least fun to drive. the 1.4L does not do the job in this heavy 1.24 ton car.

@ sanmanian

Mind you the mileage of ANHC is similar to others like SX4 ' date=' Linea petrol and Fiesta petrol.

[/quote']

you must be kidding then ! sx4/fiesta/linea petrol all of them deliver close to 9.5 km/l ( ac conditions in delhi traffic) whereas the ANHC mangaes 10.5 km/l in the same conditions.

when it comes to petrol engines ... hondas and toyotas are the best. they know how to tap the max from the engine. even though its got the biggest engine (118 bhp) , its the most frugal amongst the lot because of the brilliant iVTEC . ofcourse being the lightest amongst the lot helps too !

yes it is ridicously overpriced with a lot of essential equipment missing. but then if u love driving and performance nothing comes close to ANHC. take a TD for yourself and decide. the linea is the most VFM amongst the lot but the least fun to drive. the 1.4L does not do the job in this heavy 1.24 ton car.

Do you own all the four cars?? How did you say that Linea delivers 9.5 kmpl in city when I myself achieve 12 kmpl in city driving (tankful method). Don't just blindly trust the auto mags. Infact ACI has not done any FE test of ANHC. In their test, they published estimated mileage. If you own ANHC, you get 10.5 kmpl so what, I own Linea petrol and get 12 kmpl. You need to drive a 1000 km old Linea petrol and then you will know what real fun is. I don't think you own any of the above cars...

Also, don't tell me about the mileage of ANHC  because I own that also. But I don't mention it in my signature because I regret buying it.

nim12esh2009-06-19 13:16:43

@ sanmanian

[/quote']

Do you own all the four cars?? How did you say that Linea delivers 9.5 kmpl in city when I myself achieve 12 kmpl in city driving (tankful method). Don't just blindly trust the auto mags. Infact ACI has not done any FE test of ANHC. In their test, they published estimated mileage. If you own ANHC, you get 10.5 kmpl so what, I own Linea petrol and get 12 kmpl. You need to drive a 1000 km old Linea petrol and then you will know what real fun is. I don't think you own any of the above cars...

Also, don't tell me about the mileage of ANHC  because I own that also. But I don't mention it in my signature because I regret buying it.

did i say i own all the 4 cars ? and is it necessary to own a thing to have knowledge about that? if u have some knowledge about a boeing 747 ... is it necessary to own a plane to have some knowledge on that ? talk some sense atleast .... some !

my take one by one ...

i own a sx4 , my dad has a fiesta , two of my cousins have bought an ANHC this year and a friend of mine has got a linea.

i've spoken to a lot of linea owners and have read a lot of stuff about the same. as per it , it delivers b/w 9-10 km/l (ac in city). and u are the only one whos reported 12kmpl .

even the smaller 1.2l palio barely manages 10 kmpl . so dont fool around bragging that 12kmpl ! to nerds that figure may seem real but count me out !

and the biggest joke ! you own an ANHC and u regret it ! going by your signature you can only buy crap from fiat clan ! you can only dream about a honda but cant buy it . hope fiat doesnt say bye-bye to india and you guys languish behind ! my sympathies to you ...

@ vicky99

Seems HONDA will have to save their *** after Jazz, punto is already being booked by many people and is already a success with that killer pricing. Fiat leaving India is already a distant dream for fiat bashers now.

Why you dont have any Honda when you love it so much, you also cant afford?

To reaffirm the belief that LINEA easily delivers around 12 km/l in city traffic, here is the proof and with AVG SPEED so people cant say its a highway mileage.

See for yourself people, this is MY car and not my cousins or brothers or relatives, am not postin anything without proof. Am yet see a LINEAS MID showing 7-9 km/l in any forum in any post.

picturelinea003.jpg[/img]

picturelinea004.jpg[/img]

Tell your friend (who gets less than 10 FE) to learn driving and use proper gears.

@nimesh

my dad has the fuel efficient diesel fiesta ? any problem in that ? he commutes for 80+ kms everyday from home to factory . and i have the sx4 which i bought 2+ years ago . the ANHC wasnt launched then otherwise i would have picked up that in favour of the sx4.

re the mileage , dont be fooled by the MID. have a mind of your own and do manual calculations. i've seen on youtube one guy posting 23.4 kmpl on his ANHC.

and yes my dad's fiesta easily delivers 15-17 kmpl in city with ac. much more than your fiats !

rattly sx4 ? dont even think about racing your linea with an sx4. its gonna beat you hollow. your linea is better off racing with the 1.1L santro . Dont believe me ? the santro's is quicker 0-60 and 0-100 than your linea.

and just because your crap metal is parked with an ANHC , you own one ?

if my car is parked next to a bimmer ... it doesnt mean i own one. you can only buy fiat crap.

@coolboy

dont count your chicken before they are hatched. remember there were talks linea selling 2000+ units. wait for the year end. the hype surrounding the linea has died down. guess you know that fiat figures are on a downward slope . i can assure you fiat will find difficult to sell 500 lineas monthly from start of 2010.

@ nimesh :

2 years back the ANHC was not available. i thought u atleast knew that. the 77 bhp wasnt to my taste , the most powerful car available in that price range was the sx4 , hence i picked up. read the post carefully dumbsack !

linea's dust ... haha ... you are either very ignorant or a moron.

i'l tell the timings since u dont know them .

0-60     0-100         20-80

linea                   6.21     15.14         14.04

santro                 5.55     14.66        13.19

the 1.1L humble santro pips your so called "sedan". forget racings the sx4 and the ANHCs , you watch out for the small speeding santros in your mirrors.

and give way to them else you gonna bite their dust !

if you dont believe the above figs , shell out a 100 bucks n pick up the latest ACI mag.

what a pity that a 7.5 L car is outrun by a decade old 3L hatchback.

and u freaks still say : no the linea is not underpowered ! accept it !

and FYI this is not europe where fiat thinks that it can build the same base.

the GP was the best hatchback seller 2 years back in europe but can the same happen in india ?

ofcourse no ! u wait and watch .

FYI , the fiesta has a mileage indicator. dont just post anything for the sake of it .

@vicky99, coolboy007, nim12esh

Stop all these personal comments unless you wish for some special attention from the mods. Havent we had enough of the linea versus others debate.

I have mentioned all this before but feel the need to say it again.

1. All the sedans give about the same mileage, especially in city, no matter what the magazine says. Difference is at max of 0.5-1.0 kmpl.

2. Its true fiesta provides awesome mileage, and given its extremely powerful engine(68 BHP) and extremely low maintenance costs!

3.SX4 is built and designed by suzuki. It just allows fiat to sell it too in exchane of the engines. Same way as A-star is sold with nissan badge.

4. Its your personal choice which car yoou own. Try how hard you may you will never be able to make a person say that his car is bad.

a) You want powerful car good fuel efficiency, though it may be 1.5 lakh costlier you have ANHC

B) You want the quality interiors and beautiful exteriors and have faith in fiat you buy the LINEA.

c) You want a car whose service is not a problem at all, reliable, powerful, great gc but are ok with average interiors you hav the SX4.

d) You want a car thats ultimate pleasure to drive, but slightly less on space, and slightly high on maintenance though company claims to be cutting costs now, you have the FIESTA PETROL.

Among diesel this is my review.

a) Again you have faith in the fiat brand, and content with less power you have the LINEA DIESEL.

B) You dont require much power, and are ok with slightly less space, but you want a tested product that has airbags, you have FIESTA DIESEL.

c) You love power, low maintenance costs, and you dont much care about lack of airbags you have VERNA DIESEL.

So each car has its positives and negatives. You have to decide which fits you the best and buy cos all the above cars in my opinion are good. Its futile arguing that your car is the best like small kids.

This is my verdict.

For me the only reason to buy fiesta diesel over verna diesel is airbags. If you are buying a model that doesnt have one you are wasting your miney by buying fiesta diesel.

In petrol the best car is sx4. Perfect combination of price, power, features etc. Yes quality is nothing to write home about, but is interior quality the thing you care most about cars. Also many claim the rattling but its not that big an issue according to me.

But hey these are my views and you are free to disagree with them but please dont come crying that you have a better car. So please stop debating on the useless topic