sumit_ju

Buying new Sedan - Need advice

Don't buy the Ikon as it is has been around since 2001 and may be phased out in a couple of years. Besides, to my knowledge Ford is nowadays selling only the 1.3 Litre Flair petrol model. The diesel engine becomes quite noisy once it gets old. If you want to buy a diesel sedan go for the 1.3 Litre Multijet engine developed by Fiat, which does duty in the Swift Dzire and the Fiat Linea. But both cars may exceed your budget of Rs. 6 lakhs. If a hatchback would do, buy Swift Diesel or Fiat Grande Punto Diesel.

@ sparshq

I am a big fan of fiat. I think that the linea is one of the most spacious cars in its segment. But whatever the case is, it is an unexciting and rather boring car. Linea would my recommendation to anyone above 55 yrs but it is not a youth or performance car.

BTW my next car is going to be a Punto, so how can i dislike linea?????

@sparshq:

you post your replies and let me post mine.

lets not cross each other's way ... if u understand what m trying to hit at.

there is no bashing ... its all truth which i've posted along with some figures and facts.

m here to voice my opinion and not to please any members.

@ sparshq But whatever the case is' date=' it is an unexciting and rather boring car. Linea would my recommendation to anyone above 55 yrs but it is not a youth or performance car.

?[/quote']

You can say the above statement only based on the low engine output, the looks of the car and gizmos and features present are not for 55 year olds.

for eg Youth need gizmos like ipod etc and not just a 300 rs cheap mp3 player from roadside. I hope you get what am trying to tell you.

There are tons of features with a butter smooth car and 2 L less than ANHC am happy i chose it. Cant pay 2 L more for just 118 bhp and a much lighter car (150 kgs than Linea) with no features. Some may like outright power, they should get Fiesta 1.6 which is also a good car.

I and am my dad 48 both enjoy driving the car, intitial pickup is slow i agree but after 3rd gear car is on its own.

I am happy that fiat didnt compromise on the build quality and used thin metal sheets to reduce body weight and increase acceleration.

The weight of the door itself shows the build quality and am happy that am travelling in a safer car.

The santro timings that someone posted am not sure as havent seen any santro cruising at 150 km/h which i do. Also Linea was bought as a family car and not a racing car.

Same thing in Punto is there, people miss the outright accl of swift D because swift is way lighter than Punto as it weighs 1190 kgs.

Winner48 & Vicky

You need a breather mates.  Every person has a different set of preferences. You guys like AHNC nothing bad in it. There is definatly more power in AHNC as compared to Linea. However if you talk about features AHNC is way behind Linea. Not only AHNC no other car in this segment is even near to Linea. 

There are many factors that makes a car complete. Engine peformance, Handeling, Suspension, Features, safety,  etc etc.

Poor you guys only lingering along the engine performance of AHNC.

People like you who are bashing Linea should better wait untill Jan next year. You will get an eyeopener in the form of 1.6 MJT. with the torque arround 130bhp. 1.6 fire may also launch soon.

@ Coolboy007
In the "welcome linea" forum' date=' you have admitted that you ARE a Fiat dealer.
So i am not going to listen to anything you say because you may be biased.[/quote']

LOL  Coolboy a Fiat dealer ?

Just bought a Linea from coolboy and got AHNC free in an offer. smiley36.gif

@ Coolboy007

In the "welcome linea" forum' date=' you have admitted that you ARE a Fiat dealer.

So i am not going to listen to anything you say because you may be biased.[/quote']

Dude, have people gone crazy in this forum. Everyone is becoming dumber here.

Dont listen to me, am not posting here for you so that you should be pleased with my posts.

PLEASE, dont just read last post of any thread, if you love ACI just browse through a few pages back to check what is going on instead of jumping on every member.

Dude i am an owner of a fiat linea and that dealer comment was sarcastic to someone asking me if am a dealer as i have so much info on Linea.

Man, tons of posts on my Linea, so many pics, my himachal trip and i become a dealer smiley36.gif I spend 7.5L from my pocket to buy a car understand.

You keep on praising ANHC without even owning one, should i sense something suspicious here too?

Sachin,

Man you have not yet paid full money. Hahahaha, am a fiat dealer LOL

smiley36.gifcoolboy0072009-06-22 16:35:48

@ coolboy007

I thought you were serious about the dealer thing.

Anyways i think that the new Honda City and the Dzire are the "WORST" cars on indian roads.

BTW i am an SX4 and FIESTA addict.

There is an 'Auto Trader' group. Those in the business and trying to plug their wares (within limits) should stick to that for their trade talk. Also, it is not a abd idea for those in the 'Trade' to put in in their Signature.

@ Winner48,

All right, no hard feeling but a request to you to browse a few posts back and npt just read last post as that can get things wrong.

Sx4 i dont like but Fiesta is a yummy and a pure driver's car.

@ every one...!!!

Nice to see everyone is contributing their views and giving their opinions..thanks to everybody...

The final countdown....

After long search/ re-search in last 3 weeks ...Some body rightly mentioned each one of the car has lot of positives & lot of negatives ..but my winner is NHC ....the awesome look/driving pleasure/Honda's reliability made the difference here....I have decided to go for NHC. 

Finally, any news on the coming budget? Is it right time to buy new car or wait till budget? Any news on the auto forum about the budget?

Wait if you are buying a car thats more than 1500 cc. i.e Fiesta(p), Verna(P&D), SX4. If you are buying Linea or City(1497 cc) you can buy them now only as they are below 1500 cc. Government had imposed 15000 rs excise duty on cars above 1500 cc and 20000 rs for cars above 2000 cc, which it is supposedly going to remove

Wait for budget if not buying a city . I agree with the above reason but my concern is today in TOI is said petrol and diesel price will be up by 2 and 1 rupee resp.

You should be thankful that we still do not have a free pricing mechanism in operation (God knows why not?).

Unless there is a proper pricing the first casualty are the non sarkari producers/ marketers. They are forced to go offline. I think the consensus is that their fuels tend to be better.sgiitk2009-06-24 04:36:39

Anyways i think that the new Honda City and the Dzire are the "WORST" cars on indian roads.

so winner what makes you contemplate the ANHC the worst car ?

yeah its overpriced with a lot of equipment missing . i hope thats not your paramter on judging a car.

hope you throw some light on this.

You should be thankful that we still do not have?a free pricing mechanism in operation (God knows why not?).

Unless there is a proper pricing the first casualty are the non sarkari producers/ marketers. They are forced to go offline. I think the consensus is that their fuels tend to be better.

Well sgiitk, there is an information in which you may be interested. Government has said that the next time fuel goes above 120$ mark, they will introduce free pricing tentatively. My dad works in indian oil he said so.

if you need sedan in 6 lacs budget.......... then why not consider about Fiat Linea.... i dnt knw its cost @ your location..but @ chandigarh its price is 6.12 base model................

a car Fits to add up into life style.....

Ford ikon is old & cheap looking car now..... budget can be increased once but if u do wrong selection it will Pinch you everytime u come on road to drive......

as said by other members , i also suggest u to wait till budget........

@ vicky99

1 Overpriced

2 Not enough equipment

3 Dont like its styling(i dont, other ppl love it. why?)

4 I dont like Japanese brands( i dont know why)winner482009-06-27 10:09:06

@ vicky99

1 Overpriced

2 Not enough equipment

3 Dont like its styling(i dont' date=' other ppl love it. why?)

4 I dont like Japanese brands( i dont know why)[/quote']

I agree with point 1 and 2. Barring a good engine and Honda name theres nothing that is special for 9 L+ price tag.

Things i dont like in ANHC

1. Very overpriced at 9.5 lacs

2. No features at all

3. No cd player, no alloys or even fog lamps which are there in even 4-5 L cars.

4. Average build quality (i mean sheet metal used)

5. Expensive spare parts.

6. Hate rear looks (personal) but like the front.

7. Handling isnt better than a Linea or fiesta

8. Small tyres 175/65- again cost saving?

Its a great car but nothong worth 9 L

Made some calculations and found that diesel will work well for me. Now I am planning to buy a Linea MJD E+ and need some questions answered. I took a TD and found some issues:

1. ACC didnt work well and was not cooling at all though it was set to 16C. Is there some setting that was not set correctly causing this issue or is there a problem with the ACC? How well is the ACC working at temperatures like 38C? Is it cooling fast?

2. I found that after locking all the doors on the driver door (using central locking) passengers were able to open their doors. Sales person said it is like this only in Linea. Is this correct?

3. With 3 persons I was hitting very road hump Sales person said not to worry as beams have been provided that will protect engine and other parts. Is this true?

4. I found the plastics to be loose and dangling in the demo car. I was told newer cars have better plastics. Is this correct?

5. I had read about rattling noises in many forums. Is this also fixed in newer cars?