I am looking for a good hatchback in the range of 4-4.5 lacs (ex showroom). Currently i am thinking of i10 or ritz. To reach on decision i need help from you all.

According to me:

+ves for Ritz are:

1. Better Fuel Efficiency

2. Maruti Tag.

3. New Car (it is both a +ve as well as -ve)

4. Good leg room

+ves for i10 are:

1. Better look compared to Ritz

2. Nice interiors

3. Some what proven car

I am interested in Ritz Vxi or i10 Sportz 1.2. On road cost is nearly same for both of the cars. Obviously maintenance and mileage are important feature which divert me towards Ritz but i10 looks and number of sales attract me too. Can anyone tell me other +ves and -ves of these cars to help me in finalizing between these two?

Ritz is more spacious than i10 and it has a more powerful engine and milege than i10 . It is a segment above though i10 scores over interior quality but Ritz has the best interiors in a marutti till date .

Hi SparshG,

Can you please give the facts why you think i10 is better... Nothing to offend you but i want to do full research before going for my first car.

it depends on ur driving .......if more than 1500Kms/month then opt ritz DSL...... other wise personally i recommend u i10 kappa sports manual edition

i dnt like the shape of this RITZ car........ while launching it was shown much lengthy in advertisement but when i go to showroom for test drive it really disappoint mesmiley19.gif ..... what a cramped shapesmiley29.gif.... its back is like the REVA ,,  EVEN ZEN Estilois much better in design / shape than ritz........

no doubt as u told its good in FE, or brand Value or new car....

but what will be the benifit of this to u my friend.... take a test drive of i10 kappa sports version u will feel the difference..... FE is SAME in both i10 & ritz petrol variant about maximum 16 to 17 kmpl.....

leg space in i10 is efficent for 6 feet tall person...

Can accomodate 5 person easily..

features are also good ....

so don't take decision on brand name or new car....... take test drive feel difference & then purchase what u like

Ritz is a new car, but is already selling more than Swift, so you need not worry about it not being proven. Also Ritz is larger in dimension than i10, no doubt.

Buy i10 to feast your eyes only. In anything else Ritz is either above or atleast on par with i10

hi chawla!

some time back i had similar dilema over this very question.but eventually i bought hyundai i10.

Space wise: ritz has more,but its mainly because of its head room(tall

boy).though i10 has sufficient head room but it cannot be called a car

with tall boy design.

efficiency: both cars have somewhat similar fuel consumption, so don't

bother much over it. and specially if you are driving mainly in city,

expect almost similar mielage from cars across different segments.i am

getting around 14.5kmpl with AC.

comfort: i haven't driven ritzm but i10 has got very comfortable seats,

but for a long drives  its not that great....i guess ritz scores

more here....stilll can't comment as i haven't driven it.

build quality: forget about i10 or ritz....hyundai always scores more

than maruti here....rather maruti has always been lacking in this

area....this was one of the reason why i went for i10 over the other

cars that i considered.

quality of plastics: this is the one of te USP of i10, it has got the

best interiors in the segment though ritz i claimed to have the best

interiors what maruti has offered so far, but still it can't beat i10

here.

Features:they are somewhat same, so you just check and compare which one appeals you more.

happy shoping

reagrds

DnDs

Go for i10 because it is a better all round performer than Ritz.

It has a more peppy and driveable engine and despite being less on power, it is a better performer than Ritz.

It has better interior quality as well, and space is almost at an equal. Ritz has better rear headroom and i10's front seat comfort is fantastic.

i10 even looks better than the ugly duckling Ritz and it has better boot space too.

It may be a li'l pricey, but for what you get, it's worth it.

Hi All,

Thanks all of you for your replies.

I am getting to know from my friends that Maruti has very good after sales service network and they score a lot above Hyundai, Is it true? If it is true, how much it makes difference in long period? Is the maintenance cost of Hyundai cars similar to Maruti Cars? I may sound dumb here but as i am going to purchase my first car so i don't have experience of it.

Maruti has a very good after sales and service and may be better than Hyundai but not LOT ABOVE hyundai, hyundai also have pretty good A.S.S....And also the maintenance cost of hyundai is not that expensive but yes as the parts used in it are definately of good quality than MS so some parts might be expensive, and in long run believe me even you will not go to authorized dealer, you will be prefering to go to some good local garage so it doesnt affects much...

I would prefer i10 over Ritz, just test drive both and see which one satisfies your need and go for that..

Hi chawla!

reagrding your questions of Hyndai's A.S.S., as of now there are more

than 3-4 dealerships in major cities of hyundai and atleast 2

dealerships in come of the small cities across india....as far as your

city is concerned, there are around 4-5 i guess.

but having said that, maruti is a market leader in terms of services as

they have widest of the networks. But still i will say that you don't

refrain yourself from buying hyundai because of after sales services.

They offer  pretty good services.

regarding pricing of spares, bluesapphire has made an absolutely right

comment here. Maruti's quality has been of concerned from the very

begining, even in there most expensive car, GRAND VITARA, people

complain of Rattling, whereas 6 years onld santro wont give such rattle

as a swift does after 2-3 years. So what you will be paying is

definately going to pay you of with peace from rattling and build

quality.

Regards

DnDs 

Not just because the Ritz is somewhat more tallboy than the i10, but it lacks the design confidence in the i10 and looks quite plain-jane in comparison. The i10's slender front seats liberate more rear knee room, and though it does not have the high seating position of the Ritz (or Santro for that matter) it feels more comfy. It feels more refined too, and the interiors are in a league of their own. So i think the i10 Kappa is the better choice.

Well, what you have heard is true, Chawlaji. Maruti Suzuki has the best service network in the country, but we must not forget that hyundai too has scored very well on account of consumer satisfaction. And then, quality is one thing to be considered. Go for the i10 Kappa, it's brilliant.

ritz really looks ugly from some angles ....i10 does look more modern more decent looks ...again ritz got a severe flaw ...that is ....boot only 178l ....how funny for a family car ..in comparision to i10's 225 l ..although both can be equally fuel efficient ...after sale service ..both hyundai and maruti rock ...

so go for ritz if u want maruti only ...otherwise i10 a still the best hatch ....a complete family hatch ...

i think boot-space is an over-hyped issue....let me ask how many times a person use's the boot of the car....i use my car's boot only once or twice out of ten times...i10 kappa is having fuel efficiency problems...for details see threads on teambhp.com !!!

i10 kappa all the way. matches ritz in almost all department(fuel efficiency, a.s.s, spare parts availability, peace of mind), exceeding in bootspace, interiors, exteriors, performance(a little), proven reliability.

ritz has its own advantage and so does i10. take a test drive and decide on your own. you have to live with it, won't come to know which one unless you drive both of them back to back.

at my place, service of hyundai is better than maruti. varies from dealer to dealer.