Bangalorean

BEST Car for about 4 Lakhs

My neighbour in hyderabad owns an optra. We used to discuss a lot about cars. He never faced any problem as far as chevy's A.S.S is concerned. Infact, he was so happy with the chevy product that recently he bought a spark to use as a city run about.

This is the experience of just one among lakhs of chevy owners in India. Its just an example. I would not ask you to purely go by my words neither would i ask you to hold back.

Spark is a good city car is the bottom line.... and I personally feel its a better buy compared to the santro.

The dealer offered me i10 megna 1.2 at 4L on road after discount, further i brought him down , also askd him to arrange without immobiliser keys as i hav plan to hav autocop, so my on road cost is somewhere 3.96 L on road. M based at gurgaon.

Hey Guys,

Finally BOOKED A SPART LT. The big debate over Santro or Spark is over for me. I actually test drove both cars today and finally booked Spark. It will cost me 3.98 lacs otr Bangalore.

I saw the revamped Santro which had just arrived today at Advaith Hyundai. As earlier thought there are no changes on the exteriors, just that they've included the spoilers as standard on GLS model. There is no more the chrome grill.. its body coloured grill now. Its a two tone interior on the new model. Its dark brown and kind of beige in colour. The AC vents have been redesigned. These are the changes in the new model. All the specs remain same.

After driving both cars I really felt Spark was better in ride quality, noise level, comfort and handling. The ride in Spark was really smooth and the gas filled shock absorbers really helped on Bangalore's roads.. Interestingly they've come up with a new colour - Blazing red - from this month and they're offering the metallic version of this colour at the price of Non-metallic series which is about Rs.6000 lesser. I seriously think Santro needs a major facelift at least on the interiors.

So the decision was finally made today - Spark LT - Blazing Red ! What do you guys think?????

I would also like to add that all new Spark models come with beige interiors... The on road price for LT model was 4.58 lacs and after negotiation we got it at 3.98 lacs.

The upgraded version of Santro is likely to be expensive by about 10k.. So a GLS model would cost you 4.21 lacs otr Bangalore.

Congrats banglorean, fantastic choice made. I think even you felt the difference between 2cars which i had made out in my previous posts. And LT is good choice buddy that too with blazing red. This car looks good in bright colors, i also have Mint green colour. 3.98lac is good price for LT.

After sometime do add alloys, the cutee will look good.

And its good that hyundai have not done anything to santro's exteriors, to me it looks good in its current avatar. And brown n beige interior might be like i20 which looks good. Am waiting to see the facelifted santro.

Thnx Buddy.... Although the colour of the interiors have been changed in the new Santro, I still think it needs a major facelift in terms of design of interiors rather than just cosmetic changes.

And yes I need to go for the Alloys soon. Any idea on the ICE?? Which one should I go for? My budget is very low for this.... around 10k... Pls help as you own a Spark too... :)

Hello all,

I bought an i10 about an year back.it was giving reasonable mileage for the first few months.but now it is giving only 8km/ltr. I got it checked by them,and they claim it is giving 16 kms/ltr in their test drive condition.I also have a civic and it gives more mileage than this.I am now wondering how to proceed further,how to contact seniour personnel in Hyundai.The service guys here have the audacity to tell me that it is my driving!Before buying this car,i was using a santro for many years.Does anyone else have mileage problem in i10?

Ya.. both are stingy in giving discounts.. i think advaith is still worse.. they dont offer anything at all.. i was offered 4.30 lakhs for i 10 era and i 10 kappa magna @ 4.60 lakhs with some freebies.. is it worth or there is more scope...

Ya.. both are stingy in giving discounts.. i think advaith is still worse.. they dont offer anything at all.. i was offered 4.30 lakhs for i 10 era and i 10 kappa magna @ 4.60 lakhs with some freebies.. is it worth or there is more scope...

Right now, there are the following discounts on i10 magna kappa-

1. free insurance

2. 4000 corporate discount

3. (free kenwood HU + front speakers ) or cash discount of 5000.

4. basic freebies

Right now' date=' there are the following discounts on i10 magna kappa-
1. free insurance
2. 4000 corporate discount
3. (free kenwood HU + front speakers ) or cash discount of 5000.
4. basic freebies[/quote']

How much does this comes near