DELBIN VJ

mahindra 500d jeep

I have 500d jeep.It is still used. It has no complaint. I am using it daily to go to my farming land.At that time it is running in 4 wheel drive condition.It is good to use muddy areas,high hilly areas,rocky road etc.in 4WD condition the speed is very low,but have high power which is able to climb any hilly area with normal load.The brake system is big drum type.

The Mahindra CJ 500D is a no frills, workhorse. It needs very, very little maintenance but can toil all day long, with the least teething troubles. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The battery is required to power the self, lights and horn only. The engine runs by itself and so also the mechanical fuel pump without any battery power.The newer 540DP engine on the contrary, has a rotary fuel pump, which is electrically operated.

In remote areas when batteries used to conk off, I got the CJ 500D push started and it ran just like that without a battery, for prolonged spells till a replacemnet battery was found.

The engine is lifted from the International Tractors that Mahindra collaborated with and is named as the MD2350 diesel and is a 1970

I was going through threads and noticed this post. I am hapy to find a post on mahindra jeep though an old one from 2009. I am of opinion that you all have keen interest in jeep. I request you to post your experiences over modification of mahindra indirect injection engine posted in latest threads or hot topics if you are still active on website. Thanks