amiti

Hyundai i20 OR i10 Auto

Dear All,

After waiting for couple of months and doing R&D on various cars, i have come down to Hyundai and that too for following cars,

1. Hyundai i10 Automatic (Asta/Option) with sunroof -- price --608000 OTR

2. Hyundai i20   1.2          (Asta/option) with sunroof  -- price --678000 OTR

(All prices One The Road Pune)

I found i10 auto little cramped and not rich in features when compared to i20, however the auto was good with very less vibrations and good for city.

In i20 I got all goodies extra with less powerful and manual engine, though a very good car to drive. However with less ground clearance and getting into reverse seat was pain  but with extra space(legroom and width)

Price is not a concern. However I am bit confused on the selection. There are many takers I have found saying that i20 is not fit for indian roads and i10 is proven car.

Kindly suggest/recommend, given that I will be driving in Pune city and ocassionally on highways.

I would still suggest you to go for I20. Its a new car new technology, stunning looks. more features then i10.

If price is not a constraint and you have a good running then you can also look I20 diesel. You never know when you may need a car for long running.

Cheers.

Go for i20- ASTA.

Reasons

1. 5 star safety

2. Good mileage b'caz of manual gear

3. Good features

If you not considreing mileage then go for i10, Auto gear are good for city driving but 10~15% less milage than manual gears

Go for i20- ASTA.

Reasons

1. 5 star safety

2. Good mileage b'caz of manual gear

3. Good features

If you not considreing mileage then go for i10' date=' Auto gear are good for city driving but 10~15% less milage than manual gears
[/quote']

Thats correct. Automatic gears reduces mileage.

I have taken TD of both the cars. Looks and drivability wise i20 is far better. But the steering is too light and it is a bit under-powered but good for city driving. I would go with the i20.

i20 petrol or diesel?

going in for the asta model...

40km daily running..mostly in the city(about 90%)

or suggest me a better petrol car..i dont like swift or the ritz...

range 5-6 lakhs for petrol and 6-7 for diesel

Hi,

Yesterday I had posted on forum 'Hyundai i20 Vs i10 Auto'. Got only positive response regarding i20. However yesterday took TD of both cars and found that legroom of i20 is quite less and also the under thigh support is not quite great, as I am 5' 10" tall. i20 1.2 was pain driving in pune's traffic. Also I noticed powerloss on highway. In city frequent gear changing was required. May be 1.2 is not suitable for i20 it seems. Again require your comments.

Hence decided for i10 Auto asta. My question is is auto better than manual for city drive? Are there in service and upkeep issues for an auto? How is the feedback for i10 auto overall and is it worth buying it.

Do let me know your experiences(of owners), suggestions and comments.

Hi,

See there is no use of the forum until I get the right answer. In my humble opinion forum is for questions and answers. if you are going to move the thread like this then its of no use posting questions on forum.

Kindly do not merge threads like this. This defies the purpose of forum entirely.

Sir we like to maintain the quality and readability of the forum content. We expect users to take the effort to search and be able to find the information they're looking for. The i10 and the i20 are very popular cars and have been discussed to death on the forum. Please take the time out to search. And start here.

If you have multiple threads on a similar topic, it only adds to the clutter of threads on the forum which we do not want.

And what makes you feel that having another query in the same thread will not get you the answers you are looking for?

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-07-28 07:37:23

Dear All,

Dont know why my earlier posts have been removed. If this topic is removed then I seriously doubt FRG and his intentions and will complain to Autocar directly.

Anyways, here is the question again, I am inclined towards i10 auto more. however would like to know your experiences on i10 automatic, service issues if any, cost of upkeep , or any other.

Please go ahead and complain, I'm helping keep this forum clean and despite giving you the reasons, you have taken personal offence because your posts have been deleted. I also gave you a link so you could help yourself, but it obviously hasn't worked.

I don't understand why people need to be fed information. People here are not exclusively here, they have a lot of other work to do as well and I'm sure they appreciate if new users at least take the effort to help themselves.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-07-28 08:41:02

FRG,

The purpose of forum is to post similar or different questions as and when they come to mind. If this is removed then it should not be called as forum, it then becomes more like wiki.

If you need any help I will help you categorize, however pls do not change or merge threads as the context of each question which I posted was diferent. Nothing to offend you as such. But then forum should have flavour of forum

Again my thread has been removed.

It seems this FRG guy doesnt like hyundai related questions or is not willing to accept some specific questions. I really doubt this guys intentions. Any other senior members kindly take a look at this. Also if possible kindly someone provide me with autocar india office number.

First he moved the thread, then after he added it to list and now it seems that he again have removed the thread.

I dont know what is happening at autocar????

Chill out pal & stop floating frivolous threads, its a sure shot recipe to get banned.  You already have a thread on your queries, stick to it, spamming is not tolerated on this forum & neither discussing moderation.

I used to own a Hyundai and absolutely love them but if you can't follow the rules, I'm sorry I can't help you.

Granted you want to ask a question about the i10. But you already have a thread on the i10 automatic, why is it so difficult for you to continue in that thread?

Let me help you with the Autocar office number - 022-66271000. Please ask for Hormazd Sorabjee and complain that FRG has been following the rules.

And again you have posted in the wrong section, how do you expect people to help you if you can't help yourself.

FRG

Sorry we can't have a thousand threads just because a thousand people decided that their question is different even if it isn't. Like I asked you earlier, start with this thread and look around. If you don't find the answers you are looking for, I will personally help you.

All I ask is that you follow the rules and regulations of the board which are mentioned in the announcements section.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-07-28 09:22:22

I was following the same thread, however all of a sudden the thread disappeared. I couldnt find it. Now tell me what should I have done? And remember forum is the purpose for all kinds of questions and answers(ontopic and offtopic and anyone is free to add whatever he/she likes to). Otherwise it may become personal page.

i20 petrol or diesel?

going in for the asta model...

40km daily running..mostly in the city(about 90%)

or suggest me a better petrol car..i dont like swift or the ritz...

range 5-6 lakhs for petrol and 6-7 for diesel

Go for i20 diesel - driving 40kms a day it will work out our 4 years of usage. No other good cars if you dont like Maruti cars.