FuelRunGod

Hyundai i10/Pa Test Drive Report

Quite a fit car to set the sales charts afire- it has everything but for the small omissions which Hyundai may correct soon- thanks to Manish FRG for his quick response on this site which may benefit many of us. The front fairings ( headlights, grille) make it appear like a poor man's Honda Civic. Why there's a lack of originality from Hyundai on this front???? But the i 10 is destined to give sleepless nights to Maruti Udyog.

Quite a fit car to set the sales charts afire- it has everything but for the small omissions which Hyundai may correct soon- thanks to Manish FRG for his quick response on this site which may benefit many of us. The front fairings ( headlights' date=' grille) make it appear like a poor man's Honda Civic. Why there's a lack of originality from Hyundai on this front???? But the i 10 is destined to give sleepless nights to Maruti Udyog. [/quote']

SLeepless nights to Maruti is for sure. hahahha they are sure to come out with discounts for the Swift petrol too.

Comparing Swift and i10 ( if the price difference is marginal ).... my take is to buy swift which has more powerful engine and specs.. i think its safer to modify the interiors rather than to modify the engine... but unique things like the gear rod console, rear seat headrest adjuster are definetly a plus.

Comparing Getz 1.1 and i10 - my take is for i10. Its better to buy Getz 1.3 over Getz 1.1

That is correct, the i10 really comes in the league of the Santro and Wagon R.  It is brilliant in that segment and is sure to be a winner. It must be given its fair share and should not be compared to bigger cars like the Swift and the Getz. 

Jitz

Think this to be a nice car..

beige interiors feel spacious.. but thinks that d beige and black treatement dont together dont work well.. but it feels fresh....

but actually.. is this a competition to swift..? coz if hyundai has planned like that, they should have given a bigger engine...

i feel that this will be competition to the yet to be launched suzuki splash...

any way competion is getting hot...

will it eat into the market share of santro......... like what happened to accent, when verna was launched...? hyundaai........ watch out....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maruti and GM...you too.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The review is good, thanks FRG!

Any information about the automatic version. Any more information will be greatly appreciated.

I am sure there are lots of people who wouldnt want the hassle of changing gears in stop-start city traffic. I looking for a good automatic small comfortable car for my aunt. Cant find one. The Wagon R is the only one which is available in the small car segment which is available in automatic, but it has only 3 gears. I suspect the economy and refinement wouldnt be very good.

Glad to hear that Hyundai is introducing automatic as an option in the i30. Hope it is a good one!

i dont think i10 cn be a competent for Getz... Getz no matter 1.1 or 1.3 is in a different league of cars.... there are lot more other than the engine disposition to analyze here, like power / torque, suspension, tranmission, wheel base etc etc.... infact Getz 1.1 was just to cut down the duty and reduce price similar to palio stile 1.1.... ths doesnt mean yu can compare the i10 with Getz or Palio 1.1

hey guys, had been to the dealer to check my car at the service statin and had a chance to take a look at i10 ( couldnt take a test drive as they have lost the keys and still searching ).... anyways, the looks are good but def not as spacious as the premium hatch backs.... i seriously liked the gear rod console...i guess magna will a good buy, will take TD the next time i go there to get car out!

Yesterday saw the car in the nearby dealer the car looks stylish the inteiors are quite good . the Front non adjustable head rests and the simple looks of rear design are  afew cons.

But overall the car is good value for money small car but is always a danger to santro , getz , wagonR and swift.