FuelRunGod

Hyundai i10/Pa Test Drive Report

the swift was given such a huge marketing campaign even before its release and it tasted decent success. even the santro had a very aggressive marketing campaign and it did really well. the thing i dont understand is why the i10 is not being marketed highly. i live in hyd and i dont see any tv ads and advertising boards. there was just an ad in the paper today. why is hyundai maintaining such a low profile for the i10???

the Models liek Era , Magna are value for money but the the Magna wit Abs and airbags and sunroof is quite expensive.

But still why is the Hyundai continuing to keep its Good old Santro???

i10 is too dumb to be bought with optional magna sunroof with the small 1.1lt engine the swift is the leader but can be suppressed by upcoming Palio 1.3lt Diesel.

Period, no Fiat product can compete with a Maruti. They are not able to push Palio Stile's at this rock bottom price, do you think an engine change is going to work magic. Basically, only a miracle can save Fiat in India. It's totally in the dumps.

I had a look at this car yesterday.  The build quality appears to be much much better than Swift.  The interiors and the quality of the plastics used are simply great for this price.  I don't know driving, so just waiting for more reviews before I go and book this car.  

i heard that maruti is giving rs 25000 discount for it WagonR petrol variants which will mean the WagonR VXI ABS is now available for 4.67 - 25k = 4.42 ON ROAD (non metalic) the ERA version of i10 is costing somewhere around rs10k less than the this Wagonr vxi abs , which means people who are looking for a saftey car they could always pay a little bit more from the Era version of i10 and just go in for a decent wagonRvxi abs.

By the way is there any offers for the newly launched i10 this Diwali??

so feel that maruthi will study i10 thoroughly and will come with better options in their splash. so is the i10 priced somewhat on the higher side..? How are the quality of plastics feel..? are they of good quality, or just feeling so, because of the beige colour..?

so feel that maruthi will study i10 thoroughly and will come with better options in their splash. so is the i10 priced somewhat on the higher side..? How are the quality of plastics feel..? are they of good quality' date=' or just feeling so, because of the beige colour..?[/quote']

Actually the Hyundai plastics are better than the plactics used in the maruti and for the Build quality it depens on the MODEL well i feel that i10 has a good build quality,

Well the prciing too is not high but when maruti is offering such a high Mouth watering discounts i would have gone in for the wagonr vxi ABS. but as of now i postphoned my plan of buying a small car to next year.hoping for maruti to launch their splash and Liana.

yes.. hope those will be great cars..... keep our fingers crossed.

but i have heard from hyundai customers complaining that, even though they provide better feeling interiors and all.. they have missed the quality in some parts like silencer, which will need a replacement at about 30000km .... when used in humid areas... and also suspension, which packs up very fast and are expensive to replace... i have a doubt wheather they are making cars, which feel quality in the outside, but are not, inside.

but i have never seen a hyundai customer, complaining about engine problems.

i know, i have done a research. im used to seak the help of search engines (especially google)to find news about newcars. when i see a model in an auto show, i collect more details about it from net.

and i loved the cervo, on first site, when i saw it in 2006 january issue of autocar (if i am not mistaken.)so i have searched for more details on it.

oh.. friends... i typed this, by mistake.

FGR,... please delete the two scraps. the quoted one and the one following it

i know' date=' i have done a research. im used to seak the help of search engines (especially google)to find news about newcars. when i see a model in an auto show, i collect more details about it from net.

and i loved the cervo, on first site, when i saw it in 2006 january issue of autocar (if i am not mistaken.)so i have searched for more details on it.[/quote']

Who told you this information.?

sorry rssh, i have posted the wrong entry

now, i leave in kerala, where the humidity is high. here, the hyundai vehicles tend to get rest on their silencers very early. this may not happen in other staes, where the humidity is very less. i have seen many hyundai owners here, who complain on these issues. especially, santro and accent owners.

friends, here is another review on i10. it has more photos. and specifications are given.

here is the link:

http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/hyundai-i10-pictorial-review-interiors/

it says that i10 is only 1595mm wide.i thought that, it would be wider than this. the yet to be launched suzuki SPLASH is expected to have around 1690mm width. so slash will be more spacious(about 10cm more shoulder room than i10 can be expected). so it will surely take on i10, when launched.

hmmm i love the reviews given by autocar and the members in here i trust autcars Verdict and reviews on that basis i sugest my friends too and thats why i have taken the civic.

soo it would be better i dont see that. thanks Autocar & what car for your impartial views and reviews and verdicts,

regards,

Priya

smiley12.gif splash is surely longer wider and taller....

but on indian roads splash will be a night mare to drive....

ground clearance is only 140mm... thats like watching out even the speed breakers...

what splash lacks and i10 has is better interiors.... spalsh still uses cheap plastics...

i was always looking for a hatch back with classy interiors and a feel of a luxury car inside... in a compact segment, this was never available.... finally i10 tries to gives you utmost luxury feel in <5L budget ...

best selling feature of I10 would be the iShift, shift by wire technology ...drive it to believe it ...

smiley12.gif splash is surely longer wider and taller....
but on indian roads splash will be a night mare to drive....
ground clearance is only 140mm... thats like watching out even the speed breakers...
what splash lacks and i10 has is better interiors.... spalsh still uses cheap plastics...

i was always looking for a hatch back with classy interiors and a feel of a luxury car inside... in a compact segment' date=' this was never available.... finally i10 tries to gives you utmost luxury feel in <5L budget ...

best selling feature of I10 would be the iShift, shift by wire technology ...drive it to believe it ...
[/quote']

dont worry dude if splash will be launched in india maruti will definately see to it that the ground clearence is minimum 165 mm,

Yes right now the i10 is great value for money car and alos offers nice goodies too,

Cheerssmiley20.gif