FuelRunGod

Hyundai i10/Pa Test Drive Report

hope maruthi will consider beiger interiors for splash.

they have done it before. sx4 has beige interior india. but it has black interior in markets like US. hope this will happen to splash also.because, it is a fact that, we, indians like beige interiors very much.

groom, beige interiors may not always mean good quality.beige or black, it should be good quality. thats all.

i didnt have a close look at i10 yet. only information is from photographs. hope it is of good quality. smiley1.gif

Hyundai Motors India Ltd sales figures for Oct 2007, show a drop in sales as compared to Oct 2006. Hyundai would have hit the bulls eye had the i10 launch been pre-poned to the pre- Dushera phase, for the sales figures to be higher. A majority of buyers have bought their cars by now.

Hello friends,

MY REVIEW AFTER GETTING MY FIRST i10 delivered today, pictures tommorow ...

Here is an in-depth review of Hyundai i10 Magna variant. As

a one of the first owners in Bangalore

and had my i10 (golden champagne) color car deliverd for this diwali, I wanted

tell everyone the reasons why I choose this car.

We all know that in several reviews between, WagonR, Zen

Estilo, Indica, Palio Stile 1.1,Chevy spark and Santro Xing, the winner was

Santro Xing. (refer Autocar mega shootout). Hence my entire review below is

only against the Santro. Lets see whether this car is better than Santro or its

worth to wait for other cars. Below is comparison between i10 Magna &

Santro XO

The

Nice review there groom, good way to start your posts. Why don't you put up something in the introductions section.

One point I'd like to add to the review is that the hydraulic power steering had better feel than the new EPS system. The EPS is speed sensitive, there is a noticeable drop in assistance after 30kmph.

At highway speeds, the steering could have given more feedback, at present it feels disconnected from the surface.

FRG

Thanks FRG for bringing d report.

One thing to say to AutocarIndia team.I am a regular reader of ACI from last

5 yrs.I always liked their roadtests, you are the first one to bring report of new models....but now things've changed...dont know wat happend...

Hyundai i10 was launched on 1st week of this month and no magazines have any reports..will have to wait till Dec issue to read roadtests. its a locally produced small car and no mags could drive it last month...even ACI couldnt do it( I am sayin this bcoz ACI was d 1st mag to bring Scorpio drive before its launch)..ACI was  showing only the spy pics of i10 from last 2 months....

if it were an import car, say an european model ,you people  would've flied to UK and driven it, if it were a japanese...then will drive it in Thailand or japan..

but i10's 1st launch was done here...1st time a global model launching here...and no preproduction model drive..no reports...nothing....

same was the case with new Safari dicor...launced 1st week of October..waited till Nov issue to read d tests....

wat d forum members think about this?

the whole of India had to wait buddy ....

NO ONE COULD GET THE RTO APPROVAL TILL 7th NOV...driving on Indian roads would be illegal ...

how could anyone drive.. still i could see Autocar guys drove it on TV ...

Please clarify..I didnt get d point...I am saying that d model could be driven in factory tracks...they've dont that before

Hey dude i dint typ me prvios reply to u it was for GROOM for his review on his new car,

Well you had posted a reply for ACI and you will get a reply from FRG( Fuel RUn GOD)

well as per what i think is that ACI magazine will be printed and will come in the newsstands on or bfore the month starts, maybe they will put it next monts issue,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Come on mndvishnu they will have to because they are getting competition from other magzines nice review groom enjoy your new car the head might be turning when you are driving.

Took a test drive in a demo car yesterday. Performance was quite 

sprightly for the city, but the steering lacked any feedback watsoever.

Felt like a PS2 steering add on. Cant blame Hyundai as most small cars

with power steering feels same. My old M800 steering gives more

feedback. Gear shift was nice but the knob had cheap plastics. The high

dash also had some iffy plastic bits.The car has a very stiff structure

and bodyroll was non existent. The suspension was somewhat stiffer than

what could have been more comfortable. The ground clearance seemed

pretty low too.

Overall it seemed a much more modern package than the santro. And with

uncontrovercial looks (unlike the initial Santros) it is sure to do

well in the Indian market.

Please clarify..I didnt get d point...I am saying that d model could be driven in factory tracks...they've done that before

Getting the car from a manufacturer doesn't always match with our magazine's schedule. Besides, the forum already had a testdrive report before the car was launched here in Mumbai.

I dont think anybody had anything like that before us.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-11-09 18:28:40

Here are the pics ....
i enjoyed the drive this morning ... more than that i enjoyed all the attention i get on road .... this happened to be the FIRST i10 delivered in Bangalore ... :-)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/groom_gv/IMG_0195.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/groom_gv/IMG_0193.jpg

these are direct links.. hope they will work ...

FuelRunGod2007-11-10 11:00:57

good for you groom i think it is silver if not then gold the interiors really looks best in class , now i think though you are groomed well no one will look at you but they will stare your car with popping eyes , happy and safe motoring dude,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Please clarify..I didnt get d point...I am saying that d model could be driven in factory tracks...they've done that before

The Global launch was on October 31st by which time ACI issue for November was released. There is no way Hyundai would allow one magazine to spoil global launch by printing proper pictures earlier. ACI usually gets stories first but because it is a monthly magazine it loses out if car is launched inbetween issues. I must complement Autocar for giving test report of i10 on the website, the day it was launched. So guys if you cant wait for the mag go to website for information

Nice links groom the front looks aggressive but I didn't like the rear styling.

points well noted... the front is more like a honda and kinda aggressive and the rear is a little off.... cud've been better.... the beige interiors go well with ur car color... post a review of ur car if u can....

luv ur car like it is ur life....

i just filled Shell Advantage till the rim.. will take some time to come up with mileage calculations...

one more thing i wish HMC wouldn't have removed is the Leg rest next to the clutch paddle... it had high utility ....

Here are the pics ....
i enjoyed the drive this morning ... more than that i enjoyed all the attention i get on road .... this happened to be the FIRST i10 delivered in Bangalore ... :-)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/groom_gv/IMG_0195.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/groom_gv/IMG_0193.jpg

these are direct links.. hope they will work ...

The new car smell, I can imagine sitting here seeing these pics, Congrats...