FuelRunGod

Hyundai i10/Pa Test Drive Report

is diesel variant of  i 10 in pipeline ?

when is splash due, in what range?

Actually the Hyundai plastics are better than the plactics used in the maruti and for the Build quality it depens on the MODEL well i feel that i10 has a good build quality,

Well the prciing too is not high but when maruti is offering such a high Mouth watering discounts i would have gone in for the wagonr vxi ABS. but as of now i postphoned my plan of buying a small car to next year.hoping for maruti to launch their splash and Liana.

i10 will have a diesel power train by mid 2008...

it will be a 1.1 CRDi engine... probably the smallest CRDi Bosch has ever developed...(excluding the 2cylinder CRDi for Tata 1 lak).. i also speculate that the engine will be entirely from South Korea like Verna or may be from Detroit Diesel like Viva....

after the i10CRDi launch.. it will be i20 launch... say Bbye to Getz ..

i10 will have a diesel power train by mid 2008...

it will be a 1.1 CRDi engine... probably the smallest CRDi Bosch has ever developed...(excluding the 2cylinder CRDi for Tata 1 lak).. i also speculate that the engine will be entirely from South Korea like Verna or may be from Detroit Diesel like Viva....

after the i10CRDi launch.. it will be i20 launch... say Bbye to Getz ..

you have any idea about the bhp of the engine ??? will it be enough to give out a decent performance ?? because, the car is a small one and i dont think it'll be able to muffle the rattle and vibration of the heavier diesel engine.... unless its hsa decent performance and mileage it wouldn't make sense

Dear Manish,

I want to know exact meaning of "hard finish" below e-mail. whether "hard finish" is weld line of surface in PVC knob, or etc...

waiting for your reply.

Hey,

No problems. Glad I could help you out. When I said gears have longer throws, it was in comparison to the santro. The gearknob has a hard finish and if you rest your hand on it for a long time (which you shouldn't), your hand may hurt.

Go for it, its a good car. Drive safe.

Regards,

FRG

-- Previous Private Message --

Sent by : Funlove

Sent : 13 Nov 2007 at 2:01pm

Dear Manish

Thank you for your kind reply. I was not able to thank you earlier because i was not in town for the past two weeks , sorry for that.

After reading your mail i was inclined to buy i10 , anyhow before finally deciding i want some clarifications regarding the demertis which you have mentioned in the Engine & Gearbox sections

1. The gears have longer throws

2. The gear knob finish could have been better

Related to gear longer throws can you give a comparitive statement & your choice with respect to gear throws

Specifically related to the gear knob finish demerit , whether this point is affecting the functionality of the car or whether the rough finish is physically hurting on operation or the finish is inferior compared to other cars in the segment.

Please clarify on the following points in order to decide on my purchase

I meant the surface. The gearknob could be of a softer material.

FRG

I got it u means the Exterior Surface of the gear knob and these guys have mistaken it for the shift quality,

Regards,

Priya

Glad to hear about the fuel efficiency. I own a Santro Xing and had a test drive of i10 & Swift. I was really attracted by i10's features & all but cant help wondering if I should pay more & go for Swift Vxi than i10 Magna.

How is the ride compared to Swift in terms of suspension ? I use my car mostly on weekends & within city limits. Which would be a good choice between Swift Vxi & i10Magna ?

Glad to hear about the fuel efficiency. I own a Santro Xing and had a test drive of i10 & Swift. I was really attracted by i10's features & all but cant help wondering if I should pay more & go for Swift Vxi than i10 Magna.

How is the ride compared to Swift in terms of suspension ? I use my car mostly on weekends & within city limits. Which would be a good choice between Swift Vxi & i10Magna ?

Both are very good Cars , but i10 is slightly on the higer side on pricing when compared with other cars and swift seems to be known from 2 years now and seems to be good, the i10 too looks very stylish with biege interior and other goodies but i hate the FIXED seat Head rests Makes it very ugly ,

The milage of Swift in city is aprox 11- 12 with AC and highway around 16

Milage of i10 is aprox around 13-14 in city and 16-17 in higway

See properly and decide on one

From My side i would Pass the SWIFT VXI

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Still 2-3 weeks left before I can book my car. But I might

go for i10 Magna. I feel Swift Vxi will probably go off my budget. I can go for a

Lxi model(less than Magna by around 5k or so), but I like all the features

available with Magna. Also I've been using Santro Xing for the last 4 1/2 yrs

and I really like the zippy drive.

From what I have read, i10 has a refined Santro engine. So

I'll be comfortable with the ride. My only concern is the suspension while

driving across bumpy roads, which wasn't that great with santro.

I might go for another Swift test drive next week.

Coz the petrol version wasn't available for TD last week & that too was within the building  premises.