FuelRunGod

Hyundai i10/Pa Test Drive Report

hi readers.. today i test drove i10 along wid aveo uva.. i drove uva for 30 mins n i10 for 15 mins approx...

first indivisually i10 is very good.. exellent pick up interiors r like deluxe.. gear knob n shift is cool..

but compared to testdriving of uva........

engine is very noisy [uva almost no sound] in da cabin

ride quality is not better than uva..

initial pickup far better than uva

ac-both r same more or less.

space- undoutedly uva... very spacious but i10 also better than its competetors in its segemnt

suspension- i found uva better. may be becoz uva had larger ground clearance

cost- i10 magna- 4.53 laks +mp3 n other acc.. = 4.65

aveo uva-base model 4.52-insurance[free] +power windows kit[12k]=4.52 again.. and the dealer said free mp3 player sun film n footmatting and central locking wid remote all free..

so i decided tht better to go for sum bigger vehicle wid bigger engine  with lesser cost..

so uva im gettin it

ya only tht is da difference.. chevy is not well known... maruthi n hyundai hav large network and most of the buyers prefer the service over tha car quality and ride. and if any1 likes a car particalrly like only its good looks or interiors then no toher car wud look good to him...

i considered  over all car details and value for money not just power n pick up of i10 or its console mounted gear shift.. i prefered ride quality and luxory over style.. .. i10 is better santro estilo wagon r etc but costlier. 4.65 laks for 1.1 cc engine. uva 15k less wid bigger engine n bigger cabin wid better ride quality.. so preferrred it.

but ultimately i think it al depens indivisually.. cant generalise. some like hyundai comapany some like maruti and so they tend to liek the cars of those companies..

i hate chevy  for its poor netwrok services..  but car... uva !!! exellent.. if it was hyundais or marutis uva.. then it wud hav been a huge hit.. poor chevy...

I would go with the i10 any day rather than go for the UVA ' date=' the hyundai after sales support is good too , the performance of i10 to is very good and Better

Cheerssmiley20.gif
[/quote']

yup i agree with  you , the i10 fares better when compared with the UVA

Regards,

Priya

I would go with the i10 any day rather than go for the UVA ' date=' the hyundai after sales support is good too , the performance of i10 to is very good and Better

Cheerssmiley20.gif
[/quote']

I have not driven either, but I dont think that the UVA is a good comparison to the i10 since the class of cars is entirely different. The UVA will have a somoother ride and refinement compared to the i10. I would think that the i20 which will be released next year needs to be compared with UVA. At the moment there is a bit of premium pricing on the i10 which I dont think is justified.

yes exactly... one cant compare UVA and i10... you drive both at 100kmph, you will feel UVA is much better due to its bigger engine, kerb weight, stability on the other hand i10 will make you feel you are on 100...

yes exactly... one cant compare UVA and i10... you drive both at 100kmph' date=' you will feel UVA is much better due to its bigger engine, kerb weight, stability on the other hand i10 will make you feel you are on 100... [/quote']

I agree and the comparison of the i20 which is getting released next year with the UVA would be more appropriate.

i know comparing i10 and uva is not right thing as both belong to different segment... what i did was which car between the two is worth for that price of around 4.5lacks.. i compared the 2 cars based on the same price.. i10 magna and aveo uva base model....

indivisually if i10 compared to cars like santro estilo and wagon r no dout i10 is superior..

i dont wana defame i10 but im just saying, which wud be a better choice for buyers at same price..

i know comparing i10 and uva is not right thing as both belong to different segment... what i did was which car between the two is worth for that price of around 4.5lacks.. i compared the 2 cars based on the same price.. i10 magna and aveo uva base model....

indivisually if i10 compared to cars like santro estilo and wagon r no dout i10 is superior..

i dont wana defame i10 but im just saying' date=' which wud be a better choice for buyers at same price..
[/quote']

I would still not agree with you as it would depend on what one is looking for... If one is looking for a larger car, ride quality and refinement, then the UVA would be better. If one is looking for fancy features, then a smaller car, lower ride quality and refinement car (i10) with bells and whistiles would have costs that add up to that of a larger car. Personally I would go in for the UVA at the same cost based on theoretical knowledge of both these cars.

yes it depends on your requirements... how will prioritise, power, efficiency, comfort, safety, interiors, exteriors, style and much more... based on all these yu can select to buy a car but UVA cant be compared be with i10 as its in a different class of cars. precisely i10 will be in Hatch back and UVA will be in Premium hatch back

I will not buy UVA for one and only reason that it is due for a change ....

UVA's another problem is noise.. which is spoken by all the Auto mags...

UVA tends more noisier when you are accelerating in the city ... and also it feels a little slow to pick till some RPM ...

UVA tends more noisier when you are accelerating in the city ... and also it feels a little slow to pick till some RPM ...

Yup i feel i10 is far advanced than the getz or the UVA , better go ahead with the i10

Regards,

Priya

yess thts true that it depends on the indivisual idea of wat one wants in a car. one may prefer stylish interriors or good pick up or external looks and dont care for space or ride quality.. then it does nt matter what price of the car is..

but most of people see the value for money they put in..then the overall car features come into the thought. just like i analysed overall which car is better for that price..

anyway  it realy does nt matter which car is better when you personally like a car..

as far im concerned im just following value for money.. which in this case uva is better..

i saw some1 mentioned here uva is noisy.. but

as far as i know uva is known for its silence in the cabin..

Yup i feel i10 is far advanced than the getz or the UVA ' date=' better go ahead with the i10

Regards,

Priya
[/quote']

yes buy i10... forget your worries and ENJOY

hi readers.. today i test drove i10 along wid aveo uva.. i drove uva for 30 mins n i10 for 15 mins approx...

first indivisually i10 is very good.. exellent pick up interiors r like deluxe.. gear knob n shift is cool..

but compared to testdriving of uva........

engine is very noisy [uva almost no sound] in da cabin

ride quality is not better than uva..

initial pickup far better than uva

ac-both r same more or less.

space- undoutedly uva... very spacious but i10 also better than its competetors in its segemnt

suspension- i found uva better. may be becoz uva had larger ground clearance

cost- i10 magna- 4.53 laks +mp3 n other acc.. = 4.65

aveo uva-base model 4.52-insurance[free] +power windows kit[12k]=4.52 again.. and the dealer said free mp3 player sun film n footmatting and central locking wid remote all free..

so i decided tht better to go for sum bigger vehicle wid bigger engine  with lesser cost..

so uva im gettin it

I would suggest that you check the Getz and the Swift before you decide on the UVA, though I am not sure if the end cost will be the same.

hi! everyone

it's my first buy so am a hell lot apprehensive 'bout it.

i am planning(almost finalized) to buy hyundai i10 ERA(M).....

is it good enough?

i know it sounds a bit stupid asking something which has been answered already(somewhat), but i would like an opinion from u guys

thanks

aditya

I bought the Magna last week....I already own a Santro....I am very much satisfied with the car in all aspects, except for that there is no option to open boot cabin from inside the car...I got 16.5 km/L for the first 450 kms driven...

I rate it above Spark , UV-A, Swift (some versions), Estilo, Wagon-R...

+ve's

Small man's Luxury car..(as good as a CIVIC or FIT from Honda)

Interiors

Gear shift placing..

Dash board..

Front look

Ground clearnace

Road grip

-Ve's

Engine sound (not much though--less than Santro)

Boot cabin opening option not provided inside

I had two questions:

How does i10 compare with Swift.  Let me elaborate.  i10 appears to be overpriced for its category and for the same money, I can buy Swift which is a bigger car.  While i10 has all the goodies, it appears that overall experience will be better in Swift.  One concern with the theory is that while both Hyundai and Maruti have good and extensive service centre, I believe, Hyundai is more reliable and has better service centers.

Another question was when is i10 Automatice expected.  and is Fabia also going to have an automatic version

yess thts true that it depends on the indivisual idea of wat one wants in a car. one may prefer stylish interriors or good pick up or external looks and dont care for space or ride quality.. then it does nt matter what price of the car is..

but most of people see the value for money they put in..then the overall car features come into the thought. just like i analysed overall which car is better for that price..

anyway  it realy does nt matter which car is better when you personally like a car..

as far im concerned im just following value for money.. which in this case uva is better..

which one is superior on space and ride quality : Wagon R / i 10 / Spark / Santro ?

which one is superior on space and ride quality : Wagon R / i 10 / Spark / Santro ?

Without a second thought , THE i10

Regards,

priya