I have observed that altis has a tendency to knock, when you start the car from stand still position in 1st gear and you are about to leave the clutch, there is slight knocking as if throttle given is too low . once u have left the clutch in 1st gear there are no issues at all with the car.

Due to this problem many times the engine goes off when I am in traffic, its kinda difficult to drive it in traffic cos if accelerate a lil less car goes off n if lil more it goes vroooooooooooom.. I think toyota should do something about this.

Are other people who have driven Altis face a similar problem?

I don't exactly remember the Altis I drove doing this. In fact it was brilliant at low revs. It can stall at low revs but is quite nice to drive. Although I don't think it is a big issue, try and change the petrol pump where you fill at.

FRG

I think injector cleaning must solve the problem. It's very unlikely all Altis' suffer from this, soo far this is probably the first gripe reported by an Altis owner in this forum. There are quiet a few Corolla owner's here who can help you out.

smiley19.gif I hope its not ONLY happening in my car.

Well I guess i have not been able to describe it clearly.

Its like slight shuddering, generally happens in cars when you try to leave the clutch without stepping on the throttle but once you leave the clutch its gone.

If possible try to stop on a steap uphill road and the move the car again, According to me you will notice that driving an altis in such a situation is a bit tricky compared to other cars coz your clutch and throttle should be vv balanced else the car will go off or u will end up giving large throttle opening

too much.

Even one of my frnd has noticed the same thing with his altis

Please dont do any self doctoring. Take the car to your dealer's service center and they will do the needful, hopefully free of charge, as any problem would be rectified within warranty. My Noida dealer, Uttam Toyota has been most helpful to me in service matters.

I have not faced any such issue in my Altis AT. Even if I just release the clutch/brake without pressing accelerator at all, car just starts crawling very smoothly and without any jerks etc. I use this very often. Every body who has sat in my car has praised the drive quality as they do not feel any jerks at all.

Please dont do any self doctoring. Take the car to your dealer's service center and they will do the needful' date=' hopefully free of charge, as any problem would be rectified within warranty. My Noida dealer, Uttam Toyota has been most helpful to me in service matters.

I have not faced any such issue in my Altis AT. Even if I just release the clutch/brake without pressing accelerator at all, car just starts crawling very smoothly and without any jerks etc. I use this very often. Every body who has sat in my car has praised the drive quality as they do not feel any jerks at all.

[/quote']

The problem is with the clutch, as ur driving an automatic the clutch system is entirely different. hence you wont experience any such problem

Our Altis has done 14,000 kms and it has been a year since we bought it. I haven't faced that problem or may be i got used to it. Show it to the service center, they can help you.

The only problem i have faced is there is some rattling near the rear speakers.

Guys, Im buying an Altis G (Silver) within this month and have got a quote for 11,80,000/- on road Lucknow.

Has anyone got a lower offer/is there scope for bargaining on this?

Guys' date=' Im buying an Altis G (Silver) within this month and have got a quote for 11,80,000/- on road Lucknow.

Has anyone got a lower offer/is there scope for bargaining on this?
[/quote']

Congrats Kinshuk. Proce is so variable across states that you may not get any guidance from other states. Also, I guess it is from Sunny near Amausi!

Finally, I got my Altis on the 30th! It costed me 12,12,000 on road. It was initially costing 11.80 but Tax was increased from 2.5% to 6%!!

moto_0142.jpg

Will post more pics as soon as I get my camera's batteries charged!Kinshuk2009-11-04 15:29:47

Congratulations Kinshuk on your new purchase. My Altis has now crossed 6000 kms in 7 months and it has been faultless service so far. I hope you and all other Altis owners will enjoy a long happy and trouble free ownership.

The normal service cost  of Rs. 1300 inclding oil change is also very low and coupled with 3 years, 1,00,000 kms full warranty, the maintenance costs are also going to be very low. Perhaps lowest in its segment.

It is shocking that this 'murti premi' sarkar of U.P., is robbing citizens to pay for her parks and statues. Increased Road tax of 6% from 2.5% is ridiculous and they have also hiked the tax on cable TV and DTH services to a disgusting 30%.
akj53in2009-11-05 04:49:40

Guys I got my altis G model for 11.20 on road :-P

I had recently driven car from MUM- AURANGABAD-MUM

and managed a Mileage of 14-15 KMPL

I also got the vehicle serviced last week costed me 1450, wonder why am i paying 150 more?

Guys I got my altis G model for 11.20 on road :-P

I had recently driven car from MUM- AURANGABAD-MUM and it delivered a mileage of 14-15 Kmpl

I Got the vehicle serviced from 2nd service, which costed me 1450.. why am I paying 150 extra?? 
goenkakushal2009-11-05 12:28:20

Thanks guys!

@BS: you're right; the Accord is on a long term lease by my company (comes with a driver) whereas the Corolla is MINE! To be very honest I have driven the Accord twice in the since it came...all I can say is that its good to drive but I prefer to stay away from driving leased/rental vehicles.

@akj53in: yeah its daylight dacoity! There's absolutely no development besides 'murtis' and parks!

@goenkakushal: im ignoring your comment on cost ;))

At present I have driven around 150kms since 30/10 getting an average of 11kmpl which is what I got from my NHC- so happy on that front.

Will try to post pictures & a small review asap!