suvirmathur

SKODA - Terrible Experience

@Sharash: I think Suvir Mathur has been very specific' date=' the Reg no, chassis no and also the finance co, so why should any one doubt him. He's probably not replying coz he's saddled with a huge problem and may be running from pillar to post in search of a solution. He has aired his grievance.

Someone has asked him to post the copies of bills; now what's to come out of it?
[/quote']

?

I understand this. However, i still believe before running a 5 page post on the issue, shouldnt we get the topic starter to respond? Wont this harm the brand name (who ever it maybe)? In this case, SKODA India is already reeling under a huge Customer satisfaction issues.

i agree with you, he has to keep the thread updated about what is going on with his car, i just see alot of people just bashing skoda's name in various forums, i understand the anger from the car owners point but how do we know if this is taken as an advantage for marketing other brands like maruti, hyundai etc, i had a bad experience with hyundai too, i had gearbox issues with my elantra just after warranty, the reverse gear box teeth had failed just after 5k kms, talk about being reliable, i had to pay 18k to get it fixed after fighting with hyundai to give me a discount on the repair, lemons are there in ALL BRANDS, people here just start bashing a brand for the sake of it, i can mention few hyundai & maruti dealers that i had a bad experience with, this is INDIA, we are not a first world country, we are still developing, this forums is getting full of immature people i must say..

forgot to mention i also own a hyundai i20 asta model, its a beautiful car but i still keep my fingers crossed after what happened to my elantra just after5k kms, anything can go wrong with ANY car, luck plays a role in cars too smiley22.gif

I have resorted to such forums after a good 15 months of agony with Skoda. Have sent mails all the way to Aurgangabad as well their Czech head quarters.

My intentions are not to harm a brand. I sent legal notice to Skoda in Dec 2008, where they assured to get the car "checked thoroughly" - though they never acknowledged my complaint. Subsequently, as the car continued to give trouble, i resorted to Consumer Court in March 09.

Complaint Case No. 160 of 2009, Before the District Consumer Redressal Forum, South II, Qutub Insitutional Area, New Delhi.

It is not a 5 page misery, but 42 pages of continued problems.

Car has been sent to the workshop over 16 times in these last 15 months. Issues like "wrong alignment" of wheels resulting in total loss of both front tyres in barely 1000 kms of driving, failure of Tyre Pressure Monitoring sensors, Clutch plate failure, Coolant warning lights resulting in some "fans / parts" being changed...the list is endless.

i would love to give you exact details, give me your email, else the forum might get choked !!!

All our sympathies with you Suvir & we would really like to offer what ever help we can. Skoda has earned a very bad name in dealing with customers & even after so much of hue & cry, there seems no change happening on the ground. Really very sorry state of affairs!

Please feel free to post the details on the forum, it shall be an eyeopener for prospective consumers.

BTW, where is the case headed, is there some conclusive outcome?

I have resorted to such forums after a good 15 months of agony with Skoda. Have sent mails all the way to Aurgangabad as well their Czech head quarters.

My intentions are not to harm a brand. I sent legal notice to Skoda in Dec 2008, where they assured to get the car "checked thoroughly" - though they never acknowledged my complaint. Subsequently, as the car continued to give trouble, i resorted to Consumer Court in March 09.

Complaint Case No. 160 of 2009, Before the District Consumer Redressal Forum, South II, Qutub Insitutional Area, New Delhi.

It is not a 5 page misery, but 42 pages of continued problems.

Car has been sent to the workshop over 16 times in these last 15 months. Issues like "wrong alignment" of wheels resulting in total loss of both front tyres in barely 1000 kms of driving, failure of Tyre Pressure Monitoring sensors, Clutch plate failure, Coolant warning lights resulting in some "fans / parts" being changed...the list is endless.

i would love to give you exact details, give me your email, else the forum might get choked !!!

[/quote']

Apologies Mr.Mathur, its just that i have seen so many posts of soo many brands about their A.S.S being bad that i tend to think are they real people who post these things!

I totally am with you in your battle to get back all you have lost in owning a Skoda.

All the best and keep us posted.

@Insane your talk of luck with today's cars is....well.. insane!!!... If this was quoted 20 yrs back no body would have said a thing, today's car are made with precision, all components delivered to the Mfgr are checked certified and then dispatched, the QC is again carried out on these parts prior to it getting converted to inventory, so the car comes out of the factory as it should, it is the owner and then the service provider who is responsible for what happens to the car.

It is very clear that unless and until you keep a hawk eye on the car some thing or the other is going to get swapped.

I don't know with other's but every squeak, vibration and the way the car moves over certain roads, ditches is know to me and if after service if the thing has been requested to specifically looked at and it disappears is OK but in return if some thing more comes up it goes right back to the garage for a explanation, if I get a reply that "that is nothing..it is normal" that guy had it from me.. . it is amazing that when you make a ruckus, throw names around go to the top how things get done in a hurry.

@Insane your talk of luck with today's cars is....well.. insane!!!... If this was quoted 20 yrs back no body would have said a thing' date=' today's car are made with precision, all components delivered to the Mfgr are checked certified and then dispatched, the QC is again carried out on these parts prior to it getting converted to inventory, so the car comes out of the factory as it should, it is the owner and then the service provider who is responsible for what happens to the car.

It is very clear that unless and until you keep a hawk eye on the car some thing or the other is going to get swapped.

I don't know with other's but every squeak, vibration and the way the car moves over certain roads, ditches is know to me and if after service if the thing has been requested to specifically looked at and it disappears is OK but in return if some thing more comes up it goes right back to the garage for a explanation, if I get a reply that "that is nothing..it is normal" that guy had it from me.. . it is amazing that when you make a ruckus, throw names around go to the top how things get done in a hurry.[/quote']

I agree with you, Well problems happen with all cars, thats what i was trying to point out, i had a bad experience with my hyundai elantra, no one expects for the reverse gear teeth to be changed after 5k kms? i even spoke to the manager of hyundai motor plaza, his name is Roshan d'souza, i know him pretty well, after being surprised about the gearbox issues he gave me a discount on the repairs as the warranty was over, so my point is anything can happen to any car, not just ONE brand, hope you got my point,

cheers..

@insane79: All brands have problems occasionally. However, as log as they are adressed promptly and properly one is fine, as happened with your Elantra. On the other hand when there is an attempt to obfuscate the matter, install fakes spares, in general treat the customer as dirt then that becomes another matter. Unfortunately, we are hearing far too much about Skoda service. Also, they seem to make no attempt to fix the problem. Even if the dealer is at fault he is representing the company and untimately it is the company who is responsible. The financials are for the company to sort out with their dealerships.sgiitk2009-09-01 03:22:28

I fully agree with sgiitk.

Nothing in this world is perfect. People working in a company can err or do something irresponsible / unethical. Products can malfunction due to any reason. But as long as the principal company owns and rectify the mistake, compensates the customer properly and ensures that the same would not be repeated, every thing is OK and acceptable. Auto manufacturers worldwide have been recalling vehicles to replace problematic components, which have not even failed on majority of vehicles and nobody complains.

But here is Skoda failing to do anything on reported problems which are due to faulty parts, products not tested and customised for local conditions and ignorant / rogue dealers. In most of other countries, Skoda would have had to pay millions as damages for such irresponsible and unethical business practises. They are getting away with murder here, only due to absence of any prompt legal redressal system.

Knowledgable customers should boycott their products, inform all media channels and petition to all concerned Govt. departments for cancellation of their manufacturing licenses so that others may also be deterred from taking the customers for a ride.

@insane79: All brands have problems occasionally. However' date=' as log as they are adressed promptly and properly one is fine, as happened with your Elantra. On the other hand when there is an attempt to obfuscate the matter, install fakes spares, in general treat the customer as dirt then that becomes another matter. Unfortunately, we are hearing far too much about Skoda service. Also, they seem to make no attempt to fix the problem. Even if the dealer is at fault he is representing the company and untimately it is the company who is responsible. The financials are for the company to sort out with their dealerships.[/quote']

i agree with you, what happened to harish is terrible totally smiley3.gif

Also, see another thread where an innocent got taken in by Nummer enis/Roadworx. Saw that the Skoda site has a warning about unauthorised service mentioning Roadwerox in particular.I do not know how long has this been there. I though only Maruti suffered from unauthorised service stations - dime a dozen all over. sgiitk2009-09-02 04:57:28