suvirmathur

SKODA - Terrible Experience

Without Prejudice

1.      SKODA has failed to repair the vehicle in over 15 months despite the vehicle been sent to the workshop on approx. 16 occasions.

2.      That I had to bear loss of 2 tyres as a direct consequence of poor-repair work during this period, ie. Rs. 9181 x 2 = Rs. 18, 362. One tyre was subsequently replaced by Skoda

3.      That I have not been able to use the vehicle for these 15 months due to constant problems, incurring a loss of Rs.28,525 X 15 months = Rs. 4,27,875 towards my EMI's.

4.     That I have to undergo tremendous mental trauma owning to failure of the car. Incidences like the car engine emitting smoke / fumes in the middle of the road, car being sent to workshop repeatedly for the same problem, car being advertised as

Ohh Dear!! Another Skoda Service issue!! They build such wonderful cars and then they do this...Utterly dissapointing. Its High time Skoda Auto pull up their socks and take note of their useless dealership networks.

Sad saga of a Skoda, again failing to deliver upto its owner's expectations. I would also request you Mr Suvir to collect similar complaints from this and other automobile forums and place them as annexures with your petition filed in the Consumer Court to prove before the Bench that the company errs only too often producing cars with a shoddy quality and charging a premium. The dismal after sales service I hope you must have highlighted. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

anjan_c20072009-08-27 14:53:18

I do not recall any incident resembling this (details' date=' language, etc) on TBHP. May be we should post this URL there as well.,

[/quote']

Just done so

sgiitk2009-08-27 16:37:11

Every time I get the idea of even 'thinking' favorably of Skoda and it's products, one post comes along and throws a damp towel over the whole idea. That's the one and single reason for me to favor Hyundai's cars, may be they are low on status, but they make car's that are very reliable for the money you pay and their aftersales is sure 'eons' ahead of Skoda and at just a fraction of what you'd pay for a Skoda service. Service charges of my Elantra so far has been less than Rs.8000 in my almost three and a half years of ownership. Actually, just drove down from the beach with my family and we were complimenting the car for it's smooth and fuss free operation and what VFM it was, in today's context, where 1.2liter hatches are selling for 8 lakhs and our Elantra was just 9.3 otr.

Well, many posts that are highlighting the problems associated with skoda cars on team-bhp and this site. To me , this is a clear indication of the skoda's service centers which have employed engineers that are unable to deal with the problems, and thus unable to rectify it.Now, either those technicians have not been trained by skoda to deal with such problems or the skoda's service centers dont have the equipment, experienced technicians who can identify, rectify problems on the field with thier cars, even after being trained. If former is the case, yes, you can cast bad aspersions on Skoda.But, what if the latter is true--which seems to me is-- that the dealer's have not bothered to expend on equipments, diagnostic kits etc , they have not bothered to employ experienced technicians. It is no wonder, when a customer goes to thier service centers with a techinical problem, those technicians are unable to deal with it. Thus, the dealers are giving the skoda brand a bad name.

One is waiting to hear problems of VW's car owners. Because, if they too are facing such problems--even though there are not many VW cars on road, but still one or two case shall be suffice-- due to dealers service centers not able to deal with problems and thus unable to rectify it.! Well, than the second part of the above contention may be true. And that, this time the VW's dealers are giving a bad name to VW's brand.

DD, one doesnt think its legitimate comparing the korean car-manufacturer Hyundai cars with european car

manufacturer skoda. Or for the matter, comparing Japanese car manufacturer's cars with European car manufacturer's. They are a bit different in the way they do work,even though both have engines and other parts. If you were to bring an experienced technican from an independent Multi-brand service center and get your Hyundai elantra compared to let say, skoda Octavia 1.9L . The technican will tell you that even though both are generating torque, both have engines, etc.Yet, there is a marked difference in parts and the way in which they are doing it. Point is, compare European manufacturer cars with other euorpean manufacturer.

Quote R.Dhawan: 'DD, one doesnt think its legitimate comparing the korean car-manufacturer Hyundai cars with european car
manufacturer skoda. Or for the matter, comparing Japanese car manufacturer's cars with European car manufacturer's. They are a bit different in the way they do work,even though both have engines and other parts. If you were to bring an experienced technican from an independent Multi-brand service center and get your Hyundai elantra compared to let say, skoda Octavia 1.9L . The technican will tell you that even though both are generating torque, both have engines, etc.Yet, there is a marked difference in parts and the way in which they are doing it. Point is, compare European manufacturer cars with other euorpean manufacturer.<Unquote>.

Agreed, to me European build is slowly start to mean: "huge 'entry' load/huge service bill's"; sure it's akin to maintaining a 'tank': so much for 'tank' like build.

Hi suvirmathur, please most some bills you have paid and mails sent to Skoda. This is just to make sure that your case is valid since you posted only one post.

You can join Team-BHP and get advice from members who are similarly affected by Skoda.  

PS: I am not Skoda fan.

The issue with Skoda service in my opinon does not stem from poor technicians but poor management manning these technicians.

The dealers especially Skoda seem to have gained notority in fixing cars. It is a given that all dealers in India are swapping parts of cars, this is a generalized statement for all dealers and it is true, it varies to a smaller or larger degree, but if you have a new car please make sure that you use it carefully in the warranty period without it having to go for major parts replacements and then shift to your trustworthy local garage.

The business of suprious parts is going on a large scale not manufacturer is insulated. It is I guess because of the thin margins on which these dealers are working, no wonder newer garages are coming up like carnations etc who are bound to steal thunder in service in the years to come.

Main problem is lack of training, monitoring and strict action against erring dealers by Skoda. They have appointed the dealers and so they are responsible for their misdeeds. Skoda must also learn to interact directly with the customers and resolve their problems. But sadly their management is adopting a 'GORA SAHIB' attitude who think that India is a Banana Republic and we Indians are not worth talking to.

This management should be dismissed and thrown out of India.

No wonder these cars don't sell in Europe.....

the info you have provided is wrong, in few places in europe skoda sells more then its parent company VW, the RS variants of the skoda cars sell like HOT cakes in uk, france & many other countires in Europe, if you can provide a link regarding your facts then i will agree, in India its a different story of them acting like FOOLS but dont just spread any info just to create a bashing post, in INDIA skoda is run by hooligans but not in other parts of the world smiley1.gif

Yes in UK Skoda (though it is considered a budget brand) comes out in top 3 in reliability surveys. In India they are not testing and modifying the cars for Indian conditions before launching. They are saving money and Indian customers are becoming their guinea pigs. Our environment due to its heat, dust, humidity and pollution is different from Europe and this is what casuing the parts failure. These Skoda India fools do not even bother to change few pages in their Owner's manual as per our conditions.

I am not sure about how can a car emit smoke and stall at the middle of the road? that too being a new car!! The originator of this topic is not responding to the topic and by the points mentioned, its really not very clear about the issues.

Is anyone trying to validate what has been written here and make sure its the truth? Tomorrow if someone starts writing things about Hyundai/Maruti/Honda service, will it be taken with the same kind of responce??

I am not in favor of Skoda but are'nt we people jumping into conclusion without any validation??

I am sure that if the post has been raised it has been done after a lot of thinking and suffering.

Were is JD POWER the survey's started with a bang, they need to mark SKODA India on service, or is it that mag's don't seem to be interested in running their results anymore!!??

@Sharash: I think Suvir Mathur has been very specific, the Reg no, chassis no and also the finance co, so why should any one doubt him. He's probably not replying coz he's saddled with a huge problem and may be running from pillar to post in search of a solution. He has aired his grievance.

Someone has asked him to post the copies of bills; now what's to come out of it?

@Sharash: I think Suvir Mathur has been very specific' date=' the Reg no, chassis no and also the finance co, so why should any one doubt him. He's probably not replying coz he's saddled with a huge problem and may be running from pillar to post in search of a solution. He has aired his grievance.

Someone has asked him to post the copies of bills; now what's to come out of it?
[/quote']

I understand this. However, i still believe before running a 5 page post on the issue, shouldnt we get the topic starter to respond? Wont this harm the brand name (who ever it maybe)? In this case, SKODA India is already reeling under a huge Customer satisfaction issues.