anuprav

Confused Help me which car to buy

Hi folks,

I have been reading many comments on the forum about various makes and variants.

I have to upgrade from my present Esteem to a new sedan.

My choice is between SX4, fiesta petrol or diesel, Verna petrol or diesel, Honda City iVtec and Linea. Earlier I was also looking for Hatch Back variant but I have ruled out buying hatch back variants as with little more addition in my budget I can buy a good sedan.

I will be buying only the top end variant.

Features which I am interested is as below:

1. ABS with EBD

2. Airbags

3. Diver seat height adjustable

4. Mileage.

5. Powerful enginee with easy city driving

6. Electronic Power Steering (EPS)

7. Electronic OVRM's

8. Good Suspension

9. Ground clearance

10. Good quality interiors.

11. Steering controls

12. Good After sales service

I have test driven Punto, i20, verna, SX4, Dzire, Fabia, Jazz and accord.

Punto I liked it. Overall its ok But ASS I heard is bad and average is also around 10km/L.

Dzire is also good but poor quality interiors, JK typres and now it has become a common car. Every second car you will see swift or Dzire.

i20 in diesel is powerfull but noisy. Problem in gear shifting i.e. Clutch pressing and steering position is also not good.  Features wise no doubt good car.

Verna is OK but cheap look player. Interior so so.  Mileage may be good but no doubt some of the basic features are missing like EBD, Air Bags etc.

Accord heavy car also good car but in the price range some basic features missing.

Linea I have not yet tested so far.

Jazz expensive lacks in features.

I request from the forum to help me out deciding which car to buy.

hoping to hear from you soon.

Sx4 Zxi will be a good option for you.50000 discount is given by dealers.

got good features.Maruthi has revised its suspension. decent mileage of about 11-12 kmpl

6. Electronic Power Steering (EPS) is not available in SX4

@aman please refer to many threads for the same. I think there are few threads for your query which are discussed well and it would provide you all info you want.

@Anuprav, please specify your budget as you just cant think about Dzire or Sx4 when you are also considering an Accord. And if you are having that kind of budget, you should go in for Superb, thats the best.

And if you are in 8-10lac category then as per your requirements Honda City is good but interior quality isnt that great, but is safest bet of all, and also heard that a V variant is gonna launch by mid sept with better interior quality, so better wait. Else you can also look at Cruze but you have to again wait for that, so in any case, wait for some days and you will be satisfied.

thanks bluesapphire.  Accord I was just testing how good is the car. 

My budget is upto 10 Lakhs and maximum it can go upto 13-14 Lacs.

While doing TD of New Honda City the sales person did told me that in couple of days new version is coming of Honda City. Present new honda city does not have MP3 player nor its having alloy wheels.

Any how I am going to wait for somemore time.

Hope to hear more about cars from your side.

Jazz and city have nearly the same features, so if you feel Jazz features are less then so is the case with city.

Anyways did you test i20 automatic? Its automatic avatar is a rocket and automatic will be a boon for city.

Another car to look at will be Innova. It fulfills all you requirements, though it will cost you 11 lakhs OTR.

If you are ready to sacrifice interior quality a little bit, SX4 makes a good choice.

Fiesta has slightly less space, but is a good car overall.

The best bet would be to however wait for the refreshed City, which shall also fulfill all your requirements.

Had i been in this dilemma, I would have gone for either i20 automatic or City. The points that favour the automatic is the automatic gearbox, and the ease of driving a hatchback, while City is the best all rounder but for the premium tag.

PS: City has MP3 player, it does not have a disk player. Also if you buy SX4, change the tyres to michelin primacy lc immediately. They are excellent and have very less tyre noise.

Go for the SX4 zxi as per ur considerations & demands it comes out as the perfect choice or else wait for the new upgraded version of the City with alloys,foglamps,etc. If it got stuck into ur mind & it feels slightly upmarket too with good brand image. Otherwise the SX4 is better than it & comes with features like in the Civic.

Honda city...or verna > sx4 sux in personal expierience.

Verna is powerfull beast ! but the car is become old.

honda city has everything u specified and looks like a classy car..

i was to looking for mid size sedans but then i ruled out to better range > altis/civic

@anuprav: i will refrain form commenting since as has been rightly pointed out this is discussed in umpteen threads. being a newcomer to the forum you may not be aware of this. Please check. Also, find a good thread and ask the mods to merge this into that.

Honda city all new has been lanuched yesterday but sad to see they now also dont offer automatic climatronic AC and CD player is also not offered.  Any how friday I will test drive it.

Now more and more option are coming due to new launches like Cruze, SX4 diesel, Polo, Bravo and i30

My list is SX4, Linea, AVEO, Cruze, New Civic, Superb, Nissan, camry and in hatch back i30 (i20 is being ruled out due to something its lacking like steering position, tyre noise and enginee noise. AT in petrol will not be successfull. Leg space is less due to which one faces problem in pressing the clutch), Polo, Punto, Jaaz, Bravo and fabia if they come out with 1.4. 

Still get more and more confused smiley5.gif either to buy a premium sedan or a premium hatch back.

Accord heavy car also good car but in the price range some basic features missing.

basic features missing?? i thought Accord was the only car that honda had priced reasonably and had all the features. please clarify buddy

driftpunk2009-09-16 14:05:05

Honda city all new has been lanuched yesterday but sad to see they now also dont offer automatic climatronic AC and CD player is also not offered.? Any how friday I will test drive it.

?

Now more and more option are coming due to new launches like Cruze' date=' SX4 diesel, Polo, Bravo and i30

?

My list is SX4, Linea, AVEO, Cruze, New Civic, Superb, Nissan, camry and in hatch back i30 (i20 is being ruled out due to something its lacking like steering position, tyre noise and enginee noise. AT in petrol will not be successfull. Leg space is less due to which?one faces problem in pressing the clutch), Polo,?Punto, Jaaz, Bravo and fabia if they come out with 1.4.?

?

Still get more and more confused smiley5.gif?either to buy a premium sedan or a premium hatch back.
[/quote'] IF you are in for 10lac car then i can understand that you can exceed your budget for cruze but can you really go for superb or nissan teana, if yes then why to look at 10lac car if you can buy a 20lac+ car.

I finally bought the cruze for my company use.

Now for my personel use I am considering from the following:

1. Cedia

2. fiesta

3. ANHC

4. Optra

5. SX4

Do suggest me which one to go for.

Waiting for the reponses

It has to be the City or the Fiesta. I vote Fiesta 1.6 S in that electric blue shade from the advertisement. The City is more powerful though and has a slight edge in fuel efficiency as well. The Fiesta is a lot of fun to drive, superb steering and impeccable road manners. Looks better than the city in my opinion.

FRG

I agree with FRG about it being either City or Fiesta. But after the recent upgrade SX4 does make a good point and in my opinion the best value for money, and fully loaded with features, and also as per some reports there has been quality improvements. It is also more spacious than Fiesta.

We recently bought the ANHC and though I have not driven the car we dont regret the decision one bit, though if new SX4 had been launched earlier it would have made us think some more.

If you are satisfied with space and features go for Fiesta. If you wish for more space then look at SX4 and city because as BS said, at its price fiesta is the best car to drive.

Thats why i said, if you drive alone go for Fiesta, its cabin still feel fresh and sporty to me and full of quality, its built to last and can avail some good deals too. City is a good family car, and though less on features, low on price or whatever it may be, after buying it, be rest assured that you might miss some features but will never ever regret your decision for buying a HONDA for atleast 6-8years after seeing see your HONDA in good condition.

Although i am not planning for any Honda car for next few years, but still it gives you a good experience and peace.

I wont consider SX4. I dont feel there are any quality improvements.

yes SX4 there is no quality Improvement. 10 spooks alloys which do look impressive but the quality overall is not that appealing.  Maruti has in bold letters mentioned AUTOMATIC before SX4 by which they want to say that they have AT.

How about Cedia is it worth considering?  Less network and A.S.S ?

Cedia is a good product but only think of it if you can leave with extremely bad resale, and A.s.s. Like Ford, GM and fiat, there are no signs of Mitsubishi improving so be away from it.

And although 10spokes alloys looks good on pictures, they look too down market in reality, doesnt looks like alloys, previous one were much better actually. I have noticing since few years that unlike others, Maruti's are best at photography, there all cars looks too good with those additional accessories which are not even there as option and with that mind blowing fit and finish which they do not offer. And there are hell lot of variations in colors in website and in reality. Although many others are like this but they have good looking product so need not to picturize that beautifully but i suppose MS needs to do this..