anuprav

Confused Help me which car to buy

Manza is a new product from TATA and it has got no alloy wheels.  Manza is all together a different category.  It has to be compared with Dzire, Ikonanuprav2009-11-13 09:48:04

My vote too goes for Fiesta 1.6 among the list. Being an enthusiast driver, i have enjoyed driving my Fiesta for last 4 years. I preferred it over old city then, because the driveability of fiesta is excellent.

I suggest you take TD of both Fiesta and City and pick one that you feel comfortable. Both are good choices.

The new city has fresh looks and fiesta may come out in new form within next 1-2 years.

so I should now focus on Fiesta, City.

Optra also should I take off from the list?

Linea upgrading version if I am not able to buy this month as there is no point in buying in Dec month as it will effect when I am going to sell it.

so I should now focus on Fiesta' date=' City.

Linea upgrading version if I am not able to buy this month as there is no point in buying in Dec month as it will effect when I am going to sell it.
[/quote']

Omg ~  I thought u were buying cruze ? what happened ?

i would suggest go the city, its look better, its newer and more classy.Fiest is really nice but Honda vs ford ? Honda wins by a margin.

@anuprav

If you can tell your requirements it will be better for us to help you.

If space is not a concern go for fiesta, though ride will not be as soft as city, but driving will be real good, else you go for City. Fiesta trumps city only on the driving experience point.

If u saying you can push to 13 lacks then go for altis. It very comfortable ( you would know probally > on the cruze comparison discussion )

I prefer altis to civic.

If u saying you can push to 13 lacks then go for altis. It very comfortable ( you would know probally > on the cruze comparison discussion )

I prefer altis to civic.

I am not pushing my budget to 13 lacs +

It will be upto max 10 Lacs

I would not suggest Optra.

Apart from basic things, the Thumb rule is to buy a car thats new in mkt and that you feel will stay long enough in the mkt. So cruze seems a good choice from you in that segment.

In the smaller segment, City fits the bill better. Fiesta may get a facelift in next 2 years. But if you dont enjoy driving City(as in my case) , go for Fiesta 1.6 (its VFM) 

Linea is cool but it is too cool, it neither has the power to sprint nor stamina to do a marathon. If Linea had ivtec or fiesta 1.6 engine under its hood, it must have been top seller for sure.

If you are particular about Linea wait till they come out with powerful engine next year.

@anuprav
If you can tell your requirements it will be better for us to help you.

If space is not a concern go for fiesta' date=' though ride will not be as soft as city, but driving will be real good, else you go for City. Fiesta trumps city only on the driving experience point.
[/quote']

My requirements are:

1. All latest features

2. Good A.S.S.

3. Good FE

4. Brand and resale value

5. Strong Build

6. Spacious for 5

I would not suggest Optra.

Apart from basic things, the Thumb rule is to buy a car thats new in mkt and that you feel will stay long enough in the mkt. So cruze seems a good choice from you in that segment.

In the smaller segment, City fits the bill better. Fiesta may get a facelift in next 2 years. But if you dont enjoy driving City(as in my case) , go for Fiesta 1.6 (its VFM) 

Linea is cool but it is too cool, it neither has the power to sprint nor stamina to do a marathon. If Linea had ivtec or fiesta 1.6 engine under its hood, it must have been top seller for sure.

If you are particular about Linea wait till they come out with powerful engine next year.

I am not particular about linea as its sluggish.  If they bring out with new engine 1.6 so then I may consider but that too if the interiors are good and plastic parts of high quality.

Presently Linea is having very poor plastic parts.

city vs fiesta

[quote=anuprav

My requirements are:

1. All latest features

2. Good A.S.S.

3. Good FE

5. Strong Build

6. Spacious for 5

Since you havent mentioned driveability, Go for City!

Just have a good drive of both City and Fiesta before you finalize.

My requirements are:

1. All latest features

Both City and Fiesta dont have all the latest features. Linea is the most feature rich car followed by SX4.

2. Good A.S.S.

Fords A.S.S is questionable though reports are that prices are coming

down' date=' according to a current owner bills have started increasing after

two years of ownership.

3. Good FE

Again Honda is famous for its fuel economy, so no questions here either.

The city leads the prices in resale market, and trust over the H badge can be seen that it is selling more than all is rivals combined together(petrol), also considering fiesta is an older model, going to be replaced next year, its resale value will go further south.

5. Strong Build

Build is strong in both, Linea has the best build quality in the segment though.

6. Spacious for 5

This spells the end game for Fiesta. I felt it to be the least spacious c segment sedan, while Honda City is right up there among the most spacious.

[/quote']

Everything seems to favour City over the fiesta. So I think your choice is pretty clear.

With ANHC the problem is that low GC and suspension problem and a small big pot hole on the road can damage the vehicle and tear the tyres?  Will not able to sustain the big thud on the road.

I had faced the same issue with my earlier civic.  Hondas have problem with there suspension.  So Considering these thing will it be wise to buy ANHC at such a premium.

The revised ANHC has some tweaking to the suspension although they have not mentioned becuase thye probably did not want to admit that there was a problem in first place, but the dealer informed me, and I also live in Noida, and road condition is not that bad in Delhi, especially there are no big potholes that would cause such problems. The Linea MJD has GC just one more mm than City and I am sure if you ask linea owners, they would not have faced this problem either.

A better way to judge would be that you take the car for a test drive on your most frequent route and see if there is a problem. This is what we did, and it help us get over our fears.h

Hi guys. we are planning to buy a new car.

My requirements would be.

Looks

Mileage

performance

power

good leg room on back seat

and a very good after sales service

we had 3 options. swif dzire, Fiat Linea and Maruti SX4 beacuse of its new VVT engine.

as dzire doesnt have good leg space we have now zeroed in on SX4 and Linea.

which one would u recommend.SX4 and linea users please advise.

Hi guys. we are planning to buy a new car. My requirements would be.LooksMileageperformancepowergood leg room on back seatand a very good after sales servicewe had 3 options. swif dzire' date=' Fiat Linea and Maruti SX4 beacuse of its new VVT engine. as dzire doesnt have good leg space we have now zeroed in on SX4 and Linea.which one would u recommend.SX4 and linea users please advise.

[/quote'] Answers as per your requirement.

Looks - Linea scores better anyday, its best looking sedan in its segment but still its purely personal opinion.

Mileage - Again Linea is better than Sx4.

Performance - Well its a good car to drive but still Sx4 and other have better performance due to more power, but this has better Ride and Handling.

Power - Again, its adequate but still you might need for more power, thus Sx4 scores over here.

Good A.S.S - Maruti scores over it anyday. Though Fiat is trying hard to improve, there's lot of time for them to be the best.

Overall Linea is good than Sx4, its comfortable, better looking, more features, better quality, ride and handling at VFM price, but still if you are bent more upon Power, A.s.s and performance then look towards City or Fiesta, but then Fiesta will not be that comfy due to less space at rear.