swiftvxi06

Maruti Suzuki plans to launch new ALTO

Looks good in the version launched and being sold in Japanese market.

But, will it be launched in our market as it is ?  I doubt it.

But, I wish, Maruti Suzuki should bring in this without altering either the

good-looking interiors or the cute-exterior-dimensions.

looks like a tallboy 'avatar' of the a-star... smiley1.gif

anyway, don't think maruti would change the a-star within 2 years of its launch... and the so-called new alto may be a face-lift with the KB engine, along the same line as the estilo treatment...

The new Alto being much lighter, will pretty much be the most fuel -efficient car when it comes with the K-series engine. While the Santro is doing well, Hyundai hasnt done much to keep its shape modern. Maruti seem to be doing their job marginally better..Its just a stop gap measure till the VW-maruti small car makes it

For your kind information' date=' earlier engine of santro was not irde but the erlx

, 4 cylinder 1086cc 3 valves per cylinder engine.[/quote']
erlx and epsilon were essentially the same. erlx (I have one) was epsilon tweaked for EIII, nor more.

If Alto comes with the 1.0l K-Series engine, it would be an even nicer car.

However, I feel that the price will go up with the engine upgrade. So how will it be possible for Maruti to launch a cheaper version of Alto? With a 2-valves-per-cylinder de-tuned version of 1.0l K-Series engine?smiley3.gif

@bala :

It can cost less. Sometimes R&D helps reducing costs too. For example PC's. Computer and its peripherals now cost much less than what they were 2-3years back with improvement in technology and features. This k series must be such an engine which is both cheaper and more efficient than before. Do not forget that Maruti is going to have its new R&D centre in India. So expect even cheaper cars.

May be engine will be tuned to be just fine for the purpose. As long as it is fuel efficient and meets bs4 norms its fine for Maruti.

A 2 cylinder engine sounds ridiculous. I don't think it will ever go into production. Meanwhile, the 1-liter K-series is the strongest probable for Alto and Wagon-R. For Alto i think the power will be reduced for the sake of efficiency, and a cheaper Alto will be available with the current engine in the cities where n BS-4 norms are not applicable

The Alto has been Maruti Suzuki's flagship model. The Alto will be replaced with a K-Series engine to make BS IV compliant. Maruti Suzuki has been ruling the small car segment, it does not want to lose it other car maker.

Suzuki Alto, Wagon R to get 2, 3-cylinder engines?

Suzuki%20F8B%20Engine.jpgNew 3-cylinder engine promises

to pull down costs and deliver better fuel economy

We thought this was a joke. Until we read it on a reliable newspaper.

Financial Express reports Maruti Suzuki is working on a family of

engines that will replace the 800cc and 1,100cc on the Alto and Wagon R

respectively. The new engines, which are cheaper to make, will drive

down the cost of the models.

The new engine is codenamed YP3 and will come in two variants

BS4 likely to get delayed. Fuels and  manufacturers are not ready .I heard it will be postponed.  

BS-IV emission norms will not be delayed & are implemented as per schedule in the April this year as one of our biggest Private Refinery' date=' RELIANCE has started producing the BS-IV Fuel.....

Click this for more info:

The YP3 will be Maruti

BS-IV emission norms will not be delayed & are implemented as per schedule in the April this year as one of our biggest Private Refinery' date=' RELIANCE has started producing the BS-IV Fuel.....

Click this for more info:

[/quote']

RPCL only produced diesel and but there is no BS4 petrol here.

Whether it ill make a "phut-phut" sound depends a lot on tuning and i dont think MSIL will make bhp and torque similar to that of nano. Alto or Cervo which ever is coming is heavier than Nano and needs better P/W ratio.

Should be anything near or more than 50bhp for the Alto.

Good to find another Alto owner. We can have some discussions regarding our car in futuresmiley20.gif

sb-alto2010-02-02 19:03:20

Suzuki Alto' date=' Wagon R to get 2, 3-cylinder engines?

Suzuki%20F8B%20Engine.jpgNew 3-cylinder engine promises to pull down costs and deliver better fuel economy

[/quote']

Hahaha............   Very funny man.....

The above pic is just for making the fool(the Indianautosblog website).

As visible from the sketch the pic you posted here under the tag of the new engine is just the pic of More than 2 decades old F8D engine which powers the M800, noticed & confirmed by,

-Same type of shape & structure of Engine's Block & Head.

-2-valves per cylinder.

-SOHC(Single Overhead Camshaft).

-Arrangement of pulleys.

-Distributor Point-type Ignition coil.

-Oil-level Dipstick position.

-Head Cover,etc

You can also confirm this by visually checking the above mentioned stuctures in 4 & 5th point from your Alto too as the Same engine powers it but with just the New & Different Head design....

:D. creativebala, 2-cylinders engine do sound that way but once tweaked, they could remain silent but their trademark sound will always remain. I'm personally against Maruti going for a 2-cylinder engine in the Alto

For me' date=' A* itself is not acceptable for its NVH, so ALTO 2 potter is a strict No..No..No[/quote']

hey, don't forget that Suzuki is amoung the best in building  small petrol engine, even VW intertest to get Suzuki's small engine.

readmore http://suzukifan.com/2010/02/02/maruti-suzuki-has-been-working-on-a-new-engine-codename-yp3-to-replace-alto-and-wagon-r/

I won't mind a 2 Cyl. motor. Technology is moving & innovations are taking place overnight. Just think of it how frugal it would be in terms of manufacturing & running costs.

Till then keep us(all Alto owners) fingers crossed & try to keep our Loved Altos' in the Good Condition.........

Who know Maruti might Implant a Yamaha RD's type(Performance wise, not in a design) twin cylinder powerplant in it.......... !!!     smiley3.gif
dr_nishu2010-02-03 18:45:56