swiftvxi06

Maruti Suzuki plans to launch new ALTO

Maruti-Suzuki-Logo.jpg

Maruti Suzuki plans to introduce Maruti Suzuki plans to introduce its facelifted Alto to meet the upcoming Bharat IV emission norms. The car which was ruling the Indian passenger car market for past many years will get a new KB series engine. Maruti might use the tuned down engine of A-star to keep the cost under check and give Chevrolet spark and Hyundai Santro a run for its money.

Maruti Suzuki MD & CEO S Nakanishi said,

they have no choice but to put in new engine under the hood. It will add more VFM to bit old and exhausted Alto. with the new engine, the alto will give a very tough competition to Spark, but i don't think Santro will be affected by it. both cars are from different segments after all.

i also have doubts over the engine capacity of upcoming alto, I don't think Maruti will put 1ltr engine under the hood.

ya .they will make some adjustments to the existng engine & launch alto.minor tweaks in styling ,graphics,colours,will be there.

they are even trying to tune M800 engine for E 4 emissions ....

Santro is already selling in good numbers (and have better design thn alto), hyundai just need to make its engine compatible to upcoming norms.

Alto is already facing stiff competition from spark.

All the cars will get refined engines before April'10 to meet new pollution regualtion (Euro-IV)

Either they will fine tune the engine or modify the cateletic converter.

So Alto ans santro also will get new engines soon

dude....irde..engine is same santro engine but with some emission tweaks.not much changes
smiley36.gif

For your kind information, earlier engine of santro was not irde but the erlx

, 4 cylinder 1086cc 3 valves per cylinder engine. This engine was different from its competition as it runs the 3 valves per cylinder layout which uses 2 exhaust and 1 inlet valve. But the new irde engine, which is already used in i10, is 4 cyclinder, 4 valves per cylinder engine.

and if you still do think apart, then i will request you to go to any hyundai service center, and ask them. those people are very polite to give you all the information.

Facelifting might only include some change in head light,tail light,new chrome garnished grill,new hub caps,beige interiors or 2 tone interiors like santro and new design seats like santro nothing else should be expected here. Also might get an option of 1 airbag like the Spark.

Post edited

Note from mod: Use Capital letters where required & avoid the use of "-----".
BornFree2009-12-16 15:23:57

New Alto = Ugly stickering on the old Alto, some chrome at wierd places, fabric seat covers and maybe a new grille in front!

OR, Spoil the looks of it completely by doing something very drastic!

This is what can be expected!!

Nice car to look on & definitely it'll be launched in end 2010 or early 2011, but most probably not as a new Alto but might be as new & rectified A* with improved/better headroom, legroom & boot space over the current car.

But do anyone here from this forum knows or might have seen the new upcoming alto with new Euro-IV engine.

As I've read only this month or two back in a newspaper.

Come on, spy photographers or informers where are you !!!