CYRUS43

Chevrolet Cruze Test Drive Report.

Thanks for the TD of a highly anticipated car. True GM's fortunes depend to a large extent on the success of this car & it doesn't seem to disappoint. Rather, makes a strong case for itself.

Finally there is seems to some worthy competition to the Altis & Civic. Im not mentioning Octy. here because its too old to be in contention still. While Skodas other offering - Laura might see its share falling to this.

Keyless/button start is a first for the segment & I really wanted to see this feature in this segment. Though I was expecting one of the Japs. to take the lead but Cruz has surprised.

I guess steering is also Telescopic, another plus for the segment & comfort for the driver. If seats could also be electronically adjusted!

Handling seems to be fine but I personally do not like stiff ride at City speeds. Luxury cars should be more comfortable than sporty specially for our Country where high speeds cannot be achieved & roads are pot holes ridden.

GM should provide a 15k service interval with 3-4yrs warranty to instill more confidence. Also, dealerships should be spruced up & customer friendliness be the policy.

Finally GM should not jump the Civics/Altis price range & if they can undercut them, GM has a sure shot winner! Toyota needs to wake up now & bring in their Corolla diesel.

A perfect answer to the perfect rivals with a perfect weapon-The CRUZE.

The car with ultimate looks,power,engine,interiors even i think it will also be priced perfectly. N i like it. Especially its new stippled Chevy logo.

If its in range of 13, then it might affect other's sale, but thing is are people gonna accept this beatiful & sensible car from a bankrupt company also chevy doesnt commands resale and snob value after some years for same model. But i am ready to buy it anyday if i am in that range.

This seems like one heck of a premium sedan. Only downside right now before launch to me is Civic type of rear ( big thumbs down from me) and would you still put your hard earned 13-14 lacs on a GM. Lets wait for launch and prices to comment further.

Only downside right now before launch to me is Civic type of rear ( big thumbs down from me) and would you still put your hard earned 13-14 lacs on a GM.

Civic is a well received car, I don't see much wrong in copying some bits from it! After all Civic had Jetta's rear as inspiration!

I think shelling out similar amount to Civic/Altis won't be a problem because lets not forget, its going to be diesel Cruz pitted against the 2 petrols & considering Indian markets increased interest in diesels, one can expect to see Cruz cruising through!

Also, if Captiva is anything to go by, people it seems are ready to shell out big bucks for GM!

And if Top-end is available at around 14lac, then you get more features, diesel engine, modern car with modern styling than other competitors. And if GM does what we are thinking regarding pricing then it will be concluded that GM has arrived in India with a bang and has learnt many things from past. Otherwise its same old Gm pricing it high initially and then give high discounts resulting in poor resale and snob value

Civic is a well received car' date=' I don't see much wrong in copying some bits from it! After all Civic had Jetta's rear as inspiration!

[/quote']

Well its just that the rear has been quite common after seeing the Civic. Also the sudden bulge of taillamps is not upto my taste.

P.S. : Obviously i love Civic's rear!

Well regarding Petrol engine i dont think they are launching it now, it will probably come 2010, for now we only have a Diesel engine and thats the USP.May be it has got a 14lac tag, but still nobody can confirm it until its launched. I think all journos have driven it and thus its in public image now, so why to delay the launch, Navratras have started and i think this is the best time to launch as Dhanteras, dusshera, diwali are best time to launch. I think it will get launch by Octber 1st week at max.

bad news for all - this cars basic model is 14 lacks ( ex dehli showroom price )petrol and + they haved delayed the launch. :(

this sucks.. they priced it bad !! smiley6.gif

GM guys have conformed that it will be 11.5 to 13.5 lacs..

Basic model cant be priced it 14 lacs. It's a fake news..

Beg to differ here....

Ijust want to knowhow you guys out there claim that prices are HIGH? I dont think anyone apart from selected couple of Autocar Indianshave driven this car

Morover cars like CIVIC dont stand chance infront of this car.Jetta is an established product & the investments for it has been already recovered,sono need to over price it

Cruze was developed on tracks of Finalnd rally,driven for months nonstop from Tennessee to Florida, Sarisota, New Jersey, California covering million kilometers per test module.And there were 1500 such modules run

And when your sick back your brain having taken the beating of a hitler boss @ office,and then you drive back home,you get a blue lounge ambience in the cabin,comfy seats,quick engine, quickcooling AC, then you'll be bound to rethink that youve over invested

How about a billion dollar development recovery?

I have been in this industry intothe same lines that develop products & I tell you - every ounce of our hard work that gets converted is either liked or disliked in a jiffy by masses.Think of  200 hours of office before you back home...& then if the product doesnt click,then either you lose that job or some one else does!

BTW it doesnt matter what we think & pour out here,the man with his money would buy this car & so will someone amongst us one day

No offences meant to any. This is a good price. Enjoy