turbocharged

New Hero Honda Karizma ZMR FI launched!

Even now it gives around 16-17Bhp, so whats the difference, and why the hell they changed headlight man, the previous one looked really cool and suited a big sized bike like this. And why pulsar like cheap looking rear mud-guard, the previous one to me was one of the smartest looking and clean mud-guard without much design and reflectors in it. I think i will go and check this out but still thats not a good work by HH, and even fit and finish seems poor.

Some pics from CC.

karizma-zmr-321.jpg

karizma-zmr-5.jpg

karizma-zmr-42.jpg

karizma-zmr-22.jpg

karizma-zmr-12.jpg

From the pics:

1.) Look at that classy looking Digi console, man that looks just awesome.

2.) Fuel tank looks plane without stickers, the previous golden Karizma sticker was good.

3.) Seems they have copied rear lights from yamaha Gladi's JA edition, Head lights from Suzuki 150R, Split grab rails from their own Xtreme and those stickers from the mighty HayaBUSA. And ofcourse that cheap looking rear mud-guard from Pulsar.

Its yuck! super flop there is no pride for this  bike  come on  it a  suzuki GS150. With only 17bhp oooofffffff!!!! I won't even read ACI roadtest for this . The previous one was better.

Old switchgear remains. Rear view mirrors in the old location have just been covered with nuts. Seat, Tank remains same.

Integrated tail lamp and indicators without clear-lens. Same shocks. Same engine. New PGM-Fi unit (supposedly).

I suspect Bajaj knew this Zmr's shortcomings & launched their P220 as the "fastest indian" nearly two months ago. The sad part is, even though internationlly this 223 cc engine is used, HH in no way can modify it. This means HH would have begged Honda Japan for a better top end & Fi, but it got a raw deal of 0.6 Bhp increase ( or rather nothing ). i'm assuming Honda did this because it would have conflicted with one of their own future launches, say, a 250 cc bike to compete with Kawasaki's upcoming Ninja 250 & maybe Yamaha's further launches.

What a dissapointment! Why does Hero Honda think that people did not appreciate the looks and tried to overhaul the bike only in the looks department??

Come on HH, plonk a higher revving engine! Biking enthusiasts are ready to pay the premium!! Please!!!

the bajaj P220 looks better to this new HH Karizma PGM-FI
Still to me its better than P220, to me P220 is worst looking bike ever but yes new Zma doesnt look as good as before.

And it has now gas charged shocks, and change in shocks wasnt necessary as i think that it has pretty good ride and with gas charged i think it will be better.bluesapphire2009-09-21 10:05:23

Actually after seeing some high resolution pics in which all the colors looks much better and also the finish, i think it isnt that bad, its like Extreme, for 1st few days it wasnt looking that good after sometime people were in queue for it, but mind well it is not like Pulsar220 or Dzire for which people thinks that they look bad but it will grow on us.

Here are some pics.

33593232.jpg

hh2y.jpg

New_Karizma_ZMR_blue_shade_4.jpg

See the red one, its actually looking good.

I am going to check this our tomorrow.bluesapphire2009-09-21 15:48:32

no pal, even hero honda karizma is the same gene of honda"S v cult. ... but, now honda is going in a seperate path in india.. so hero honda is trying to do sumthing new and best.. let us see... zma-fi will answer.. coz zma-r itself is enuf to giv its sh*t to apache, p220, and stunner. and zma-fi will be taking a trial to face ninja soon... always zma is ahead from all.

-dinesh