creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

On the other hand : It would be interesting to see the impact of Etios Liva & Honda Brio on Polo's waiting period. Launch of both these cars might reduce the waiting period of Polo by around 50%.
Etios liva is no where in the competition with polo , the quality of etios is a proof of it. but yes brio can affect its sales subject to it has the space ,quality , robustness in comparison to polo, though does not seem like having it.

As far as unsatisfactory before sales service is concerned, yes it is a truth. VW should exercise some control over dealers to avoid negative feedbacks. Though no negetive response about after sales guys.ashikawa2011-01-30 08:15:59

Hi, my brother went to take delivery of Polo and they had 1.6L ready for us instead of 1.2L. SO we will get the car tomorrow as it was too late and we needed some accessories to be fitted.

The reason for my post is that in new 2011 model there are couple of changes. Now polo has electornic control exterior mirrors. But they took out all window control from driver side and now car only has individual control on each window. Also you can no longer open windows from remote.

The reason for my post is that in new 2011 model there are couple of changes. Now polo has electornic control exterior mirrors. But they took out all window control from driver side and now car only has individual control on each window. Also you can no longer open windows from remote.

Is this you are talking about indian polo? Please give more details about what changes VW has made in 1.2 cars. Please give all details.

Yeah my brother is buying Polo in india. I dont know about all models but my post refers to highline models. I don't think there will be any changes to trendline as it does not have any electronic windows, may be to comfortline. You may have to confirm from dealer tho. they wanted INR 4,500 more for that feature(electronic exterior mirrors) but after arguing with the manager we manage to get it without paying anything extra. If you have booked Polo before prices went up you don't need to pay anything extra as 2011 has that feature added/deleted to the car.

VW POLO car of the year --- BIG TIME DISLIKE .... VW Sucks ! finally today we received our repayment for the 4 polo cancellations ... after making lot of efforts and noise ... sadly to know later on the cheque is dated 7th feb .... after a cancellation amount of     rs 5000 /- ... Have informed 100's of my friends and family members never ever buy a VW !!!!

VW POLO car of the year --- BIG TIME DISLIKE .... QUOTE] 
I can understand your pain. i myself waiting for delivery , it is almost 4 months now. But still i know that it is the best option available and the wait is worth. Hope VW will improve the way dealers respond to its customer and will fasten up deliveries. ashikawa2011-02-04 09:50:50

dear all VW fans, after reading all the reviews i really get surprised by the delivery situation of VW polo and still people really running behind it and waiting for months together. there are too many good cars available in India with very less lead time and with a good price and features.

I do not think this thread to be further continued where you will only find painful more stories of VW

dear all VW fans, after reading all the reviews i really get surprised by the delivery situation of VW polo and still people really running behind it and waiting for months together. there are too many good cars available in India with very less lead time and with a good price and features.

I do not think this thread to be further continued where you will only find painful more stories of VW

We have to continue as we have already waited for 4 months and now we are about to get a delivery. Who will like to cancel a booking at this stage and again start for searching new options.

VW wants to remain premium brand so NO big production numbers Swift Diesel is not loosing customer because of waiting so why so much fuss in case of VW
Correct, but at the same time the company is earning a bad reputation, there are people like me who already waiting for 4 months and with extended dates of delivery but still not cancelling the booking, however with a bad experience in mind for ever. Today i don't advise anybody to buy a polo, because i don't want to make myself a joker in front of all my friends/co-workers.

Today evening I received a called from the customer care asking my review about the dealer right from booking till the delivery and after that.

I was asked many questions one by one like how was my booking experience, how was the sales team's response to my queries, how was the delivery, how was the overall experience dealing with the dealer, would I suggest anyone to deal with the dealer I got my car from, would I make any future purchase from this very dealer and many more such questions.

All the questions had 5 choices to select from:

- Extremely Satisfied

- Very Satisfied

- Fairly Satisfied

- Not so Satisfied

- Not Satisfied at all

I rated the dealer attitude in the "Not Satisfied at all" category and also said that I would never recommend any of my known persons to purchase a car from them. I had a very bad and unfriendly experience with the dealer.

VW is very customer centric company I own 1.2 Polo was delivered with in 3 months of promised time and I have atleast given 3 feedbacks on phone and 1 detailed feedback with questionaire filled personally.

After sale I've never recevied any call from Suzuki 'sor Tata's regarding buying or dealer experience.

This may come as a surprise or a shock to all of you. But, its the truth. I received my Polo 1.2 - comfortline in less than a week's time.

I visited the showroom last Saturday and I was told that the car was ready, the same model and color I was looking for. The car was delivered on Thursday evening. :)

After reading so many negative comments/threads about VW sales, service.. I didn't experience any of them. Everything went smoothly and I truly believe this to be a divine intervention; which people typically say "very lucky" .

Here are my observations:

1) Many people probably thousands of them have booked VW cars from the time the car was made available to the market. The dealers have taken the booking.

2) Since, VW couldn't deliver the car on time (slight delay), many bookings were cancelled, but the dealers still received the car and sold it to others.

3) If you are lucky, you may get a car that was cancelled by someone else and quickly!

4) All sales people are pressed for targets, just like in any field. There is no point in yelling at them as I have always told. I completely understand how you would feel if the dealers delayed the delivery.

5) There are chances that they may try to make some money for early delivery.

6) The supply of Polo's have increased.

Note from Mod: Use normal fonts & sizes while posting. Also, no salutations/signoffs.

sgiitk2011-02-10 10:17:39

<FONT face="Times New Roman' date=' Times, serif" size=2>Hello Everybody,This may come as a surprise or a shock to all of you. But, its the truth. I received my Polo 1.2 - comfortline in less than a week's time.[/quote'] congrates, avinash, you are really lucky. i know a person in mumbai who got the car in a week's time. Its true. unfortunately people like me who have booked in october 10, 1st week are the sufferers. anybody who enquired in February 11, like yours case got a car without hassles. this is the reason i didn't cancelled my booking. because i did not want to loose the car which is to be delivered this month after 1 and half month's delay and also cancellation will give a chance to the dealer to earn from both sides(5k cancellation charges and premium from other customer + increased price w.e.f. jan 1st). This is the reason i advised here in the forum that delay is worth, one should not cancel a booking. Do post review with a lot of pics of your beautiful possession. BTW which colour/fuel option you bought. ashikawa2011-02-06 13:42:47

Hi everyone. Just today booked a VW Polo Diesel Trendline. My god!! The dealer wont even offer for free mudflaps or the mats. forget about other stuffs.!!

by the way .. chekced in other forums and they say the trendline doesnt come with Chrome strip(in d front) whereas the brochure shows that wheel covers are standard in trendline. any idea regarding this??

*Edit* I meant both Wheel covers and the Chrome strip. and what is this issue on the VW logo going on?? Rs.1600 for that.!! I did not quite get it.

Note from Mods: use proper punctuation, and NO SMS LINGO/Spelling.

sgiitk2011-02-10 10:20:08

*Edit* i meant both Wheel covers and the Chrome stirp. and whats this issue on the VW logo goin on?? 1600 rs for tht.!! i dint quite get it.

The only difference between TL and CL is ( driver seat height adjust + body colour door handles and ORVM + metallic colour choice + rear seat 60:40 split+ rear power window) these features are not there in Trendline(TL). except everything is same in both the trims. As far as logo and wheel covers are concerned they cost around 1654/- for fr. logo, around 8000/- for rear logo boot opener and 1600/- for each wheel cover.

BTW, Congrats on booking a polo. ashikawa2011-02-10 08:36:11

Yes,  the comparison I know. but ma point is. the brochure of new Polo states wheel covers are Standard in Trendline. so need not spend on that.

Trendline does not have the front logo is it??

A short post with multiple errors. This will not do. MODS

sgiitk2011-02-10 10:22:25

yah the comaprision i know. but ma point is. the brochure of new polo states wheel covers are Standard in Trendline. so neednt spend on that.

Trendline doesnt have the front logo is it?? :o

whatever prices i have qutoed is ,if somebody steal your logo or wheel cover than the replacement cost will be like this. Yes it is standard on trendline. Myself also booked a petrol trendline.

It looks funny to me that they charge for LOGO ..Oh god

I cant understand the Front logo bit. Are they charging you extra to put a LOGO on your car?? REALLY??

logo(both fr.and Rr.) is a standard fitment in all the polo's irrespective of their trim level.

Yes' date='  the comparison I know. but ma point is. the brochure of new Polo states wheel covers are Standard in Trendline. so need not spend on that.

Trendline does not have the front logo is it??
[/quote']

The logo is a Standard equipment for all car.

Rest, Wheel covers are the standard fitment across Trendline & Comfortline variants, whereas Highline comes with Alloy Wheels.

Prices mentioned specifically above are of its Genuine Parts/Accessories, just because the talks going on there.

Anyways, Congrats for booking Polo TL & hope you'll get it soon.  
dr_nishu2011-02-10 17:04:52