anirudh

Fiat palio petrol-fuel gauge problem

hi.my palio petrol fuel gauge is permanently stuck at zero and as per the tata fiat service centre at bareilly is unrepairable-can only be replaced-cost is prohibitive vis a vis the value of the car. ive been suggested that the same can be sourced ex delhi in the old car markets-can anyone guide me where.if tele number mil jaye of some contact person who can suggest likely cost( i beleive the kabaadis these are smarter and can demend exorbitant prices even for such parts).thanks

Get the Fuel Gauge checked at 4-5 Local Garages. May be they can free-up the Lockup of Fuel Gauge.

You can Search for New Fuel Gauge at Local Spare Parts Store or other TASS.

From where did you carried that freeing job? From TASS or Local Garage? IF TASS, then give a try at some Local Garages. Local Garages are sometimes better than Authorised Service Station people. Also tell me how was the freeing done last time? Means what process did they carried out?

Dnt want to start another thread hence i ask this question here-what life can i  expect out of my  PALIO 1.2 petrol which has clocked 47000 km in the past 5 years-can the car last another 5 years or so-what are the chances of it being phased out,i mean with respect to spare availibility-i want to keep it for at least that time

Yes, those should be tubeless - go to a tyre dealer and look at the tyre. It should say tubeless on the sidewall.

As for spares availability - its anybody's guess. Getting parts in smaller cities has always been a problem with FIAT.

Dnt want to start another thread hence i ask this question here-what life can i  expect out of my  PALIO 1.2 petrol which has clocked 47000 km in the past 5 years-can the car last another 5 years or so-what are the chances of it being phased out' date='i mean with respect to spare availibility-i want to keep it for at least that time[/quote']

Keeping a car running is very much dependent upon spares availability, but at the same time if an owner is hell bent upon keeping his car full of life and energy, nothing can stop him.The car will run.

Especially in our country two and four wheelers run for many, many years if cared for. Look at the Daewoo cars. The company is dead and gone (took rebirth of course as GM ) but the Cielos and Matiz's keep on running.

And for a company like Fiat which has long term interests in the country, one should expect OE spares availability for the Palio till at least a decade.After OE spares become scarce, the grey market is always there!