chennaichris

My next car - Advice please

Dear Members

I currenly own  an Hyundai accent GLE  now and am thinking of selling it and buying a new car in the range of 7 to 10 lakhs.

Optra Magnum looks powerfull but what about its resale value ?

Elantra is fully loaded and again what about its resale value ?

Scorpio looks great but would I feel the same comfort like the Hyundai accent atleast ?

Toyota Corrolla seems perfect  or am I missing something else ?

Please help me decide on my next car. I am not willing to sacrifice comfort and ride quality for anything else.

My Top choices are Corrolla and Scorpio but Im open to all of your suggestions

Dear Members

I currenly own  an Hyundai accent GLE  now and am thinking of selling it and buying a new car in the range of 7 to 10 lakhs.

Optra Magnum looks powerfull but what about its resale value ?

Elantra is fully loaded and again what about its resale value ?

Scorpio looks great but would I feel the same comfort like the Hyundai accent atleast ?

Toyota Corrolla seems perfect  or am I missing something else ?

Please help me decide on my next car. I am not willing to sacrifice comfort and ride quality for anything else.

My Top choices are Corrolla and Scorpio but Im open to all of your suggestions

Hi Chris,

I made the choice of going for the Elantra GLS, two years ago to replace my 6 year old Accent GLS. The choice was limited at that point of time. But now you have the stonking Optra Magnum 2.0. The Corolla is become too common place now. If you can extend your budget probably the Civic can also be factored in. Scorp is in for an engine change imminently so beware. If resale value is your prime concern, then Corolla is you car. If resale value is not factored in there are soo many cars available, even you can get a good deal on your Accent by any Hyundai dealer and stick by Hyundai. I have had the Elantra GLS for 2 years now, and it's been a fine car soo far.

the Elantra is Sure to loose its resale value as its pretty much outdated.

The Optra Magnum is surely the car for you ( i meant the Diesel) if you drive around or above 1200 kms . the Corolla is good but it is expected in facelift version soon in the Next year. the Scorpio is too is good but it is you who should test drive Both and see your following reuqirements and then Decide

Soo you have 2 options now Optra Magnum and the Scorpio  also try the INNOVA.

Dude.. I wld say go for the Optra magnum coz it is a diesel and fun to drive too coz of its power and all... Overall cost of ownership is Ok.... Scorpio is good... but the handling still sucks sorry to say tht but it does let every1 down on tht even the new avatar is bad one... the best option is the Corolla....

See it all boils down to what you want, the Corolla although a good car is a petrol while the Optra is a diesel. I would take the diesel, because of its power delivery and also because I would save a lot at gas stations.

FRG

As for the resale, you have not indicated how many years you typically keep a car. If this is long (say fove or more) then the resale will be almost the same for most of the cars. On the other hand if it is two to three years then there will be larger variations in the resale value. Also, the variant - the resale is almost totally controlled by the cheapest variant available.

Well everyone is saying to go for optra magnum and you also have a choice on corolla, first decide what do you want petrol or diesel if you travel more then optra is final but if you travel less then corolla is better than the petrol optra.

Well everyone is saying to go for optra magnum and you also have a choice on corolla' date=' first decide what do you want petrol or diesel if you travel more then optra is final but if you travel less then corolla is better than the petrol optra.[/quote']

yea Petrol Optra is not that good but Diesel is definately a choice but if you are trying the Corollla i would always as a customer of Honda civic would suggest you to go in for the civic.

the choice is yours between the Magnum Diesel and civic.

Ok tahnks chennaichris but do tell us your budget and your average monthly running which will help us to suggest you better of the 2 the optra magnum , the corola or the civic.

Budget is about 10.5L MAX 11L.

I drive about 1000 to 1200Kms per Month .. But it will increase to atleast 1500Kms pm later.

Also Does GM has any tie up with other service centers ?

A very general question..

What happens whan a car like Octavia or Optra Magnum breaks down in the middle of a remote town  or something ?

Maruti and Hyundai seem to have service centers almost everywhere :)

well by seeing your avergae monthly running i can surely without any doubt suggest you for the Optra Magnum Diesel i dont know about the GM tie up with other service centres it will be better if you ask the GM dealer itself,

Mostly Any car wont brake in like that and inace it happens jut call your 24 hrs GM helpline or the Dealer fom were your car was purchased,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Thanks for all the excellent responses so far.

I will keep you all posted about my decision.

Yup all most all big car manufacturer provide 24*7 service... so go in for the Optra magnum dude and post a pic too....

without a second thoguht i would prefer the Chevy Magnum Diesel. i even hope they have good srvice back up  and incase your car brakes down just call your dealer or the 24x7 Helpline . also seek best deals for this Diwali , happy diwali too.pryas2007-11-07 12:19:25

With a budget of 7-10 lakhs you can afford to buy something sturdy and luxurious.I would suggest you wait till the month of February and check out the New Sumo Grande.might jusst be the thing you are looking for.

well can you wait a while?.... till the new hyundai elantra is launched?..... might be a real good option..... if in a hurry go for optra magnum..... more exclusive than corolla.... and a upgraded version(optra).... while the corolla is going to be outdated soon(probably not effect current users much but still)

hey chennaichris,my advice.....

if ur woried bout ur car breakin down at night ......go in for the corolla......it is rock solid.i hav a couple of friends who've used the corolla for almost 4 yrs now,nd that too with rubber burnin drivin style.nd you kno how many times they hav hd problems with thier car?0!!!not a single problem!!till date!!thats the quality of toyota!!

but there is a prob though....its gonna get phased out in a couple of months.theres a new corolla cummin.but its gonna be more expensive.plus the new model wont affect resale value much coz after all its a toyota!nd dat too a corolla!so if your not worried bout the phasing out part i'd say go in for the corolla,coz its pretty much rock solid!!!but if you wanna take chances with your hard earned money i'd say the next best bet is the optra magnum!!

so cheers!