rakeshsinha

Compare Cruz with Civic, Altis, Laura, Jetta

1.9 ambiente vs cruze LTZ-->

the laura ambiente is the lowest varient(in diesel) and ltz is the top varient and the price difference is over a lakh(ex showroom delhi)' date=' i wonder is it justified?, here are my takes on some aspects-
[/quote']

For me living in mumbai..i pay way more on tax - smiley7.gif

am buying on thane dilivery - cruze top end i get for 14 lacks.. and 1,9 ambiente for 14.69... so that why i compare.

i woudnt compare Laura 1.9 with Cruze as cruze is far ahead in power. Even with low quality interiors, cruze will win leapbounds in its favour.

Its not fair to compare Laura 2.0 L&K with Cruze either, as L&K is much superior but at a very high premium ( in a different price segment altogether).

GM has done terrific job by positioning a high power diesel engine along with some new features in price segment that makes it a winner.

So that leaves us with comparing Laura 1.8 TSI and Cruze. It is still unfair to compare them due to petrol / diesel difference. But if we are talking of almost comparable power cars in same price range ignoring fuel type or FE, my vote goes for TSI.

1) For Exteriors, Cruze may have slight advantage with its new muscular look but Laura isnt bad either. I personally like the look of Laura.

2) When i sat in Cruze and then in Laura TSI, i found Laura quite rich. The visibility for driver is much better, legroom and headroom is better too. Beige interiors + good quality.

3) Drive - TSI is clear winner from power, stability and handling but cruze stands among best in diesel cars. i would have loved traction control in cruze though.

4) Laura loses out for sure on fear for high maintenance cost and bad A.S.S.

so if i were to pick between them i wd pick TSI and change to leather seats. And hope that skoda honestly work on improving their ASS (remember Ford had very bad image few years back for thier maintenace cost & ASS but they have turned it around since their fiesta launch)

i woudnt compare Laura 1.9 with Cruze as cruze is far ahead in power. Even with low quality interiors' date=' cruze will win leapbounds in its favour.

Its not fair to compare Laura 2.0 L&K with Cruze either, as L&K is much superior but at a very high premium ( in a different price segment altogether).

GM has done terrific job by positioning a high power diesel engine along with some new features in price segment that makes it a winner.

So that leaves us with comparing Laura 1.8 TSI and Cruze. It is still unfair to compare them due to petrol / diesel difference. But if we are talking of almost comparable power cars in same price range ignoring fuel type or FE, my vote goes for TSI.

1) For Exteriors, Cruze may have slight advantage with its new muscular look but Laura isnt bad either. I personally like the look of Laura.

2) When i sat in Cruze and then in Laura TSI, i found Laura quite rich. The visibility for driver is much better, legroom and headroom is better too. Beige interiors + good quality.

3) Drive - TSI is clear winner from power, stability and handling but cruze stands among best in diesel cars. i would have loved traction control in cruze though.

4) Laura loses out for sure on fear for high maintenance cost and bad A.S.S.

so if i were to pick between them i wd pick TSI and change to leather seats. And hope that skoda honestly work on improving their ASS (remember Ford had very bad image few years back for thier maintenace cost & ASS but they have turned it around since their fiesta launch)

[/quote']

Thanx for your brilliant thoughts... i have never owned a diesel... so what problems what i be facing the coming years... ( i will use the car for atleast 5 years..what you reccommend petrol or diesel ? and laura gives milege of how much ?

i think overall jetta is the least value for money. it looks bad (a cross between the already similar tata indigo and lada priora), and is overpriced. VW badge may be reliable, but then you feel robbed after you get the jetta. it has no road presence or sexual appeal.

laura looks fantastic. cruze looks great now, but through time you will feel that the design feels overdone. they tried to get bits and pieces from several places.

altis is a junior camry, and civic is like back to future. its the oldest, but still looks futuristic. though it doesnt turn heads and isnt the best car around.

so in my point of view,

1. Cruze : latest car, so it was born out of comparison. it had to be the best. so there are compromises, but you can take them for granted. chevrolet is reliable and cheaper to maintain compared to others.

2. Laura : fantastic car by skoda. skoda is seen as a premium brand in india. and at the same time, skoda's post sales service is something to make sure you stay away from a skoda. so all in all, skoda commands respect and hatred among indians. investing in a skoda is hence a gamble. you might get lucky, but might not.

3. Corolla & 4. Civic : reliability at an expense. Corolla scores over Civic in my ratings.

5. Jetta : it was made just because VW had to make something.

@sgiitk
Agree with you sir. Comparison of petrol and diesel is not going to yield a suitable result. For me the first classification that comes into buying a car is price' date=' followed by petrol or diesel. No common rail can beat the smoothness of the variable valve timing engines.

For me this is the list.
Diesel
Cruz
Laura
Jetta
Petrol
Civic
Altis
laura

@chevy staff
It is good that we have some one representing the company here, but please dont use it for advertisements, and false information. The new Civic has a revised suspension, which is evident in the car though not publicized.

@asethi
Even I agree with you. If you look, give smoother edges to Cruze head lights you get a laura.
Chevy design is aggressive while Skoda design is pretty. Its personal choice what you want your car to be.
The best headlights crown in the segment IMO remains with Civic while the best rear is with Jetta.
[/quote']

Petrol
LAURA

civic

Altis
TSI PETROL IS FAR BETTER THAN BLOODY I-VTEC AND IS FAR AHED THAN I-VETC IN TERMS OF PERFORMANCE,REFINEMENT AND IS THE NEW BENCHMARK,1.8 TSI HAS OUTCLASSED BOTH CIVIC AND ACCORD,AND IF AT ALL 1.2TSI COMES IN FABIA IT WILL DETHROW ITS RIVAL THE JAZZ WHICH FEELS NOTHING LIKE PREMIUM,AND I DONT WHY DOES HONDA CHARGE PREMIUM FOR THEIR CARS IN INDIA,BECAUSE IN AUSTRALIA EVEN OCTAVIA(LAURA) IN INDIA IS PRICED MORE THAN ACCORD SO FORGET SUPERB PRICE,AND AFTER ALL HONDA'S ARE NOT EVEN INCLUDED IN TOP 15 BEST CAR MANU OR TOP 15 BEST CAR SELLER IN EUROPE OR GERMANY,WHERE AS SKODA IS THERE IN TOP TEN IN BOTH OCASSION  

Petrol
LAURA

civic

Altis
TSI PETROL IS FAR BETTER THAN BLOODY I-VTEC AND IS FAR AHED THAN I-VETC IN TERMS OF PERFORMANCE,REFINEMENT AND IS THE NEW BENCHMARK,1.8 TSI HAS OUTCLASSED BOTH CIVIC AND ACCORD,AND IF AT ALL 1.2TSI COMES IN FABIA IT WILL DETHROW ITS RIVAL THE JAZZ WHICH FEELS NOTHING LIKE PREMIUM,AND I DONT WHY DOES HONDA CHARGE PREMIUM FOR THEIR CARS IN INDIA,BECAUSE IN AUSTRALIA EVEN OCTAVIA(LAURA) IN INDIA IS PRICED MORE THAN ACCORD SO FORGET SUPERB PRICE,AND AFTER ALL HONDA'S ARE NOT EVEN INCLUDED IN TOP 15 BEST CAR MANU OR TOP 15 BEST CAR SELLER IN EUROPE OR GERMANY,WHERE AS SKODA IS THERE IN TOP TEN IN BOTH OCASSION  

@Pranab

How can you say' date=' how a one week car will be after 3 or 5 yrs.

The craziest question ever in this forum.
[/quote']

lol, You could estimate.. you probally must have driven for then 5 years..

Dont let this or any cruze post die :)

query -

Which car would you prefer after 3 years of driving... laura or cruze..( wont really get bored untill the 5th year )

Good evening Pranab

Cruze will be a wonderfull car. it wont give you any problems - 3 years warranrty. the laura is a very nice car but A.S.S is horrible, 2 years down the line you bought a laura and the some problem comes up, you will pay 3 lacks for repairs.. think about it.

Your from mumbai and from mumbai, are you getting what am saying

Good evening Pranab

Cruze will be a wonderfull car. it wont give you any problems - 3 years warranrty. the laura is a very nice car but A.S.S is horrible' date=' 2 years down the line you bought a laura and the some problem comes up, you will pay 3 lacks for repairs.. think about it.

Your from mumbai and from mumbai, are you getting what am saying
[/quote']

chevy staff i think it is very unethical of you to talk like that about other brands. we already know pros and cons of various brands and their products. plus i think you should throw the spotlight on your company's product in a healthy way without making such comments. a salesman explaining a customer is fine, but not here in this way. if this was accepted, cruze brochure would have had it too.

no offences, my personal opinion. all because your profile name is "chevy staff"

how can a sale guy from chevy join this sorum? his opinion will always be BUY A CHEVY come what may' date=' how can the mods in this forum allow this???? [/quote']

Absolutely. 

Anyone who is claiming to be from Chevy or any OE should come out openly with his Name designation and location etc, so that there is no confusion.

In any case, no-one except the company PRs can not be considered authority on the product related subjects. 

Which car would you prefer after 3 years of driving... laura or cruze..( wont really get bored untill the 5th year )

Anuprav... you got your ? can u post pics....

Pranab yes I got my car.  I am not keeping well these days.  Will post pics once I get well soon.