FuelRunGod

Exclusive: Tata Indigo Manza Test Drive Report

So are you trying to say that Dzire has better interiors plastics than Manza' date=' as i found Dzire's plastic too cheap.[/quote']

Surely the interiors are better than that of Dzire. Manza looks like an 9-10L Car,. Its a true sedan and not a boot attached hatch back.

One more question - Is the Saffire engine compliant with the EuroIV norms. And what about the diesel

Seems like Tata has done their homework well.

Happy that, they have improved the handling of the car over Indica Vista, since I felt the latter to be a poor handler; though the ride comfort was good.

Sure that they have attended most of the shortcomings the old Indigo had. the motor is more refined and powerful and hopefully more reliable.

However, I felt the rear end to be looking bad, especially from the side profile. Suddenly the DZire's rear end feels a lot better to me after seeing Manza (I didn't like the DZire's rear end ealier!)

So are you trying to say that Dzire has better interiors plastics than Manza' date=' as i found Dzire's plastic too cheap.[/quote']

?

Surely the interiors are better than that of Dzire. Manza looks like an 9-10L Car,. Its a true sedan and not a boot attached hatch back.

?

One more question - Is the Saffire engine compliant with the EuroIV norms. And what about the diesel
Good that you liked so are you planning for Manza as you were considering Dzire before.

@Caripassion, although it depends upon personal choices for looks, but almost all(including media and general public) have liked the looks of Manza especially over Dzire from each and every angle.

Good that you liked so are you planning for Manza as you were considering Dzire before.

@Caripassion, although it depends upon personal choices for looks, but almost all(including media and general public) have liked the looks of Manza especially over Dzire from each and every angle.

@ bluesaffire - Ya i was almost ok and convinced with the dzire, But there came this new manza. As far as looks is concerned i am ok with it and feel even better than that of dzire. Haven't TD it. So no comments on the performance and the ACI TD is also not adverse. Let wait for the TD and then decide.

Yup, best of luck. And yes Manza looks lot better than Dzire and has better interiors, ride, space, comfort, and features are almost same or lesser value/price.

All the best for the TD and do share your overall experience after the TD.

Yup' date=' best of luck. And yes Manza looks lot better than Dzire and has better interiors, ride, space, comfort, and features are almost same or lesser value/price.

All the best for the TD and do share your overall experience after the TD.[/quote']

Sure i will do that.

Today i had a bad experience with Tata authorised sale and service centre- Prerana motors herein Bangalore . In the morning i got a call saying that the test drive car is available and can be test driven today. So i booked the TD at 3.30pm in the afternoon and reached the Prerana Sales sharp at 3.30pm. I thought that the car would be ready and i was very eager to TD the car. But the sales executive said that it has gone to another showroom and it will reach here by 4.30pm. Since i was very eager to TD the car i was just waiting quietly  watching other cars in the showroom. Time passed..., it was 4.30 but the car never reached within the said timing. Further the sales executive requested to wait for another half an hour and said that the car has already left and will be reaching in about 15 mins . And finally when car arrived it was 6.15pm.  I thought that i am gonna TD the most awaited and expected car for me. But surprisingly i was told that the car which arrived is not a TD car and the TD will be possible only tomorrow ie.., Sunday or Monday

I was really irritated and and couldn't control myself . These Prerana people have wasted more than 3 hrs of my precious time . I politely said all the things which wanted to say and just left the place. The sales executive tried to convince me by saying that the vehicle will be sent to my place itself for TD  but i was totally off mind and didnt like to see these people's face again. But later i came to know from one of the Team Leader- sales executive that sending the car for TD at customers residence is also possible only after 15 days. I litterally got irrtated and get left the place.

Tata's service is really poor. They are not able to meet the requirement of the customers. I think they never expected that manza will be a good click.They are not dynamic . Its almost 10 days from launch now till today the shade card or pamplet has not yet come. I live in Bangalore. If this is the response in such a big city and what will be the response in small towns.

Tata you have to learn a lot from Maruthi and Hyundai.

Good report. I had a test drive of this car myself and I pretty much agree with the report. The FE according to what Manipal motors, Bangalore claims is about 16 KMPL (Diesel) in city and about 19-20 in highways. I think this should be a decent car to buy as I think it would excel in most of the parameters compared to Dzire and Logan.

like I said earlier, the car's front bumpers have destroyed the looks of the car. The front grill could have been given some different treatment at least.

head lamps could have been changed, does it need to show the vista family heritage in toto.

The rear of the car is bland and the square edge to the boot does not go with the front, makes it look too large from the rear.

Today i had a bad experience with Tata authorised sale and service centre- Prerana motors herein Bangalore?. In the morning i got a call saying that the test drive car is available and can be test driven today. So i booked the TD at 3.30pm in the afternoon and reached the Prerana Sales sharp at 3.30pm. I thought that the car would be ready and i was very eager to TD the car. But the sales executive said that it has gone to another showroom and it will reach here by 4.30pm. Since i was very eager to TD the car i was just waiting quietly ?watching other cars in the showroom. Time passed...' date=' it was 4.30 but the car never reached within the said timing. Further the sales executive requested to wait for another half an hour and said that the car has already left and will be reaching in about 15 mins . And finally when car arrived it was 6.15pm.??I thought that i am gonna TD the most awaited and expected car for me. But surprisingly i was told that the car which arrived is not a TD car and the TD will be possible only tomorrow ie.., Sunday or Monday

I was really irritated and and couldn't control myself . These Prerana people have wasted more than 3 hrs of my precious time . I politely said all the things which wanted to say and just left the place. The sales executive tried to convince me by saying that the vehicle will be sent to my place itself for TD? but i was totally off mind and didnt like to see these people's face again. But later i came to know from one of the Team Leader- sales executive that sending the car for TD at customers residence is also possible only after 15 days. I litterally got irrtated and get left the place.

?

Tata's service is really poor. They are not able to meet the requirement of the customers. I think they never expected that manza will be a good click.They are not dynamic .?Its almost 10 days from launch now till today the shade card or pamplet has not yet come. I live in Bangalore. If this is the response in such a big city and what will be the response in small towns.

Tata you have to learn a lot from Maruthi and Hyundai.
[/quote'] Thats bad, these guys have a long way to go as far as sales and service are concerned. But why didnt you tried the company owned showroom in bangalore.

Just to help everyone here. These are the comparisons between various cars in the same segment. These were compiled by a friend and am posting it here. All prices are Ex-Showroom Bangalore

Indigo Manza

Indigo CS

Ikon

Fiesta

Swift Dzire 

Logan

Q Jet Aura ABS

LS Dicor

1.4TDCI

1.4TDCi ZXi 

Zdi

1.5 Diesel

Engine

Capacity (cc)

Power (BHP@RPM)

90@4000

70@4000

68@4000

68@4000

75@4000

65@4000

Torque (NM@RPM)

200@3000

140@3000

160@2000

160@2000

190@2000

160@2000

Fuel Efficiency (KPML)

Dimensions

Length (mm)

Width (mm)

Ground clearance (mm)

Boot space (l)

Wheel base (mm)

Fuel Tank Capacity (l)

Ex Showroom price 

Manza Petrol

Swift Dzire

Fiesta

Logan

Aveo

Saffire Aura with ABS

Zxi with ABS

Sxi

1.4 GLX(Petrol)

1.4 LT 

Engine

Engine capacity (cc)

Power in BHP@RPM

90@6000

87@6000

101@6500

75@5500

94@5500

Torque in NM@RPM

116@4750

113@4500

146@3400

110@3000

127@3500

GearBox

Man. 5 Speed

Man. 5 Speed

Man. 5 Speed

Man. 5 Speed

Man. 5 Speed

Dimensions

Length(mm)

Width(mm)

Boot space(l)

Wheel base(mm)

Height(mm)

Ground clearance(mm)

Tyre rating

185/60 R15

185/70 R14

175/65 R14

185/70 R14

185/60 R14

Fuel Tank Capacity(l)

Kerb Weight (kg)

Average Mileage

Ex Showroom price 

why didnt you tried the company owned showroom in bangalore.

What & Where are they?

Does every city has this?
I have heard that these showrooms are in Mumbai' date=' Gurgaon, Kolkata and Bangalore.[/quote']

Yes Tata has its own showroom called by the name Concorde Motors which is wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Motors. As Blue Saphire rightly said the Company showrooms are far better than the the dealers.

I had visisted the Concorde motors for the Test Drive of Manza Surprisingly they had both the Manza diesel as well as petrol. I test drove both  and was really impressed with the both the versions. Out of both i felt Diesel gave a refined and comfort ride. Petrol is also not bad.

The good things that i noticed was:-

**Looks like a upmarket sedan that too a mouth watering price

**Even the Aura version has got all the features except the ABS and Airbag

**Rear seat is extremely confortable

**Driver's seat is well place and steering handling position is perfect

**Braking was excellent. I drove a ABS equiped car.

**Diesel engine pick up and performance was good and was responsive. The turbo lag was good and was almost on par with dzire. But infact Dzire is even more a peppier car to drive.

**I think the fuel efficiently must be better than the Dzire and Linea Because of the taller gearing, Even though the Dzire weighs lesser than the manza the fuel efficiency of Dzire is a bit less than the Manza.Arai has certified 21.06kmpl for diesel Manza

**Rear view through the mirror from the dfriver's seat was far better than the dzire. Dzire rear view is horrible.

**I personally felt that the petrol was nosier than the diesel. I just raised the acceletor and checked and felt that the Diesel engine was very refined and quiet. And you really never feel that that you are driving a diesel car.

**Real VFM

** Acres of space inside the cabin and spacious boot.

** Rear is spacious enough even after draging the front seats to the last possible extent.

The things which i didnt like were:-

**The interiors were ok and not upto the mark.

**The Console was ok and not vey attractive.

**All the features are avaialble as far the interiors are concerned but the plastics used looks cheap. The steering mounted audio controls look same as that of Linea.

**The Tata people dont even have a colors shade card to see the colors, even though the same is available on the website of Tata its looks somewhat graphical.

**Rear could have been done better but not a big problem.

As far as A.S.S. is concerned i have no idea about Tata and have heard people saying its worst among the others.

Hey looks like no one is interested in manza man. May be beacuse this thread is posted in reader test (Even though it is rightly posted). Had it been posted in Indian Car scene, it would attract many readers

Ya I checked it out yesterday at the Lexus Motors showroom at Kolkata. Will definately buy the MANZA Aura Safire variant within this month as I cant wait for 4-5 months for Swift Dzire and the MANZA is better equipped and more VFM than Dzire backed by Tata's reliable sales and service network...The MANZA looks superb in Red and Black color.Whats the fuel economy of  the 1.4 Safire engined AURA Variant?

Ya I checked it out yesterday at the Lexus Motors showroom at Kolkata. Will definately buy the MANZA Aura Safire variant within this month

I thought you are one Maruti's flagbearer. You recommended Dezire for many.

Its Good that Manza impressed you.

Thanks creative. No thats not the thing man, honestly Dzire was india's best vfm car but now MANZA has moved the game ahead and its currently India's best VFM sedan with very affordable price tag and handsome sets of goodies on offer.. Just TATA needs to sort out the quality of certain parts which would make it a good quality, well-built sedan and if things are sorted out early it has the potential to be the Queen of  the C-segment and they can launch it in other markets as well..I hope TATA Motors is keeping their ears open....!!!!