Emily Martinez

Hey auto bloggers, am looking to buy a ne

Hey, ( please mind my english )

Let me introduce myself, I am emily martinez from italy, i am half indian and half italian. ( my mom is indian and my dads italian )

I am currenty moving to mumbai by the end of this week, I dont know anything about the car scene in india, i was hoping if someone could help me out. smiley1.gif

my needs - I really enjoy driving cars fast, i need a comfortable ride, should be a drivers car, more features is a better option, milege should be high. i think i would be driving about 20-40 km a day, i want a mid-size range car.

my budget is about 12 to 16 lacks.

also i would travell out of mumbai every  alternative weekend, > either amby valley or pune or a nice hill station. i am here in mumbai for atleast 3 years...

I am coming to mumbai to study and live with my mom. am forever 21 smiley1.gif

I was hopeing if someone could me out.. to ( if that is asking to much)

please help me out..

Hi Emily & welcome to the forum. Great to have someone from the land of Ferraris amongst us!

The car scene in India is completely diff. from what you see in Italy. So, keep your expectations realistic!

According to your needs the one car that fits the bill according to me, is the Honda Civic. Its a fabulous drivers car, comfortable, gives good mileage & is within your budget. You must have seen Civics in Italy too, so you'd be familiar.

Edit: Sorry we don't understand Italian in your 2nd post!
speed2009-10-20 18:48:38

Hi Emily & welcome to the forum. Great to have someone from the land of Ferraris amongst us!

The car scene in India is completely diff. from what you see in Italy. So' date=' keep your expectations realistic!

According to your needs the one car that fits the bill according to me, is the Honda Civic. Its a fabulous drivers car, comfortable, gives good mileage & is within your budget. You must have seen Civics in Italy too, so you'd be familiar.

Edit: Sorry we don't understand Italian in your 2nd post!

Civic ? oh dear... it boring huney..
[/quote']

Civic....Ya boring to Italian tastes' date=' we find it pretty exciting!

We might not be getting your language but can sure say its not you in the pic!smiley15.gif
[/quote']

Perche lei dice la sua, non mia foto? sono offeso

i just wanted to share who i am with everyone, why u say its not my pic dear ?

Thanks for sharing the pic. Its just too perfect to believe!

Is that a compliment ? anyway can we stick to the topic - which car ?

Why are cars so expensive in india, You guys pay alot of money for peace of thrash cars... wow, i guess i have that much to...

Cruze is a 2009 launched car.. how is it ? Laura aka octavia??? i seriously have to come down to this level...

I need some serious help - all points of both the vehicles.

The pic. does deserve one!

Yeah, cars in India are priced pretty much on the higher side, taxes & duties to be blamed.

Cruze just got launched in India(couple of days back). So, its a newer car & packs a punch in diesel form.

Yes, Laura here & Octy. abroad are the same. Laura petrol has a powerful motor & is feature packed.

Do check out the Test drive thread of Cruze & for info. on Laura, check out test drives section on the main website -Autocarindia.com

Hi Emily,

Welcome to India.

As per your requirements the Skoda Laura seems to be tailor-made option for you,its upon you to select its Petrol or Diesel version(a test drive of both will make an easy judgement)

Another option for you is the Honda Civic, the car pretty suited to Indian conditions & somewhat closer to your choices too..

Albeit you get them in India at higher price due to Dollar-Rupee value difference & Indian tax structure.

Hi Emily' date='
Welcome to India.
As per your requirements the Skoda Laura seems to be tailor-made option for you,its upon you to select its Petrol or Diesel version(a test drive of both will make an easy judgement)
Another option for you is the Honda Civic, the car pretty suited to Indian conditions & somewhat closer to your choices too..
Albeit you get them in India at higher price due to Dollar-Rupee value difference & Indian tax structure.
[/quote']

Thank you all for replies smiley1.gif

I personally dont like hondas ( i'hv had bad expierences with them )

Octavia - skoda: Not a very reputed car in italy.

cruze seems to be a very good with its fetures and engine... 2.0 litre - best in the lot.

But is Chevy a premuim or reliable company in india ? you know they story.....

jetta - very nice car but i think its under-powered and price to much.. anyway it dosent fit in budget.

corolla - my cousin in dehli says its a very comfortable ride for indians roads.

so for me it would be - Corolla 2009 vs Octavia aka laura vs cruze

few points which would impress me the most -

I think that Altis could be a perfect car for you.

Anyways, You could bring an Abarth kit from Italy and get the Fiat guys to do it for you.

Fast Reliable head-turning car.

I guess the writing is pretty much on the wall,,...it has to be the corolla altis...no great shakes but reliable and powerful enough...have owned one and abused it a lot for almost 80,000 kms still no probs...

go in for one and dont forget your seatlbelts...(italians dont wear it !)

Happy motoring !  in between you would look good in an Alfa romeo166..! Import it some day...

Regards,

RK

Hi Emily

Welcome to INDIA.and alos to the ACI forum.

i think you can go in for Corolla Altis or Fiat Lenia (you may be familier with ) both cars are good to drive.

Sandy2009-10-21 05:48:11

so what should i do ? rule out skoda >

so its cruze vs altis.

Go for CRUZE LTZ its a perfect car.  I owe this and its performing well.

You have rightly said honda cars in Europe are failures.  Even when I was in Moscow i had CIVIC and Accord and the both cars gave me a lot of trouble.