nikhil

Engine Oil

I own a unicorn(one with spokes).It has clocked more than 22000 kms.I have been using the Honda Oil till now.Now,i would like to have a change.Which is the best oil i can go for?I think honda recommends 20w40 grade oils.Regarding my riding style,i always keep my speeds below 70,only on rare occassions i tend to speed above that.Any idea on semi-synthetic oils?Some say they last longer than others.

Changing oil will not make much difference. I have cbz 2003   33000 kms clocked till now. I have used HH brand oil, Castrol Activ 4T, Shell, Mag and things like that. I personally feel shell is ok. But i am not at all satisfied with Castrol activ 4T. Its totally useless.  I have heard rumors that there are very rare original castrol oils available and majority are just fake and just use the brand image castrol. Is this true any one on this forum, please explain??????????

Slightly off topic but please help me out on this regard. Do any one have any idea about the NGK G power Spark plugs. Beacuse i was using an ordinary HH suggested spark plug namely Champion. Till then i was getting normal mileage. But after changing to NGK G power spark plug my bike's mileage is deteriorating and reducing. What can i do in this regard?????
rki20072009-10-23 17:49:35

I have heard rumors that there are very rare original castrol oils available and majority are just fake and just use the brand image castrol. Is this true any one on this forum' date=' please explain?

[/quote']

This is not true. Original catrsol oil can be found at any

@nikhil : You may try the motul 7100 4T 20w50 full synthetic oil. Used this engine oil in my old Apache (now sold) and results were too good. Some how i feel that motul is better than Castrol. smiley1.gif Full synthetic oil does not cause clutch slipping. At least never heard of it nor experienced it . 

Yup. Even I used Shell and to be really frank, nothing matches the performance that the Shell can provide. Normally though, my Bajaj service centre uses Elf and that it not bad either, but for the best, I feel it is Shell

According to me motul is the best after putting motul in my pulsar it is performing really good it may be little expensive but trust me guys its worth it,castrol according to me is completely crap it looses its viscosity within a month.

I have tried with Castrol and found no result. Recently started to use Shell, bit costly but worth. The pick up is good and i find a smoothness in the engine. yet to try Motul. I have heard that Mag is not good. Its very thin. Any idea about this. Anyone???????????

Castrol is a very trusted brand.I have been using it for a very long time with excellent results.However check out this thread please as to what I had to do to get only genuine Castrol.

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=555

However there are a host of newer brands in the market today and other than Castrol these other brands are not so much a part of the adulteration racket.But one must be on the guard against the adulterated stuff. Synthetic oils are the best for better engine life and performance.The extra bucks one pays for the superior oils is paid back by your automobile's engine and gearbox performing at their optimum best.That way most PSU oil brands are cheaper and a bit inferior to oils sold by multinationals.

anjan_c20072009-11-24 15:05:25