CYRUS43

THE FIRST DUCATI STORE IN INDIA

Ducatti Just opened its first official Store in India. A Brand alot of people were looking forward to.

Here is the official Press Release. And Pricelist.

New Delhi (India), 31st October 2009

Ducatis are Ferrari's equivalent on 2 wheels. What sight for Mumbaikars. I can feel like Capirossi already!

Yes bro it was an experience for me i spent arnd 2hrs at the showroom and next to ducati was the Rolls-Royce showroom and opposite of it was the JLR showroom wen ther and saw the xf & xk both are simpley beautiful.

Went ahead and got myself a 796 Hyper. In for registration. Hopefully on the road by sat. Had planned it out in advance and hence have my helmet and stuff bought and ready.[ Jacket and gloves for longer rides].9.10 ex showroom. My only grouse is with the stock mirrors which on the end of the handle bars look super cool but impractical in Bom, I dont think they will last a week. I m hoping the Ducati guys arrange for a handle bar wing mirror mount to replace this before delivery. Surprisingly there is no main stand available for this model and no cover provided along with it. Surely something they need to look into for Bom.

Went ahead and got myself a 796 Hyper. In for registration. Hopefully on the road by sat. Had planned it out in advance and hence have my helmet and stuff bought and ready.[ Jacket and gloves for longer rides].9.10 ex showroom. My only grouse is with the stock mirrors which on the end of the handle bars look super cool but impractical in Bom' date=' I dont think they will last a week. I m hoping the Ducati guys arrange for a handle bar wing mirror mount to replace this before delivery. Surprisingly there is no main stand available for this model and no cover provided along with it. Surely something they need to look into for Bom.[/quote']

Congratulations on buying the duke,which color bike you brought?they should have provided covers at the least,abt the mainstand even in a r-15 you have to buy it specigically they dont give it with the bike.

Good to see that you a responsible rider and have brought the riding equipment before hand,have a wonderful time with the bike bro....cheerssmiley20.gif!!

O.T.:One of my friends friend has booked a 848-evo which will be deliverd in december me going with him for delivery!!

Good Buy!! I know someone who has been using a Hyper for years now and he is pretty satisfied. Sadly, the bike now gathering dust... Anyways, Do post some pictures. And congratulations on being the first.

Good Buy!! I know someone who has been using a Hyper for years now and he is pretty satisfied. Sadly' date=' the bike now gathering dust... Anyways, Do post some pictures. And congratulations on being the first. [/quote']

Is it for sale?

I am very interested.

Went ahead and got myself a 796 Hyper. In for registration. Hopefully on the road by sat. Had planned it out in advance and hence have my helmet and stuff bought and ready.[ Jacket and gloves for longer rides].9.10 ex showroom. My only grouse is with the stock mirrors which on the end of the handle bars look super cool but impractical in Bom' date=' I dont think they will last a week. I m hoping the Ducati guys arrange for a handle bar wing mirror mount to replace this before delivery. Surprisingly there is no main stand available for this model and no cover provided along with it. Surely something they need to look into for Bom.[/quote']

Congratulations on buying the duke,which color bike you brought?they should have provided covers at the least,abt the mainstand even in a r-15 you have to buy it specigically they dont give it with the bike.

Good to see that you a responsible rider and have brought the riding equipment before hand,have a wonderful time with the bike bro....cheerssmiley20.gif!!

O.T.:One of my friends friend has booked a 848-evo which will be deliverd in december me going with him for delivery!!

Thanx guys. Was expecting delivery on Fri eve but evidently the RTO needs some custom clearence affadiavate from the showroom regarding duty payment and any future issues. I picked up the white body on black frame which sadly is still right now in the showroom window[ the multistrada was sent back to italy]. Have got my fingers crossed for a mon/tue delivery. Went into the dealer today and picked up a numberplate mount for a sample. Since I had prebooked my number, I got the front sticker and rear plate made . Regarding the main stand, I ve searched the net and there does not seem to be one made for this bike.I ll post pics once I figure out how its done. So, till tue.

Update on my Hyper. Its been a frustrating 2 weeks with the bike still not on the road due to the tax not being paid. A mix of our infamous RTO red tape [ passport original needs to be shown inspite of a pancard copy] and a basic ignorance of the company people who have no clue as to what formalities are required and the associated paperwork. I am fed up with their promises of getting the bike on the road 'today- tomorrow for sure' and so on. In retrospect I m rueing my decision to buy this bike. Ducati India needs to seriously pull up their socks and get their act in order. Fingers still crossed that the event happens in a day or two. Still a bitter taste which will only be washed away by the bike ride. 

Arrgh!! thats sad to hear,our RTO guys would never improve but as you had said a ride on the bike would make you forget all the struggle,hope that it comes as soon as possible!....cheers!!

I m having a great time with this fab ride. 5 days after getting delivery a MLA s pajero bumped into me while I was not moving opp the US consulate. Our great insurance rules have resulted in my shelling out a packet [excluding plastic depreciation] while the offender got away with not even a slap on the wrist. I ve since added a carbon fiber tank cover and a rear luggage rack i n which I keep my helmet permenantly. Every signal stop results in a thums up or appreciative comment except for a ass at the Vakola flyover signal who wanted to know the average. John at ducati has turned out to be a pretty decent guy, working beyond the call of his job. More later.

A heartfilled congratulations for getting the bike delivered to you finally sirsmiley32.gif.

Ahh thats sad that the beast got bumpedsmiley19.gif,our netas have have alll the liberty in the world to do whatever they wana do and get away.

Anways sir i am dying to see the pic of your ride plz upload some pics for our viewing pleasure,hope you invested in some good riding kits like shoes jacket and helmet.

cheers: $chumi_fxx