CarclassX

Advice Car to buy between 4-5 Lakhs

Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy a car, my budget is 4 to 5Lakh max..

Please suggest me the options considering my following requisites,

Thanks in Advance..

1. Car for City + highway ride

2. Should Feel like big car smiley1.gif

3. A driver's car with good acceleration and cruise speed

4. Good Interiors and features

5. Descent Millieage

6. Low maintanance cost

7.Still confused whether to consider or not, for rear seat space

and boot space since not always travel with more than 4 ppl.

It will be helpful if can provide the on the road pricing of the car also...

The best car in the rpice range would i20 magna. If you are not satisfied with power you can also have a look at Ritz and Swift and i10 though they are less spacious and lack the big car feel. 

If you want to buy a hatchback,then you must go for Hyundai i20 1.2 kappa petrol or amongst diesel you can opt for Swift diesel.

Else if you want to go for sedan,then check out the new Tata Indigo MANZA's base aqua 1.4 petrol version @ 4.8 lacs.

I think the i20 will be out of his budget. Also, it cannot be treated as a drivers car!

Better consider the Swift. It is the best driver's car available in the budget.

The comfort levels are also decent, with very good fuel efficiency and low maintenance cost.

It is very good car for City and Highway runs. Has very good pick-up.

If you need to carry all the 4 people who are more than 6feet high, consider i20. Otherwise, Swift is the car for you!

1. Car for City + highway ride

2. Should Feel like big car smiley1.gif

3. A driver's car with good acceleration and cruise speed

4. Good Interiors and features

5. Descent Millieage

6. Low maintanance cost

7.Still confused whether to consider or not' date=' for rear seat space

and boot space since not always travel with more than 4 ppl.

[/quote']

Check out Punto 1.4

It is best to consider cars with all the safety features if available. Those in your price range will be A-star and Estilo. Also soon to be launched new wagon r will be in the same price range having same equipment and will be in the same price range.

Here is the link for the new wagon r. It will be launched in all probability by Auto Expo.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/maruti-wagon-r/2009-suzuki-wagon-r/

as your budget is upto 5 lakh max(i'm considering on road)

the following come in your budget:

spark

aveo u-va

punto 1.2

palio stile 1.1

i10 1.1/1.2 sportz

getz 1.1/1.3

estilo

wagon-r

ritz vxi

swift lxi

indica vista petrol

indigo cs tdi LS

i'm not considering alto,a-star m-800 due to space crunch

basically it all depends on your usage,monthly running and whether you would prefer petrol or diesel.

considering most of your requirements swift makes the best option for you. if you can spend just a little bit more i.e 5.15 lakhs, swift VXi makes the best option as it has decent equipment level too.

if you drive mostly in city, you can consider ritz Vxi too.

please give us more information like monthly usage,etc. so that we can help you better

Cars in 4-5L range

If you can wait for sometime, you will not regret later.

Chevy Beat (Dec 09) - agressive stying/ Spacious/ Chevy Promise /Good FE/                               Suspension & Handling should be good (GM's DNA)

Ford Figo (Mar 10)- Ford's driving Experience/ Good FE/                                                    Proven Diesel/ spacious

Vista Ignis (Should be out in few months)-- Space/ proven engines/ ABS

If you can't wait

Swift Vxi

Spark LT

If not the i20, then the best option I can see for you is the Ritz. Excellent engine, spacious enough, looks are subjective matter, but in all probability, this is the car with the best engine this side of 5 lakhs.

i20 is a head turner with lot of nice features. if you are looking at i20, go for 1.4 and not 1.2, else you will be disappointed when a slim looking i10 (1.2) overtake you. But 1.4 costs 6+. So that leaves you with Swift which scores well on most parameters. I was impressed with the looks of Punto aswell. It looked a stunner.

i would suggest only these 3 cars in the sub 5.5 lakhs price range for someone who is an enthusiast driver and keen on road presence too . Else wait for few months, you have some new cars coming in this segment.

Waiting till Jan auto expo will be fruitful for sure.

For now Swift, Punto, i20, i10 and Ritz are good options. For performance i20 should be ruled out.

- i10 has good power, space, looks, quality, and a Hyundai.

- Swift is good but cramped rear with all black interiors will not at all give you the feeling of available space coupled with bad and dark plastics and not so great build quality.

- Ritz is overall better than Swift, although you have to compromise bit on handling compared to swift but a good buy.

- Punto 1.4 will be better if you can think of Tata-fiat, its good to drive, rides and handles best, has adequate space, good boot, strong and sturdy, average plastics(not of Fiat's standards but better than Maruti's) and a good price tag too.

I will go for i10 or Punto or i20 anyday. You will also get insurance, extended warranty and extended road side assistance free with Punto.

All the best for your purchase.

Punto 1.2 is a very good car, you will love to have it.  Do the TD and check how good are the dealers.  Offers going on at present.

Spark is also a good option with Chevy after sales offer.

Punto is too heavy for a 67 bhp engine. At the price of Punto 1.2 you have other better options, such as i10 1.2 Magna and Ritz LXi. They are better powered and have very good engines especially the Ritz.

I did not know i10 1,1 came in Magna. I thought it only came in Era and Dlite.