me.carholic

Ritz Petrol Sounds Like A Diesel

Sirs,

My 30 days old Ritz Zxi Petrol has started sounding like diesel car. Some TUK TUK TUK sound is coming from right-hand-side front.

The dealers' technical team could not find the cause and hence did not have any answer for this horrible noise.

It would be of great help if you could find the source of this disturbing noise so that I can get it repaired and drive my new car at peace.

Call the Maruti Suzuki helpline and log a complaint with them. Is the noise while turning or is it heard on straight roads also ?

Can you hear it when the car isn't moving (but the engine is on)?

Recently i bought a RITZ for my wife. I also hear some kind of a sound when speeds exceed 80 kmph. To me it sound like wind noise thru some panels and appears repairable if taken to the service station. Otherwise I find the car a real pleasure. smiley10.gif

Sirs' date='

My 30 days old Ritz Zxi Petrol has started sounding like diesel car. Some TUK TUK TUK sound is coming from right-hand-side front.

The dealers' technical team could not find the cause and hence did not have any answer for this horrible noise.

It would be of great help if you could find the source of this disturbing noise so that I can get it repaired and drive my new car at peace.

[/quote']

Oh diesel engine sounds tuk tuk tuk is it. Well havn't seen any tuk tuk deisel engine.

Any way back to topic

This sort of sound is not because of the diesel engine and may occur in any car be it diesel or petrol. There should be mud flap or any other plastic parts be touching the car's tyre while running or any of the bolts or nuts might be loosened. Check it up

Eventough people say that maruthi is famous for their after sales service, care to the customers and things like that. I haven't felt maruthi  excels in customer care. I had a problem with my car Maruthi 800. The actual problem was that the silencer pipe was rubbing the the underneath body of the car thereby making a squeeking sound. The useless Maruthi Service center people were not able to find anything and after service said that Sir we have rectified everthing. I only thing that they do properly is  the feedback forms for filling up. I solved the issue by taking my car to a small garage near my place, very lightly heated the silencer pipe and when the heatness was in the metal at that momemt just straightened the silencer pipe and completed the job within half an hour and i just paid him Rs.100/-.  

It's unusual for a new car to develop such a kind of noise..Maruti needs to tighten up its quality program..My Swift, which was so very rattle prone is many times better once the door hinges were fixed..

You must escalate the problem to Maruti right away.

Could be a loose belt or an alternator problem or it could be major engine trouble, impossible to judge without actually listening to it.

i m now a proud owner of Ritz Vxi. its engine is simply superb, so quiet, so smooth. you might have got a specific problem with ur car. it really gets an appreciation everytime my friendz accompany me to my office in my new Ritz. it makes me feel proud. I am really happy with my final selection on choosing between i10 & Ritz. very shortly i will give a detailed review on the car which might help someone who is looking for this new hot hatch.

Happy Motoring.