FuelRunGod

Two used cars...Bought Palio 1.6 GTX

Congrats on your buy FRG, KEEP ROARing 

Fuel economy is obviously not a strong point. I have my diesel bus for that. smiley17.gif

Can you explain more on this, I agree, you are a FR-God, you can get good mileage out of any car,

but

fuel cost per km for a Petrol Hatch = fuel cost per km for a Diesel Bus 

I can't give you the numbers as I don't have the fuel prices on hand. But I'll give you a comparison. I do about 600kms a month in the home-office-home run. For a tank of 65 litres, I pay about Rs 2,600.

Now both the bus and City give about 10kpl. Considering petrol costs at least Rs 10 more than diesel. Its pretty clear that my diesel bus is cheaper on the pocket.

EDIT: And yes where's the fun extracting mileage from a hot hatch.

FRG

FuelRunGod2009-11-14 14:59:17

When can we see your Beauty Queen here?

Now both the bus and City give about 10kpl.

Does City gives on 10kmpl' date=' that too in hands of FR-G

EDIT: And yes where's the fun extracting mileage from a hot hatch.

I agree with this boss, get set to burn lots of rubbers
creativebala2009-11-14 15:24:45

Alto the "wife" and Palio the "mistress" now where does this leave the Safari.

In the garage for a few days at least till the fuel bills put me back in the Safari. smiley17.gif

FRG

So Safari is the Mother-in-law, for the present. For me it's one size fit's all, 4year old Elantra. Pic taken in beach today, while enjoying hot samosa's on Elliot's beach there was a brief drizzle and weather cooled down quiet well for Chennai so headed there. The longer I keep her the more I love her.  

20091114_163609_Copy_of_1411200.jpg

This looks to me as I am too Drunk and unable to understand any thing here.

Have Lemon Juice and see

If not' date=' read from previous page
[/quote']

Had a lemon juice, still unable to understand ?

Alright people, my Maroon GTX is here. I just picked her up from Juhu. Filled in 20 litres of regular unleaded and some air and just drove her home.

First impressions, the car shows signs of lying unused for a long time. The doors are tight, the windows are slow and the rear view mirrors are a bit difficult to adjust. The engine feels great and that torque lets the car pull cleanly even from as low as 1000rpm.

The problem areas are the brakes, they feel weak and need new pads and flushing of fluids. The belts are screechy and the aircon doesn't cool well. I think it needs gas. Apart from that, it needs a cleanup for the interiors as well as new wipers, the old ones are hard and brittle.

Will drive her tomorrow to office and see what I can get done and will also try and click some pictures.

Comparison to the City: Its great, the engine isn't as free revving as the VTEC, but much more refined and a better low-end response. But the best part is that this car has no rattles whatsoever. The City on the other hand rattles all the time.

That's all for now, going down to take her for a spin. smiley2.gif

FRG

Good job. Btw - I've had Palio owners tell me that the 1.6's fuel economy gets really bad if driven around in the sub 2500 rpm rev band. Keeping the revs in the 2000 - 2500 rpm band works better.

Keep those revs high - hope you had fun on that first nighttime drivesmiley1.gif

Now the real congratulations FRG after the pre-delivery one. Maybe I will like to go for a spin around on this one whenever I go to Mumbai only with your kind permission.

I would also suggest you to make a trip to Mutton Street (called Chor bazar) behind JJ Hospital, which is a treasure trove for old automobile parts. You may just chance upon some wipers and many other spares there. I am sure Cyrus will be able to tell you about some reliable and good shops there.

In fact, I got many a spare for my Landmaster there.But the two shops  I rely upon sell only vintage and classic car parts.

Thanks for the wishes guys. Just got back. Will calculate FE only once everything is done. Let's see how many days will the 20litres last.

Anjan, I'm sure parts will not be a big deal in Mumbai. In fact, I'm thinking of taking her to the authorised service centre to get an estimate of the costs.

As of now I'm liking my garage - GTX, VTEC and DiCOR. Nice!

FRG

Yeah, its time for some real congratulations & partying!smiley2.gif

Your garage is all loaded up with so much of Bhp, go on burn some serious rubber before finally seeing off your Vtec.

Its wise to get some cheap spares from outside & save some hard cash!

Congrats on your buy FRG, do post some pics of this beauty.
I'm liking my garage - GTX' date=' VTEC and DiCOR. [/quote']

Every Auto enthu in India loves to have this collection. It would be really hard to pick one to take for a spin right.

Once your madness subsides in Italian beauty, probably you need to throw a dice 'n see which one to take out , isn't it.