FuelRunGod

Two used cars...Bought Palio 1.6 GTX

Congrats on the car. Eagerly waiting for the pics, and the FE details. Dont surprise us with double digit figures.smiley2.gif

About the last car, if your budget does not permit you for an alto or

santro, I feel you should go with an 800 rather than the Matiz. As this

car wont be used for more than one person, you dont need the space and

maintaining an 800 is probably the easiest task there is relating to a

car in India.

I want to avoid 800 for safety reasons. The Matiz in that respect is far better. Also this particular one is a friend's car, so I know it was looked after. Anyway, we still don't know what the next car will be. I sort of like the garage the way it is right now.

FRG

You can always decide to be brave and hand over the vtec to your mother. So what if being a new driver she gets a few scratches here and there. Atleast you dont have to hassle around to sell it and find a replacement smiley36.gif smiley17.gif

If you are still intrested in learners car then I am selling my Zen 01 lx with 20k km . You can check it at my place any time , I my sis and mom have learned driving in that car and now with new i20 we don't use it much either.

A little late......uh no pretty late to this thread but anyway, congratulations to FRG on buying a GTX. And I think you bought the same colour I had before I re-painted it. Does it show Flame red in the r.c.book? And not much run, 24,000kms is pretty less for a 6 year old car. Take it up to > 100kmph on a highway and feel what the Vtec lacks....Or take it up a winding road and drive it in a hurry, it will give you a stupid grin on your face!!

Thanks FRG for showering all those complements on it and the others who liked it........I miss it sometimes but I had it for 5 years and 65,000 kms and that was enough for me so sold it and made way for the Civic. smiley4.gif

Well I am selling it at75k , I don't want to earn profit or something first do a TD and evaluate .I trust on your judgement , anyways its better than 800 for sure . Its pune re registered in mumbai but at that time the number mh 12 was retained so its technically mumbai registered with pune plate number.

Cool rssh. I'll take you up on the offer as soon as the somebody buys the vtec. Although if you do find a seller before I call, please do go ahead and sell your car.

Thanks subzero, yes it is the flame red (maroon). The paint has suffered a bit. Will do a polishing job to see how much I can get back. And yes, this car handles so beautifully around bends. The vtec was quick, but the light feeling didn't inspire too much confidence. I like the exhaust note too. But will be getting an end-can at some point.

FRG

I haven't clicked any good pictures. But if you insist, I have very low quality, dark, blurry snaps I took from my phone.

20091116_172521_P1611090001.jpg

Vtec (in the foreground) along with the GTX. The bus is parked just outside the garage.

20091116_172732_P1611090002.jpg

Another view showing some more GTX and those lovely alloys.

I know the pics are really bad, but please bear with me till I get around to clicking better ones.

FRG

FuelRunGod2009-11-16 17:52:42

I don't know why' date=' Fiat downgraded Palio from GTX to Stile.

[/quote']

See the sales chart, you will understand why.

The colour is ok but if you can, then do get a paint job. Fiesta's electric blue with blackened alloys would look awesome.

Initially the plan was to change the colour to something else. But the family has taken a liking to the Flame Red. So mostly will be keeping this shade for sometime. Hoping a good detailing job will help to regain some of that lost shine.

FRG

Yes the mechanical bits first. Will give the car for a greasing job tomorrow and change the belts. Also I've found a Palio special mechanic through an office colleague. Although he's based in New Bombay, I'll go over the weekend and see how he is.

FRG

FRG, this is the 1st time Im seeing this car, let me tell you its looking absolutely fine. I can't find anything wrong with the color of the paint. My 1.2 was also the same color.

The black strips on the sides, need polishing, steering needs cover, gear knob replacement & a couple of more things, the car is set up.

Tyres still have lot of tread left but as you suggested, it doesn't go down the throat that its been driven just 24k km. Tell tale signs include - worn steering, gear knob, pedals.

PS: New headlight glasses would enhance the looks.
BornFree2009-11-17 13:11:04

She looks fine - just redo the leather steering wrap and the gearknob and get her shoes to do justice to those 100 horses (after the mechanicals are taken care of).

The headlamps might need to be replaced (I wouldn't do that for cosmetic reasons) if night driving is a problem with the current ones.

I wouldn't change anything else.

A very fine car FRG indeed! Your first impressions made me think its like any other second hand car found in those fleets parked in front of tiny shops which house brokers. But let me tell you the car is very well kept. Natural because a 1.6 GTX can only be bought and understood value wise by an enthusiast which perhaps its first owner was.

The only one thing I would suggest you to change is its overall looks. It  looks like an old man's car now and you should take steps to change its looks to suit its ownership for a  25 year old. 

Thanks for the compliments. In the pictures, yes she does look very good. On closer inspection you will see the blemishes in the paint. It is indeed a single owner car but wasn't particularly well taken care of. The guy has 4-5 cars so didn't really bother about this car. And there is good possibility that this odometer was clocked.

I'd like to keep the car as stock as possible. Maybe I'll get an end-can for the exhaust at some point. But right now its the mechanicals I'm taking care of. Had the car greased and oiled and gave it a much needed pressure wash (even the underbody) and it does feel a lot better now.

Next step is to replace the belts and get new headlamps and new number plates.

FRG

FuelRunGod2009-11-17 15:10:44

@FRG

Though it is my personal opinion but the black side strips are not looking good with the car. Change them to body colour if you can. Also the headlight assembly is not looking too good either, though that will be a little costly but still think about it.