FuelRunGod

Two used cars...Bought Palio 1.6 GTX

The empty light came up yesterday. Have done about 160kms on the 20litres I had filled on the day of delivery. This equates to roughly 8kpl which isn't too bad considering the car hasn't really been serviced and hasn't exactly been babied in these 160kms. Although these are only rough figures, it still isn't too bad. Will do a proper tankful to tankful after the service.

FRG

The car look's quiet good. Hope theres no rust beneath. The seat fabric and door insert's remind of the old Ikon's that came with similar stuff that got dirty very fast. 8 kmpl with a little TLC it can probably brought up to say 9-9.5 kmpl, or am I asking for too much. GTX had ABS/Airbags and Alloy's if my memory serve's right or was it reserved for the S10. Now the Palio Stile is rid of all that stuff, must be weighing much lighter may give you better mileage.smiley2.gif. I think the car will require lot's of detailing and polishing and a pair of new headlight's. You sure you can manage all this the 20k budget allocated or do you know any garage who will do this for you? 

There is no significant rust. Although there is some corrosion near the hatchback and tail-lamp area, it is quite small and can be easily taken care of with a fresh coat of paint.

The car is yet to go through detailing as well as servicing. FE may get better post servicing. The GTX SP came with ABS and airbag(s). Now that one is a rare find.

I'm probably not painting the car for the time being, so the budget just might be enough. Finding a good garage is one of the biggest problems. My office colleague has suggested a guy in New Bombay. He has owned a 1.2 and a 1.6 earlier and vouches for this guy. So next weekend, I'll take a look and see if he's any good.

FRG

FuelRunGod2009-11-18 17:58:48

Aah! Brings back old memories. The lustre of the paint is still there,

like you said a polish will suffice for now. The bonnet does not seem

to be sitting correctly and the front bumper also seems to touch the

bonnet. The headlamps definitely need to be changed and is the rear

wiper missing? The leather steering wheel looks pretty worn out for

just 24000kms, which is unusual otherwise the interiors seem decent. I

would suggest changing the tyres as it is a 6 year old car and it seems

to still be on the OE tyres. Go a little wider to 185mm when you change.

I don't know how important FE is to you but I suggest you don't think

about it and just enjoy the car. No matter what you do your FE will not

cross 9kmpl and will not go down less than 8kmpl on an average. I used

to take it upto 5/6000k on a nearly daily basis and rev her all the

time :).

Here is a snap of my Flame red Palio :

20091119_082304_Palio_Sideways.jpg

I'm not too FE centric as long as its stays around 9kpl. Yes the bonnet has a slight dent on the grille which gives it that weird look. I will change tyres but need to bring it to shape first. Your car looked pristine even before the colour change. Will take the Palio to the show tomorrow.

FRG

There were no immediate issue's with the paint work or the body when I got her painted. I painted it and did all the other stuff as I wanted a change in the car as I was not replacing it.

I want to purchase a used Fiat Palio. Model available for around Rs 3,00,000 is as follows

2008, Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 SLX, 5,800 Kilometers

Is it worth going for? If yes what should I look for in the vehicle to avoid pitfalls?