bluesapphire

Want D-Segment car, Booked Jetta 1.9Tdi

@DD

I am pretty sure VW would like to use technology that it made in its own cars also. So I am fully expecting the Jetta to get the 1.8 TSI stonker. And hopefully VW will be careful to not repeat skoda,s mistake. So you might think of Jetta as the sensible option.smiley4.gif

But yeah, the best looking car below 15 lakhs, there is no competition to Laura.

I've already counted myself out of the "Power"game, no more aspire for a fire blazer. Where are the roads where we are going to race these monsters!

More power could translate into increased chances of bangs.

I've already counted myself out of the "Power"game' date=' no more aspire for a fire blazer. Where are the roads where we are going to race these monsters!

More power could translate into increased chances of bangs.
[/quote']

I find the Laura 1.8 TSI to have the most perfect mix of ingredient's at a reasonable price tag. It's probably the best D segmenter available today. The only weak link is the scary ownership experience of some. You don't have to drive it like a 'hooligan' all the time, but the smile that come's to my face that this car will allow me to be one when the condition and time permit's. If only Skoda can match Hyundai for it's ownership experience, I'll sure be the first one to buy. It's probably the only car that can waft you for 15.5 lakhs Durango Dude2009-11-22 06:52:58

Well Laura Tsi is a very good car and have excellent engine but looks quite dated actually.

Today we went to check out Jetta, and my parents are in love with it and the VW status and name associated with it, which is not provided by Skoda or chevy. We have shortlisted Silver and white color, but are waiting for some schemes and discount for december and probably will wait for delhi auto-expo may be VW comes out with surprise for Jetta.

My father like the drive of it, he liked the pick-up and also was smooth, though it was noisy on outside, the cabin was perfectly insulated to have only little noise, the quality as we all know as typical VW i.e top-notch and ride and handling was also good.

Can you give a detailed information regarding what problems people had with Passat, i am not aware of actually.

And yes, VW isnt that top-notch but atleast it has that quality which India probably has never seen in this segment and thus its pervieved to be, but still it commands respect in our country atleast.

As far as quality goes, its just a step down than big3 germans, otherwise its much better than all Japs and other competitors.

EDIT - For next post.

@Speed, thanks i will be waiting for that. Also do search for reviews relating to Jetta, till now i have not heard something adverse about Jetta or VW A.s.s, infact i have been recommended Jetta by 2 of my father's friend who own the Jetta and one of them is hell bent upon automatic, he says the automatic is great while we are not willing to buy Auto. He is also saying to have his car for 2days to be satisfied but my father isnt willing as for now, also he has Automatic so no use for us. He is having Jetta since its been launched.

Also the VW dealer said that VW cars doesnt comes with free service, the service interval is every 15k km or 1year whichever is earlier but not a single service. He also said that no D segment cars comes with free service but Civic, Corolla do comes with free service, right???bluesapphire2009-11-22 10:27:08

@Rahul yes City comes, but he was saying that D-segments doesnt comes with free service, but i think its only for Germans or so as they comes with 1year service interval or 15k.

Although i liked Jetta much, i am still tempted by the features offered by Cruzesmiley5.gif. regarding engine, although there is vast difference between the BHP's and torque of both but still both were good to drive, i thought Jetta might not be that good but it was very much driveable in city and power for 0-80 or 0-100 was good enough, and i love the brakes of Jetta, it was much better than Cruze, also the high-speed stability was superb. Lets see what happens.

Well the BS4 Jetta is already on sale. So now should i wait for Jan, as the dealer is giving the deal of rate of interest @ 5.5% and we think he will negotiate more.

The only concern is, are there any chances of Jetta getting 1.8TSi by Jan? as they will have to do something for there 1.6lt petrol engine to get it meet the BS4 norms. For now neither they nor customers are considering the petrol version of Jetta?

I guess for auto-expo they will concentrate more on Polo rather than on Passat or Jetta.

@325i, any news on this?

Is the 1.6 currently in Jetta not a BS4.

And also are the VW/Skoda models already BS4? Because we have not had news or indication about Fabia engine change either. Though I think it will get the engines used in Polo soon

I think Kizashi will be one car worth waiting for, it'll be real VFM. I also liked the Sonata Transform, though with the numbers it's doing I'd not suggest it, but have sat in it in HMP and is real good with beige leather seats and expansive space back and front, with fantastic kit and comes in both petrol and diesel.

Sonata transform is worth a look even I liked it some how the interior styling doesn't look upmarket . But overall package is still good for consideration. The automatic on diesel will suit it as it will cope up with the turbo lag.

@Rahul, well the current 1.6petrol is not BS4 ready.

And yes there was no indication for BS4 PD Jetta too, but the dealer has confirmed this and also the main reason for believing him is that when i went for inquiry, he told me that TD vehicle is old but new one comes with Beige-Latte interiors with new steering wheel and change in position of some buttons on centre console but never mentioned whether these changes are for BS4. On further inquiry he said that its BS4 ready and it was supposed to arrive in 2010 but as the existing stock of Jetta manufactured by VW was over, they decided to launch this and thus there is no media news or updation on their website. Though there are no noticeble changes to exteriors.

@DD, even i was shocked to see the features in the new Sonata transform CRDi at VFM price, it has got everything but then my father will not be ready to shell out this much sum for an hyundai and that too for the model that is struggling hard to sell with so many changes done like Embera, Transform, etc. So no Hyundai for now. My parents need a car which commands some value wherever they go if they are ready to shell out good 15lacs and that is the also reason we are not going for Chevy Cruze. And also the quality of plastics is not good with Sonata.

And regarding CRDi for Jetta, previously i was thinking that they might plonk one by Jan or so but then they have the same 2.0CRDi engine for now so they cant plonk the same engine in both Passat and Jetta.

Also, today the dealer called us and agreed for 0% interest on my father's demand but the problem is that the period is only for 1year, so we have to complete our installations in 1year only than the regular 3year. My father is thinking about that, also he is trying to bring him to 2years.

EDIT - @DD, as for Kizashi well i am not interested in Maruti Suzuki. I really dont believe them that they will give good quality, there mantra is simple 'give more features at less price and compromise on Quality' , i dont need best quality but what they give is below par so cant accept that.bluesapphire2009-12-15 16:44:34

I dont think VW is any different than Skoda, because at the end both are same company they also share the same factory, the same production line.

The service cost and parts are gonna be horrendously high, also at times parts are not available with the dealer and has to to routed from germany which means atleast a week at the workshop.

I dont think VW is any different than Skoda' date=' because at the end both are same company they also share the same factory, the same production line.

?

The service cost and parts?are gonna be <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">horrendously?high, also at times parts are not available with the dealer and has to to routed from germany which means atleast a week at the workshop.</SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA"></SPAN>?

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA"></SPAN>?

?
[/quote'] Well although they are from same family, i suppose their service standards are different. The management of both is different, Skoda auto india is not manages by Volkswagen heads so i guess VW will not spoil its image in India. Afterall they have big plans for India. And yes the spares are expensive but availability is not an issue i think, and also the service interval is 15k Kms or 1year.

Again confusion.

Yesterday me father went to Ahemdabad for some work and saw many Cruze, also he met my Chacha's best friend who is the owner of Chevrolet dealership there, and also another friend who is the sales manager of same dealership and both on asking about the car convinced my father by saying its far far far better than Jetta and others. So my father is again confused.

Now again am going now to check the Cruze.

Also yesterday on Auto Selector on Autocar Show on UTV, Mr. Hormazd Sorabjee said that 1.8TSi might be coming before april to meet emission norms in Jetta, he also said about the new CRDi engine before april but i doubt this coz BS4 Jetta is already in showrooms.

Lots and lots of confusion.

I think the tsi engine will definately make it to the Jetta because it is now avilable easily (both in laura and superb) . The cruze is a good car but the engine characteristics is suited to the highways than the city lots of turbo lag.

I think the tsi engine will definately make it to the Jetta because it is now avilable easily (both in laura and superb) . The cruze is a good car but the engine characteristics is suited to the highways than the city lots of turbo lag.
I think April will be too late and we might not get the current deal too, but i think TSi will be priced below the TDi just like Laura, what you say???

Also just now came back from a TD of Cruze, well still i didnt found any problem with rear headroom but rear legroom was bit a problem, the front seats were set according to me but my father's adjustment is actually better for rear passenger and not like me.

But grey seats are boring actually, and seats were not as hard.

Driving again was good, even in traffic it wasnt a problem in 3rd gear below 1800rpm, but after that rpm the sudden boost was a bit worrying and annoying in the traffic, on the open road the car is indeed very good with excellent power but gear is bit notchy but precise.

And yes noticed now only that the clutch feels hard and was painful in the city for longer time.

I dont know what to do, i and my family likes both, i.e the Jetta and Cruze.

Jetta is more safer and good to drive in city, has more legroom, better handling and stability, obviously better plastics and build, looks more classier and has snob value but has old yet decent diesel mill.

Cruze is brilliantly equipped, good for open highways, build quality is good too, plastics are average, and so is the handling, has good ride, sporty looks and interiors, but no snob value(not great status wise) and less legroom.

@bluesapphire

We all have been discussing from a long time, anything left to talk about ?

From beginging we both were rocking the same boat.. i remember from altis to cruze to laura to jetta to civic > all big discussions.

i remember when we all were favouring the cruze.. but after we see the car, its turns out the cons are to heavy on the pros.

anyway i bought the laura becase my dads friends owns jmd skoda. ( so i dont need to worry about services and fake parts bs )

if i wasnt buying the laura, then i would pick jetta.

anyway, you have any questions to ask from the top ? i can really ask my friend - who is uncle surabjees son.