bluesapphire

Want D-Segment car, Booked Jetta 1.9Tdi

Hi guys so after a long wait we finally booked Reflex Silver Jetta 1.9Tdi Trendline(manual). Although we were looking for white for our next car and strictly not silver but somehow we didnt liked the white of Jetta and we loved the Silver and thus booked it.

Booked it from Ahmedabad as we have some links there and got 40k discount and 8% interest for 2010 model. In my city there was just 10k discount and higher rate of interest. The delivery time is around 3weeks.

Also yesterday my uncle(chacha) bought black Cruze LTZ with around 65k discount and ready delivery & mind well this is only because he has very very close relation with the owner and also the sales manager of Chevy dealer otherwise no discount is available. My uncle also convinced us to go in for Cruze but we certainly have finalize on Jetta.

Now i have a query, yesterday when i went to our VW dealer there was a silver Jetta manual diesel getting ready for delivery and had Stanley leather seat covers as accessories by the dealer, the executive showed us and we were in love with the feel and plushness it gave and also gave an upmarket looks to the interiors, he said it costed around 30k. So should we go in for that from the dealer or should we opt for aftermarket fitting, i am asking this because Jetta also has airbags on seats(it has 6airbags), so going aftermarket wouldnt affect it?

I think its more safe to go with the dealer as they know how to get it done correctly so as the airbags inflate properly when needed(i hope we never need it).

Help me regarding this.

Congrats BS on booking the Jetta. Make sure its BS4 norms compliant.

BTW I had a close encounter with a Black Chevy Cruze on the highway.

The car had its parking lights on & let me tell you the car looks mean, really mean as it approaches you in the rear view mirror. The massive torque made sure that it closed gaps behind me very quickly.

Did you check out the Automatic Cruze, its a neat package!
BornFree2010-01-19 09:46:45

Thanks Bornfree.

Well we arent that interested in the Automatics, BTW is it launched already?

Also i am not sure its BS4 or 3, as the dealer here says that its BS4 while the person i met at VW stall at Auto Expo said that they will start making BS4 only after march. Is there any problem if i get BS3 as i heard that BS4 fuel will be available only after 6months after deadline i.e April'10.

Also is the Cruze BS4 ready.

@BS: Congrat's on the VW Jetta. I think you can go for leather seat's out side, coz the dealer make's a killing when you get it done thru' him. Any how, make queries at your local Stanley outlet and see the difference. The Jetta looks real elegant. Keep us posted and also post some pic's. What's the OTR price for Jetta and did you checkout the Skoda Laura L&K with the 2.0TDI? What's the difference between the Laura L&K and the VW Jetta, otr pricewise.

At 30k for Stanley is pretty good deal if he is giving you classic. There is no way that it will be Nappa. Dont expect to save more than 2000 on Stanley if you fit it from outside, so its best to get it from the dealer.

I guess Chevy Cruze Auto has been launched with ~1L hike in price, though not sure. Its a good car & the Auto is a big boon for our kind of traffic, driving. Imagine the synchronised 150 horses working for you!

If I were to buy a car now, I would make sure its BS4 compliant. All manufacturers are slowly releasing BS4 models. Better confirm from your dealer about Jetta.

Don't mind but I personally do not like the Jetta even a wee bit. Its a completely lack luster car & remember residual resale value would be pretty low. There's so much choice in the segment today, why are you sticking with an un-enthusiastic car! Well, these are just my views, what you feel & like could be entirely different.

Go for standly from the dealer itself. Do check out the blue shade of Jetta though it really looks awesome in dark colours ,I never like silver colour too many similar colours on road.

Well there is a Heaven blue color which is just like Bluish silver color and we dont like that shade in any car, and another than that there is no other darker blue shade. Also we find Jetta's silver little different so we opt for that. I also like Spicy red but we dont wanna go for red shade.

@Bornfree, well i know many dont like this car but frankly when i drove this 105 Ps Tdi engine which is pretty old tech, i didnt felt any different, it was smooth, refined and powerful too though little noisy on outside. Also we liked its sturdiness(stability), interior and build quality, ride and handling and also its looks good. And as ACi said its engineered to boot.

It will be a family car so i think this will be good for us. Although i liked Cruze but its interior quality, grey interiors, rear seat comfort(seats arent as good) was let down and big thing was my parents wanted a car which commands respect and has snob value which Chevy doesnt have for a big car.

Civic is too old and Altis to me is somewhat more boring than Jetta. And we didnt wanted a Laura which looks too old and is nothing but an Octy, also Skoda's reputation isnt that good although i loved its 160bhp mighty petrol engine. I dont think its as unexciting as you think still its personal choice.

Also when safety is concern, it has best safety features including better brakes and 6airbags not to forget its tank like built.

@BS consider the colour once more I think even the black suits the jetta most but you need ti maintain is more ,I think I saw a dark blue Jetta in Mumbai once with 17'' alloys about 2months ago.

I need to ask about the dark blue as even their website doesnt shows any blue shade. As for Black, well i didnt liked it much in Jetta and another main reason for that is, its really tough to maintain it in India, i already have black getz and for now we dont want any black car. It doesnt looks good after long time say after 4-6years like White or Silver.

I think we will consider white again.

Platinum grey is also good but my parent doesnt want grey shade.bluesapphire2010-01-20 09:55:12

I went to VW dealer in Delhi on Sunday and about discount he said that he will give a little (Did not tell in figures).  Any how you are getting a good discount.

When you are getting the delivery.

I am getting good discount only because i have some contacts there otherwise there is only 10k discount. And i am not getting the car from my city, i getting it from Ahmedabad as i have contacts there. So delivery will be in Ahmedabad in the 1st week of Feb though we have told him to make it ASAP.

Great.  I just received a call from VW dealer and just I took a chance and told him that one of my friend is getting Rs50K discount and you will not believe he agreed to offer me such discount.

Wow this is great otherwise no dealers are offering atleast in my state. I tried this tactics with my dealer but he didnt agreed. Also ask him which model he is giving you i mean is it 2009 or 2010 because i got info that there are no discounts available on 2010 model all over india.

Also @Bornfree, please change the title to 'Booked Jetta 1.9Tdi trendline'bluesapphire2010-01-20 11:46:11

Update :

We have now opt for Candy White color, i still like Silver color but my parents want a White car now as we already have Silver City.

As we were confused regarding color and our city dealer wasnt having a white car for display and even the website shows Campanella white which came before but now its Candy white on offer.

The ahmedabad dealer sent us some E-mails for better idea.

Here are the pics.

Platinum Grey

DSC00391.jpg

Red Spice

DSC00602.jpg

Reflex Silver

DSC00903.jpg

Candy White

11122008001.jpg

Pearl Black

DSC00615.jpg

bluesapphire2010-01-21 09:57:34