arreddyy

new lineup from YAMAHA

yesterday i took a visit to yamaha service station for my fz's regular servicing visit. while the bike was being serviced , i happened to meet the supervisor of the service station. he told me that yamaha is going to unveil two products at 2010 auto expo. one will be a stylish scooterate and other may be a 125cc bike for mass market. he also told me that yamaha is thinking on developing a bike on fz's platform which will cost less than fz and will be built considering the needs of a family commuter i.e it will have longer seat that can have two person's properly,etc,etc and will have narrower tyres than fz for cost cutting. all these information are premature and we will only come to know about it in the expo.

he also told me that yamaha will be making improvements according to customer demands and asked me to give some inputs if i feel so.

and the results are showing too. yamaha has given better horn to fazer. i heard from him that new tyres are also under development for fz with more treads. and kick is available as option for those who want it.

when will yamaha get 150cc + bikes.. to india?

do they have any plans for 250 cc fazer or any 'R' series bike?

The FZ-16, FZ-S and the Fazer all qualify as 150cc+ bikes. The R series is already available in India, the R-15 and the real Mccoy the R-1 itself.

Well thats good news. The scooterate will probably one of the 3 for which we have threads with full info and pics. Those look good. And 125cc bike will be really helpful for them as the Gladiator which is good but not showing good numbers, but after R15 and Fz series, Yamaha has built a brand again here so it wont be a problem now to sell 125cc bikes.

And yes Yamaha should also concentrate on 250cc+ bikes, but then it will be too much costly as their 150cc R15 itself costs too much.

I can confirm about the scoterette. In november 1st week on a rainy day i saw something real sporty. Stopped at a signal in Koyambedu chennai and saw the Liquid cooled badge found on the R15 present next to the engine. Its the same 150cc 4 valve used on the R15 with a CVT. Asked the chap riding it and he confirmed. I could not take pics. BUT, i definitely saw the YAM tuning fork logo and the engine.

when will yamaha get 150cc + bikes.. to india?

do they have any plans for 250 cc fazer or any 'R' series bike?

The FZ-16' date=' FZ-S and the Fazer all qualify as 150cc+ bikes. The R series is already available in India, the R-15 and the real Mccoy the R-1 itself.[/quote']

hey..i guess you didn't get me.I meant 180,200 cc bike..n 'R' series other than R15 n R1(out of reach for most indians)..like R6..I own fz but feel that yamaha should introduce a bigger engine in it..people are buying yamaha coz it has great sporting history..we all know that R15 n Fz sold good numbers n still selling even being expensive n thirsty..

My word is that yamaha should stick to it n upgrade their reputation by targeting sport biking rather then being commuter oriented ..which they failed previously

I can confirm about the scoterette. In november 1st week on a rainy day i saw something real sporty. Stopped at a signal in Koyambedu chennai and saw the Liquid cooled badge found on the R15 present next to the engine. Its the same 150cc 4 valve used on the R15 with a CVT. Asked the chap riding it and he confirmed. I could not take pics. BUT' date=' i definitely saw the YAM tuning fork logo and the engine.[/quote']

I don't think so. A liquid cooled 4 valve 150cc engine, will mean astronomic price. Not only for the sake of pricing, i don't see any market for it. I can somehow digest 150cc. , but 4 valve engine, no way.......

4 valve engine means: high price, low mileage

And one won't use a automatic scooter for racing smiley2.gif.

yesterday i took a visit to yamaha service station for my fz's regular servicing visit. while the bike was being serviced ' date=' i happened to meet the supervisor of the service station. he also told me that yamaha is thinking on developing a bike on fz's platform which will cost less than fz and will be built considering the needs of a family commuter i.e it will have longer seat that can have two person's properly,etc,etc and will have narrower tyres than fz for cost cutting.[/quote']

Seems like the SZ concept is what the the supervisor telling about. If you look closely at the engine bay you can compare the size of the mill and the overall layout is similar to FZ. Also note that the bike doesn't have the kick.

See i said so, here is the scoop:

Yamaha is all slated to launch the new SZ Model in the 3rd week of February. They had previewed this model at the Auto Expo 2010 but had kept it as a rather low key exhibit. The all new SZ will feature a 150cc powerplant derived from the mill which powers the FZ family of motorcycles. It is equipped with conventional twin rear shocks and drum brakes on both wheels. The Yamaha SZ is expected to come with a price tag of Rs 60,000 (On-Road), which will undercut the price of its competitors like the Unicorn and the Pulsar 150 by a good 5 grand and will pitch it head on against the smaller Pulsar 135. With this vehicle, Yamaha plans to target the 150cc commuter segment which is currently dominated by the Unicorn and the Pulsar 150. This move is contradictory to Yamaha's said plans of sticking to the performance/premium segment of the Indian motorcycle market.

Courtesy: Motoroids

See i said so' date=' here is the scoop:

Yamaha is all slated to launch the new SZ Model in the 3rd week of February. They had previewed this model at the Auto Expo 2010 but had kept it as a rather low key exhibit. The all new SZ will feature a 150cc powerplant derived from the mill which powers the FZ family of motorcycles. It is equipped with conventional twin rear shocks and drum brakes on both wheels. The Yamaha SZ is expected to come with a price tag of Rs 60,000 (On-Road), which will undercut the price of its competitors like the Unicorn and the Pulsar 150 by a good 5 grand and will pitch it head on against the smaller Pulsar 135. With this vehicle, Yamaha plans to target the 150cc commuter segment which is currently dominated by the Unicorn and the Pulsar 150. This move is contradictory to Yamaha's said plans of sticking to the performance/premium segment of the Indian motorcycle market.

Courtesy: Motoroids[/quote']

Thats a good marketing move by India Yamaha.However its an old practice for manufacturers to launch economy versions to exploit the market down below the sticker price.Premier padmini had Economy versions with coir seats and body colour painted bumpers(No, the body colours on bumpers used to cost less than the chrome work on the Standard and Deluxe versions and it was not like the black (lower end models) and  body coloured bumpers (upper end) as of now).

Yamaha SS125 launched 

355__500x375_yamaha-ss125.jpg

Yamaha India launched a new 125cc bike called Yamaha

SS125. Yamaha SS125 is matted Air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC engine with

11bhp with YTPS (Yamaha Throttle Position Sensor that can return a

10.4Nm of torque at 6500rpm.

Yamaha SS125 comes with a carburetor fuel supply and both with Electric and kick start mode.

Yamaha SS125 Features:

• High Flow Air Filter
  • Stylish Muffler
  • Dynamic Sporty Graphics
  • Du Metal Front Fork for Smoother Shock Absorption
  • Convenient Retractable Footrest
  • Sport Inspired Engine Cowl
  • Sporty Tachometer
  • Lightweight Aluminum wheels
  • Powered front Disc Brakes

356__500x375_yamaha-ss125_1.jpg

Yamaha SS125 Colours:

• Blue X Black
  • Black X Red

Yamaha SS125 Specifications:

Engine:

Engine type

Air cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC

Cylinder layout

Forward-inclined single cylinder

Displacement

123cc

Bore & Stroke

54.0 x 54.0 mm

Compression ratio

10.0:1

Maximum output

11 PS/7500 rpm (8 KW@7500rpm)

Maximum torque

10.4 Nm/6,500 rpm

Lubrication system

Wet sump

Fuel supply

Carburettor

Starting method

Electric starter and kickstarter

Clutch type

Wet, multiple-disc

Ignition type

CDI

Transmission type

5-gear Constant mesh

Primary/Secondary reduction ratio

Prim r = 68/20 (3.400); sec r = 45/14 (3.214)

Gear ratios

1st

Same Old Insect Eyed Fazer to Gladiator & now Gladiator RS/SS-type to SS125 !!

Why this is so ??

As people in India don't like the Integrated Rear Tail-lamps with Side Indicators for their bikes(same was the 1st TVS-Suzuki Fiero, LML Energy/Adreno bikes earlier) & that's the main Culprit with this bike, with giving the bike a scooter like Rear-look & Yamaha is repeating the Same mistake again & again....

Why Yam isn't working on this ? & Plonking the 125cc Scaled down version of the FZ's 156cc engine for their 125cc bikes, as this engine is somewhat better performing than Age-Old YBX based current 125cc unit.

And heard that Yamaha is going to launch the Refreshed version of their Current Fazer by this 4th of August.

Yamaha today launched the SZ and YBR125 in India. The company has launched two variant on the SZ segment including the SZ and SZ-X.

The SZ is powered by a 153cc engine that is priced at Rs 49000 (ex-showroom, Delhi). The YBR125 is matted with 123cc engine. The company has priced this bike at Rs 47000 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Here is the pic of Newly launched Yamaha SZ;

42448140.jpg

While the SZ-X features Extended transparent visor and sculpted tank shrouds(over the Stock parts of the above Black SZ bike) 

& below is the pic of Yamaha YBR 125;

yamaha-ybr-125-different-colour-view-2.j
dr_nishu2010-08-04 13:22:43

I can confirm about the scoterette. In november 1st week on a rainy day i saw something real sporty. Stopped at a signal in Koyambedu chennai and saw the Liquid cooled badge found on the R15 present next to the engine. Its the same 150cc 4 valve used on the R15 with a CVT. Asked the chap riding it and he confirmed. I could not take pics. BUT, i definitely saw the YAM tuning fork logo and the engine.

Yamaha's new ray scooter was the exact same thing i spotted 2 years ago. That was the test mule with the R15 engine. Now it's 100 cc.