sudeepd

A Lovely and Mind Blowing Experience in BMW 730Ld

Our Business Partner has bought a BMW 730 Ld on 31th October (his son's 1st Birthday).

Today I got an opportunity to see the Car Internally (Interiors) as well as he took me for a RIDE (Not the one like the Dealerssmiley36.gif).

Man what a Car it is! The Bonnet is Huge enough when viewed from the Front Seats.

Lots of Legroom at Front and Rear. We can increase the Thigh Support for the Front Seats at a touch of button.

He showed the Gear Shifting Pattern. But I did not get it correctly.

The Rear Seats have Massager (in the Backrest) which work at the Touch of Button in the rear doors.

Then we went for a Ride. He drove the car and I sat on the Co-Driver Seat.

He drove the car as the Driver of a BMW SHOULD. I was feeling drowsy since he was driving fast. The Car would do 0-80 in less than 4-5 seconds. I am not used to such a lightening Pick up. And thats why I felt drowsy whenever he did quick 0-80kph. He used to touch 80kph whenever he saw gap between traffic ahead to show me how Fast it can touch 3 figures Speeds.

I was shocked to see his driving since he was driving a 17feet long and 6.24 feet wide car on narrow roads (Four Lanes- Two on each side of Divider) of Solapur.

This was my experience with a BMW 730 Ld.

He wants Registration Number as "1" for this car. The RTO told him to pay Rs.3,00,000/- for this Number since he will be issued "1" from Next Number Series.  The Actual Charge for "1" in Solapur is Rs.1,00,000/- (Hence he will be charged 3 times). Still he has not taken the Number for his car due to this Huge Amount. But I guess he will pay Rs.3lakhs and take the Desired Number "1" since I told him that the Current Number Series (MH.13 AC.XXXX will take 1-1.5 years to get sold.

He has decided to pay Rs.3Lakhs. 

The Cost of his BMW 730 Ld is 1,10,00,000/-.

He owns a Scorpio VLx (Top-End Variant) bought on 24th April 2009 on his Birthday, a Current C Class (MB) bought this year, Innova, Qualis, Verna, Camry.

Today we went for Visiting Our Sites in his Scorpio. While travelling on Highway, we came across a White Toyota Foruner. He was immediately Impressed with the Looks of it and called his office and told the employee to enquire about the Fortuner.

The Toyota Dealer in Solapur told him that there is a Waiting Period of 3-4 months for Fortuner.

I think he will not be Satisfied until he buys one.
sudeepd2009-11-20 17:57:38

No way DD Sir, Its difficult to drive such a huge car. Though I agree that it would have GREAT Presence in a city like Solapur.

But taking her out for a Picnic might be next to impossible since why would he take a BMW for a outdoor instead of his Scorpio and Innova?  He did not let me drive it because of Huge Dimensions (AND HUGE PRICE TAG TOOsmiley36.gif). I too was afraid to drive her.

May be in future I get chance to (at least) Test Drive her.
sudeepd2009-11-21 02:41:58

Congrats for having a ride in the mighty BMW. Well just 10min back i saw a white new 7series(probably 1st in my city) and was huge and looking stunning. It has that presence which the merc and Audi lacks in this segment.

Thanks BS. My Friend's is a Black One.

And did I mention the Sunroof (I did not see one in person before this)?

The Idle was So Soooofffffttttt (the idle rpm sound was identical to Honda Unicorn (I know I am comparing a 4 Wheeler to a 2 Wheeler). But just wanted to convey such Silent was the Diesel Engine when I stood near it (not when sitting inside). The Exhaust Note also was Sexy. I loved it.

Guys, dont be Jealous of me.

Thanks.

You are one lucky guy Sudeep the BMW 7 Series is a class apart and even more  the new version.....If he is your business partner, shouldn't you be getting something exotic too smiley2.gif!!

If I woke up (and I wasn't SID) then I'd ask my dad in heaven to bless me with a BMW 750Li and a petrol pump dishing out 97 RON and only just for me and my ride free of cost a fat pension running into...ok infinity and free upkeep of my Beemer. Probably then I'd take a leisurely drive to Mumbai drop in at the ACI office.

If he is your business partner' date=' shouldn't you be getting something exotic too smiley2.gif!! [/quote']

He is a Multi-Millionaire's Son. His father undertakes Government Road Contracts. Hence he CAN Afford SUCH Sexy and Pricy Cars Every Now and Then.

We are just Millionaire. As for the Question of Business Partner, he is the Major Financier for the Project (Erection of 32 Sub-Stations under Barsi Division) we have undertook. Barsi is a Taluka in Solapur. Hence he is our Business Partner. He is really Crazy about cars. As I mentioned earlier, yesterday he saw a Fortuner and he fell in love with it. I am sure he will buy one within 3-4 months.

@Anjan

Thanks.

As for Photos, he (Business Partner) has left for Delhi tonight.Will try to click some photos after he returns (around 7-8 days) but cannot assure about that smiley6.gif.

I would clicked yesterday but 1st of all it was night time and 2nd I did not have my Sony Handycam with me. And the Quality of 1.3MP Mobile Camera would have insulted the BMW's Charm. So had to drop the idea.
sudeepd2009-11-21 17:51:23

well one thing i cant understand is that if he is such a rich person then why cant he pay 3 lakhs for getting the vip number....sounded really strange 2 me !!!

but i really really envy the cars in his garage !!!

well one thing i cant understand is that if he is such a rich person then why cant he pay 3 lakhs for getting the vip number....sounded really strange 2 me !!!
but i really really envy the cars in his garage !!!

mehul not everyone is fan of VIP numbers i know many people who think it is a waste of money

7 series is chaffer driven car for most , suspensions should have been on the softer side for rear comfort